“A Little Paradise in Marrakech” 5 of 5 stars

Riad 58 Blu
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Derb Jdid 58 | Douar Graoua, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #33 of 460 hotels in Marrakech
Christchurch
“A Little Paradise in Marrakech”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I found Marrakech a little un-nerving at first, but when we could enter Riad 58 Blu and close the door we were in a totally different paradise. Tranquil and peaceful with tasteful decour and a relaxed atmosphere we had a most enjoyable stay. Mohammed was very helpful as were the other staff - we will most definately recommend. However I dont recommend hiring a guide, they will take you to the most expensive shops to buy your souvenirs, just head to Djma el Fna markets to buy your goodies at a fraction of the price :o)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

484 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Had a great stay at Riad 58 Blu, room was lovely, very comfortable and excellent service from the team. Mohammed and Ismail were always there instantly when needed, and very discreet the rest of the time - perfect! Everything worked seamlessly, no complaints at all.
Paolo (owner) would appear at breakfast and sometimes in the afternoon, always very warm and welcoming.
This Riad is a 5-10 minute walk from the main square on the opposite side to the main souk areas. It's a little away from the main action but not too far, and has a few excellent restaurants very close by if you want to eat locally.
Free airport pickup was arranged - it could be difficult to find otherwise, but once shown where it is we found it very easy to locate again - the old town is a warren so nice to be able to go straight back to the Riad without getting lost.
Have marked it down on sleep quality only because there is currently building work next door which woke us up in the morning - not til 9am or so, so not too early, and of course it will be finished soon - so maybe this is a little unfair. Also knocked a notch off the location only because by our last day (4) the walk back started to feel a little long - again maybe unfair, this is Marrakech and you will be doing lots of walking!
We are a well travelled couple and quite critical, this is a great Riad.

Other places we liked in Marrakech were Le Bain Bleu (Hammam & Spa, amazing), PepeNero (Restaurant, quite expensive, VERY close to 58 Blu, massive portions), Restaurant Le Fondouk (get on the roof terrace, quite expensive, best food), and Cafe Arabe (super relaxed atmosphere deep in the souks).
We never made it to Paolo's Italian restaurant in New Town, sorry P, but sure it would've been amazing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lancashire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Ishmayel, Mohammed & all the staff at Riad 58 Blu couldn't be more helpful.
The food was excellent & plentiful and the rooms were lovely,
Everyone was ready to offer advise book in hammans/reastuarants, organise drivers for trips etc.
Thank you for making our stay memorable

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

The owner Paulo and the staff at Riad 58 made every element of our stay in Marrakech truly magical. We got picked up from the airport at no extra charge; they prepared a beautiful meal for us on the roof, the night we arrived; Mohammed, the manager, even went out and bought our bus tickets for us for the next leg of our travels.
Marrakech was sweltering and manic but coming back to the Riad was like entering a different world: tranquil, cool and incredibly welcoming.
A special mention about Ishmail needs to be made- his patience at my floundering French skills was remarkable and he really couldn't have done any more for us.
We highly recommend staying here. It's great value for money, beautifully decorated and the service is fabulous!

• Stayed August 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

We started our honeymoon here and it was brilliant!!! Very clean, incredibly beautiful and the staff couldn't do enough for us - especially mohammed!!! They gave us loads of advice (great as new travellers) and even walked us to the square on our first night.

Gorgeous local breakfast and the meal that they cooked for us on the terrace on our last night was really magical - the fruit salad made us laugh though (a banana, apple and peach on a plate!!!)

We'd definately definately go back!

• Stayed September 2011
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

This is a lovely, relaxed riad with good service and nice rooms. It is a quick and easy walk to the main square which is an entertaining place day or night. The riad has nice, clean rooms and a terrace where you can have a drink, enjoy the view and hear the call to prayer - great!. Breakfast is relaxed and informal which is nice but is a bit 'samey' - not a complaint just an observation! My advice would be to get taxis yourself, maybe not as comfortable as those booked through the hotel but much cheaper and you get a more authentic experience ( though no air con) Good service, we especailly liked Ishmail who is really helpful and seem a genuinely nice man. I like this place and would recommend it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I stayed 4 nights, 28th June to 2nd July 2012 and travelled on my own non stop from Australia to Bangkok then on to Paris and changed airports then straight on to Marakech, arrived a bit shell shocked, disorientated and exhausted but was looked after so well. Paolo really is such a gentleman and the best host, kind hearted with such a generous spirit and will do whatever he can to help your stay be better or more interesting. Paolo drove me around on the back of his scooter and showed me around to help me adjust. The Riad has a lot of charm and grace with very generous breakfasts, coffee and freshly squeezed orange juice which was the best! served when I wanted by the wonderful Ismail each morning at about 8 or 8.30am because I like to sleep in. Ismail greeted me with a great smile each morning and treated me like a VIP. The Emerald room I stayed in was very comfortable, discreetly cleaned daily with lots of space and was a cool oasis.Mohamad also is very charming and helpful to do whatever he can. Mohamad was actually very kind on my last day to drive me around on his scooter showing me around Marakech and I saw a weeks worth if I were to walk the streets myself. He saved my shopping in the end in that that he helped me find genuine beautiful moroccan scarves made in Morrocco and not ones made in china which I had purchased the day before. Mohamad also took me to a genuine morrocan herbalist shop and I got lots of great products like argon oil, shampoo, face creams, massage oils, room deoderisers etc etc..
The Riad is very close to the famous Marakech market of course and a wonderful place to stay! Thankyou Paolo, Ismail and Mohamad for making my stay that bit better and making me feel so welcome!!

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Riad 58 Blu? Share your experiences!