“Relaxing Haven” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
Adelaide, Australia
“Relaxing Haven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I stayed 4 nights, 28th June to 2nd July 2012 and travelled on my own non stop from Australia to Bangkok then on to Paris and changed airports then straight on to Marakech, arrived a bit shell shocked, disorientated and exhausted but was looked after so well. Paolo really is such a gentleman and the best host, kind hearted with such a generous spirit and will do whatever he can to help your stay be better or more interesting. Paolo drove me around on the back of his scooter and showed me around to help me adjust. The Riad has a lot of charm and grace with very generous breakfasts, coffee and freshly squeezed orange juice which was the best! served when I wanted by the wonderful Ismail each morning at about 8 or 8.30am because I like to sleep in. Ismail greeted me with a great smile each morning and treated me like a VIP. The Emerald room I stayed in was very comfortable, discreetly cleaned daily with lots of space and was a cool oasis.Mohamad also is very charming and helpful to do whatever he can. Mohamad was actually very kind on my last day to drive me around on his scooter showing me around Marakech and I saw a weeks worth if I were to walk the streets myself. He saved my shopping in the end in that that he helped me find genuine beautiful moroccan scarves made in Morrocco and not ones made in china which I had purchased the day before. Mohamad also took me to a genuine morrocan herbalist shop and I got lots of great products like argon oil, shampoo, face creams, massage oils, room deoderisers etc etc..
The Riad is very close to the famous Marakech market of course and a wonderful place to stay! Thankyou Paolo, Ismail and Mohamad for making my stay that bit better and making me feel so welcome!!

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

505 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Enfield, middx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Visited Riad 58 in June 2012 for 3 nights. We had a wonderful visit and felt very spoilt by the personal attention of Mohamad and Ismail. We enjoyed the tranquill traditional moroccan style or the Riad. Very clean. Substantial continental style breakfast. Very close to main square and all local attractions. Very good value especially with free transfers to and from the airport included in the price. Will definitely visit again. Care re private trip to the Atlas mountains - Mohamed booked a local taxi driver for this trip at our request at a pre agreed price - trip was great but what we didn't realise was that there would be an extra fee for a walking guide to get us up the Atlas path, once the cab dropped us off. This did not seem to be an option and made the trip that much more expensive than we envisaged. Whilst the guide was good, we would have preferred to know about this extra charge before we agreed to the trip - I am not even sure if Mohamed knew the cab driver would charge extra - just remember to check out all costs ahead.

Room Tip: We had the ruby room on the ground floor. Room was lovely although a little dark as no outside windo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Who would have expected such a haven behind the door? I stayed as a single traveller and loved personal attention from all the staff. Breakfasts were a delight especially the omlettes and fresh juice. Mohammed was very accomodating and looked after me more than I expected. The bed was very comfortable, fluffy white towels and good airconditioning for the hot days. Wiifi works well.
Situated in the Medina and within walking distance of the square it's a great location. I highly recommend Riad 58 Blu for singles , couples or small groups for some tranquility and high quality service. I left feeling like a friend not a guest. Thanks Mohammed, Paulo and all the staff you are magnifique.

Room Tip: Make sure you contact Mohammed to advise arrival time and he will arrange hassle free pickup, better...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Mountain View, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Riad 58 Blu in June of 2012. We enjoyed the hospitality provided by Paolo and Ismail and it was great being so close to Djemma El-Fna. The riad was clean and quiet, and we appreciated having a haven from the bustling city. We enjoyed Ismail's substantial and tasty breakfasts each morning on the lovely rooftop terrace. We also appreciated his willingness to assist us with directions and restaurant tips. We'd recommend it as a great place to stay in Marrakech.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Riad 58 Blu was amazing on so many levels. Most impressive was the personal attention given to us throughout our stay. Muhammad helped us with everything from tour guides, dinners, spa reservations (even personally walked us to the place) and everything in between. The Riad was so beautiful, well decorated and such a break from the crazy streets of Marrakech. Also, a driver picked up at at the train station right on time and took us straight to the Riad where breakfast was waiting for us on the roof top terrace. What a way to start each day. Overall one of the best places we have ever stayed and we have been to six continents. To top it all off the price was very affordable and worth every penny for the service and quality we received.

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Oxford, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

We spent 5 nights in Riad 58 Blu and we highly recommend it for a city break. It's very centrally located to the main square and within easy walking distance of all the main attractions in the old city. It was a haven of tranquillity in a hot and chaotic city. The four staff were very professional and made us feel very welcome. They were helpful and made some excellent recommendations for dining and places to visit. Local excursions, taxis and restaurant bookings were made on our behalf. On occasions, we would have preferred an English speaking guide as well as a taxi driver.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
pawtucket
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

We spent four nights at the Riad 58 Blu in April and it was just amazing. Paolo and Mohammed made us feel at home in Marrakech and helped make local travel arrangements for us when needed. Outdoor breakfast every morning was a peaceful way to start the day above the busy city. Ismail and the rest of the staff were so warm and friendly. On our last night, we enjoyed a traditional Moroccan meal prepared and served at the Riad. It was the perfect ending to a wonderful trip. Thank you to everyone for making us feel so welcome.

Room Tip: We stayed in the large suite and it was just beautiful.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad 58 Blu? Share your experiences!