“Superb Gourmet food, really loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #310 of 541 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Moroccan
Warsaw, Poland
“Superb Gourmet food, really loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

We happened to try this our restaurant after staying in the same hotel it is in. Lovely location by the poolside, the whole vibe is very charming. The staff were very pleasant, and even though we were quite late, they accomodated us happily. The serving was a set-menu, with excellent variety of starters and desserts, although, half way into the meal we knew there wouldn't be much place for dessert! This is a far-cry from the other food we had while in Marrakech, it's much finer and more 'gourmet' in its quality. Definitely recommended.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
RM-management, Propriétaire at Restaurant Riad Monceau, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Guests,
Our clients' opinions are very useful - to us as well as to other fellow travellers, so please let me thank you for writing this very nice review. I understand you have enjoyed this time spent with us and this makes me sincerely happy.
I hope we’ll have the pleasure and opportunity to welcome you again if you happen to come back to Marrakech.

London, United Kingdom
“Intimate and Romantic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

One of the nicest restaurants I have ever been in. Not only for the fantastic food and stunning decor but the staff were amazing too. I planned my visit three months in advance as I proposed to my now fiance here. Isabelle and her staff were most helpful and provided me with the most intimate and romantic setting I could have wished for, the food the wine and the service were second to none and I would highly recommend this little gem in the heart of a wonderful city. Do not be fooled by the exterior of this place as it is down a side alley of the Jemaa al Fna square and can be a little tricky to find, but when you do you will be delighted.
My fiance said afterwards she could not have dreamt of a more romantic place to be proposed to, so I am in her good books for a long time!!!
Without going over what I have already said you must visit this restaurant, I certainly will be again.
Thank you Isabelle and thank all of your staff. A night we will remember forever!!!!

• Visited December 2013
“No tourist trap 😊”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Fine dinner just around the corner of El Fna square. Absolut authentic Maroccan kitchen. A real treat. Highly recommanded.

London, United Kingdom
“A wonderful treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

If you are looking for a place to enjoy great food when in Marrakech, you may want to check out this place. My experience there was one to relish. The staff that attended to me, was very friendly and knowledgeable as well. I think I had the quail tagine and it was excellent. What was offered for dessert -- different types of pastilla -- appeared somehow strange initially, but it sure tasted great.

• Visited November 2013
florakaty
“Rather disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

The service was indifferent, the food even more so. 4 expensive courses of very ordinary, almost peasant food. The main course was lamb tagine - how can that be so wrong in Morocco ?? About 3 mouthfuls of fatty sinew. Wine was good.

Visited November 2013
Dear Guests,
Our clients' opinions are very useful - to us as well as to other fellow travellers, so please let me thank you for writing this review.
I understand you didn’t really enjoy your meal and I must say I am really sorry for that. Our staff do so many efforts to ensure our guests a nice culinary moment and we receive so many lovely feedbacks from our clients that it is hard to understand how one can be so disappointed.
Our chef Rachida Sahnoune is part of the jury of the MarrakChef trophy and the Moroccan tourism authorities regularly ask her to represent the Moroccan gastronomy on big international events so… I guess she doesn’t do such a bad job but I completely agree that all can always be improved. I understand also that whatever the efforts it is simply impossible to meet the expectations of 100% of our guests. Be sure we will definitely take count of your comments anyway. It is the only way we can keep improving.
I hope we’ll have the pleasure and opportunity to welcome you again if you happen to come back to Marrakech and are kind enough to give us a second chance.