“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Riad Idra to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Riad Idra
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Derb Tizougarine 105 | Dar El Bacha, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Special Price
30% off room rate
Ranked #11 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

We stayed in Riad Idra from 29th December 2011 - 4th January 2012 before continuing our stay at The Four Seasons Marrakech. We wanted to book our whole stay at The Four Seasons but they were sold out for New Years. I was apprehensive at first because the lack of reviews and pictures from Tripadvisor but had no choice as most places were fully booked.

What a pleasant, pleasant surprise it turned out to be!! Riad Idra is a quaint and beautiful place. It was closed for three years for renovation so everything is spanking new! They excelled at everything that matters to me- the sheets were crisp and sparkling white, as were the towels. The toilet seat, bathtub and taps were spotless and all the finishings were of a five star hotel. The whole riad was spotless. If cleanliness matters to you, then this is the place to be. Some other riads we saw were musky and had a damp feeling to it but Riad Idra was airy and full of natural light.

We stayed at The Aliya Suite but saw the other rooms as well. All were very nice. The terrace on the rooftop, the salon and dining room on the ground floor and the hammam were all lovely too.

The service was beyond good and I cannot fault any of the staff. The manager, Karine, was very helpful and arranged everything for us, including helping us after we moved out of the hotel. The butler, Omar, was so sweet and gentle and made sure that everything was catered to us. Salah, the 'bodyguard' walked with us to the taxi stop when we went out at night. The housekeeping staff were prompt at cleaning our room when we went out. All in all they were the icing on the beautiful Idra cake.

I have enclosed some pictures of Riad Idra. They are not photoshopped. I hope they are helpful to whomever who is considering staying there.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

222 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Frome, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

Newly refurbished riad in the heart of the medina. Fantastic. Beautiful sheets and towels, lovely decor, wonderful staff, delicious breakfast on sundrenched roof terrace. All good cannot fault and very well priced, highly recommend.

Room Tip: all good, but south facing for the sun (first floor suite) best.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2009

I can't say enough good about this hotel, its Manager (Williams), and the staff. My husband and I have travelled all over the world, and this riad, without a doubt, is one of the best places we have ever stayed.

The hotel is tucked down a little alleyway in the old part of town, only a few blocks from the main square. It has a lovely open air courtyard where we were served tea (which was especially nice at night), a large rooftop deck where we had breakfast every morning, and a nice, intimate little dining room. The rooms are very quiet, the beds comfortable, and the showers are large and have good water pressure. The riad has been beautifully restored. It also felt very safe.

The best part about this hotel, though, is the people. The staff are friendly, happy, and go out of their way to accomodate. For example, I expressed interest in a Moroccan cooking class, and arrangements were made for a private session with the chef at the riad. The senior staff member also accompanied me to the "real" food market to help with the translation. Another staff person walked us to the square the first day so that we wouldn't get lost. They were attentive without being over-the-top. We felt very relaxed and comfortable.

The Manager, Williams, was very helpful with our arrangements for the continuation of our trip, with recommendations for restaurants and sighseeing, etc. He went above and beyond to ensure that things were as we liked them.

Make sure you eat dinner at the hotel- the food is exceptional.

I loved this place; I was very sad to leave. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
shanghai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2008

I true oasis 5 min from the famous square.

I had the pleasure of staying at Riad Idra and I am telling u that it is a great place.

The owner William was as friendly and helpful as could be expected and he is extremely passionate about your stay there.

The first day I arrived, he saw that my flight got in at 12:30 from casablanca and prepared a light lunch for me.

It was truly divine the lunch of chicken and salad, prepared fusion style.

the rooms are decorated very beautifully and the staff are very very friendly.

as expected, it just made the enitre stay great, i would really recommend this to anyone and family as well.

thanks william and will be back again.

• Liked — The style and decor and service
  • Disliked — not being able to stay as long as i wanted too.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Riad Idra? Share your experiences!