“Lovely riad” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #60 of 481 Hotels in Marrakech
Lancashire
“Lovely riad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Ishmayel, Mohammed & all the staff at Riad 58 Blu couldn't be more helpful.
The food was excellent & plentiful and the rooms were lovely,
Everyone was ready to offer advise book in hammans/reastuarants, organise drivers for trips etc.
Thank you for making our stay memorable

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

The owner Paulo and the staff at Riad 58 made every element of our stay in Marrakech truly magical. We got picked up from the airport at no extra charge; they prepared a beautiful meal for us on the roof, the night we arrived; Mohammed, the manager, even went out and bought our bus tickets for us for the next leg of our travels.
Marrakech was sweltering and manic but coming back to the Riad was like entering a different world: tranquil, cool and incredibly welcoming.
A special mention about Ishmail needs to be made- his patience at my floundering French skills was remarkable and he really couldn't have done any more for us.
We highly recommend staying here. It's great value for money, beautifully decorated and the service is fabulous!

• Stayed August 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

We started our honeymoon here and it was brilliant!!! Very clean, incredibly beautiful and the staff couldn't do enough for us - especially mohammed!!! They gave us loads of advice (great as new travellers) and even walked us to the square on our first night.

Gorgeous local breakfast and the meal that they cooked for us on the terrace on our last night was really magical - the fruit salad made us laugh though (a banana, apple and peach on a plate!!!)

We'd definately definately go back!

• Stayed September 2011
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

This is a lovely, relaxed riad with good service and nice rooms. It is a quick and easy walk to the main square which is an entertaining place day or night. The riad has nice, clean rooms and a terrace where you can have a drink, enjoy the view and hear the call to prayer - great!. Breakfast is relaxed and informal which is nice but is a bit 'samey' - not a complaint just an observation! My advice would be to get taxis yourself, maybe not as comfortable as those booked through the hotel but much cheaper and you get a more authentic experience ( though no air con) Good service, we especailly liked Ishmail who is really helpful and seem a genuinely nice man. I like this place and would recommend it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I stayed 4 nights, 28th June to 2nd July 2012 and travelled on my own non stop from Australia to Bangkok then on to Paris and changed airports then straight on to Marakech, arrived a bit shell shocked, disorientated and exhausted but was looked after so well. Paolo really is such a gentleman and the best host, kind hearted with such a generous spirit and will do whatever he can to help your stay be better or more interesting. Paolo drove me around on the back of his scooter and showed me around to help me adjust. The Riad has a lot of charm and grace with very generous breakfasts, coffee and freshly squeezed orange juice which was the best! served when I wanted by the wonderful Ismail each morning at about 8 or 8.30am because I like to sleep in. Ismail greeted me with a great smile each morning and treated me like a VIP. The Emerald room I stayed in was very comfortable, discreetly cleaned daily with lots of space and was a cool oasis.Mohamad also is very charming and helpful to do whatever he can. Mohamad was actually very kind on my last day to drive me around on his scooter showing me around Marakech and I saw a weeks worth if I were to walk the streets myself. He saved my shopping in the end in that that he helped me find genuine beautiful moroccan scarves made in Morrocco and not ones made in china which I had purchased the day before. Mohamad also took me to a genuine morrocan herbalist shop and I got lots of great products like argon oil, shampoo, face creams, massage oils, room deoderisers etc etc..
The Riad is very close to the famous Marakech market of course and a wonderful place to stay! Thankyou Paolo, Ismail and Mohamad for making my stay that bit better and making me feel so welcome!!

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Enfield, middx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Visited Riad 58 in June 2012 for 3 nights. We had a wonderful visit and felt very spoilt by the personal attention of Mohamad and Ismail. We enjoyed the tranquill traditional moroccan style or the Riad. Very clean. Substantial continental style breakfast. Very close to main square and all local attractions. Very good value especially with free transfers to and from the airport included in the price. Will definitely visit again. Care re private trip to the Atlas mountains - Mohamed booked a local taxi driver for this trip at our request at a pre agreed price - trip was great but what we didn't realise was that there would be an extra fee for a walking guide to get us up the Atlas path, once the cab dropped us off. This did not seem to be an option and made the trip that much more expensive than we envisaged. Whilst the guide was good, we would have preferred to know about this extra charge before we agreed to the trip - I am not even sure if Mohamed knew the cab driver would charge extra - just remember to check out all costs ahead.

Room Tip: We had the ruby room on the ground floor. Room was lovely although a little dark as no outside windo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Who would have expected such a haven behind the door? I stayed as a single traveller and loved personal attention from all the staff. Breakfasts were a delight especially the omlettes and fresh juice. Mohammed was very accomodating and looked after me more than I expected. The bed was very comfortable, fluffy white towels and good airconditioning for the hot days. Wiifi works well.
Situated in the Medina and within walking distance of the square it's a great location. I highly recommend Riad 58 Blu for singles , couples or small groups for some tranquility and high quality service. I left feeling like a friend not a guest. Thanks Mohammed, Paulo and all the staff you are magnifique.

Room Tip: Make sure you contact Mohammed to advise arrival time and he will arrange hassle free pickup, better...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo