“A Truly Special Place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Idra

Save Saved
You added Riad Idra to your Saves list
Riad Idra
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Derb Tizougarine 105 | Dar El Bacha, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #9 of 461 Hotels in Marrakech
Victoria
“A Truly Special Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2009

I can't say enough good about this hotel, its Manager (Williams), and the staff. My husband and I have travelled all over the world, and this riad, without a doubt, is one of the best places we have ever stayed.

The hotel is tucked down a little alleyway in the old part of town, only a few blocks from the main square. It has a lovely open air courtyard where we were served tea (which was especially nice at night), a large rooftop deck where we had breakfast every morning, and a nice, intimate little dining room. The rooms are very quiet, the beds comfortable, and the showers are large and have good water pressure. The riad has been beautifully restored. It also felt very safe.

The best part about this hotel, though, is the people. The staff are friendly, happy, and go out of their way to accomodate. For example, I expressed interest in a Moroccan cooking class, and arrangements were made for a private session with the chef at the riad. The senior staff member also accompanied me to the "real" food market to help with the translation. Another staff person walked us to the square the first day so that we wouldn't get lost. They were attentive without being over-the-top. We felt very relaxed and comfortable.

The Manager, Williams, was very helpful with our arrangements for the continuation of our trip, with recommendations for restaurants and sighseeing, etc. He went above and beyond to ensure that things were as we liked them.

Make sure you eat dinner at the hotel- the food is exceptional.

I loved this place; I was very sad to leave. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
shanghai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2008

I true oasis 5 min from the famous square.

I had the pleasure of staying at Riad Idra and I am telling u that it is a great place.

The owner William was as friendly and helpful as could be expected and he is extremely passionate about your stay there.

The first day I arrived, he saw that my flight got in at 12:30 from casablanca and prepared a light lunch for me.

It was truly divine the lunch of chicken and salad, prepared fusion style.

the rooms are decorated very beautifully and the staff are very very friendly.

as expected, it just made the enitre stay great, i would really recommend this to anyone and family as well.

thanks william and will be back again.

• Liked — The style and decor and service
  • Disliked — not being able to stay as long as i wanted too.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Riad Idra? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Riad Idra

Address: Derb Tizougarine 105 | Dar El Bacha, Marrakech, Morocco
Location: Morocco > Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region > Marrakech
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #9 of 461 Hotels in Marrakech
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:5 star — Riad Idra 5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Riad Idra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Riad Idra, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.