Our room at this Riad was beautiful and comfortable just like all the other reviews stated. However, there are a number of beautiful riads in the Marrakech area. I would recommend going some place else. I must state that separate from our experience the location of the riad is not as close as I would prefer to be to the center area of the Medina. Now this just may be our experience but we felt extremely ripped off when we left for a few reasons.
1) We arrived late at night and wanted some food - we were about to go out when the riad head - told us he will get us Lamb sandwiches - with this being our first night in Morocco we didn't know any better - but he charged us almost 12 US dollars each for sandwiches specifically ones we could have bought for less than half the price even with tip for him. He took advantage to us being new in the city.
2) Both of us lost our baggage on the way over and expected some help from the riad since we did not speak the language. The riad was less than helpful and even made us feel awkward about using their phone. At the time we believed this wasn't weird but when later riads offered a lot more help we were more disappointed in our first experience.
3) Paying - the riad operator made us pay in cash (specifically Euro). We were expecting to us credit cards but none of our 4 credit cards worked. However, they work everywhere else - never any problems. Then he charge a few dollars more than listed in the items in the mini bar.
4) Finally, we asked the operator what we should pay for shoes and clothing around the city (since we didn't have any clothes due to our bags) - the prices he told us to bargain for were extremely high! I was told after that the prices were even higher than tourist prices.
Bottom line: Try somewhere else for the cost!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enter Riad 58 blu, discover this little treasure, this relaxing oasis in the very earth of the lively medina, just a few steps from the excitement of the famous Jema el Fna square.Let yourself be captivated by the magic of its Moorish style and by the warm welcome of Paolo and Cinzia: Paolo Lombatti, its Italian owner who, after ten years experience in Morocco, will suggest you to take advantage of your stay in Marrakech and how to discover its surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Riad 58 Blu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad 58 Blu Marrakech
- Riad 58 Blu Hotel Marrakech