“Ignore the bad reviews !” 5 of 5 stars

Club Eldorador Palmeraie
Commune Rurale Al Ouidane, Marrakech 12600, Morocco   |
Ranked #248 of 469 Hotels in Marrakech
Leeds
“Ignore the bad reviews !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Just got back from a great trip to this hotel with my partner and three teenagers, we found the staff were friendly, the rooms were clean, they accommodated our request for interconnecting rooms, the food was good and plentiful and the entertainment great, (not many hotels in the world that have their own trapeze you can learn to have a go on!) can't fault it, so ignore the bad reviews, in my experience there will always be a hard core of people that just like to moan.
Great value for money for an all inclusive.

Stayed August 2014
Community1st, Manager at Club Eldorador Palmeraie, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Greetings from Eldorador club Palmeraie,

Thank you ever so much for your wonderful feedback! We love to hear such a positive review especially during such a busy period of the year! We appreciate your rercommendations to people who are new to our hotel to ignore all the negative press as you cannot imagine how saddened we are to hear that few guests may not really have a positive stay. Our Management team takes every complaints very seriously and have discussed them with our operations team who took appropriate measures to ensure that we overcame these situations as we learned today from yourself.
I also would like to thank you on behalf of all the team for taking the time to review our hotel at Tripadvisor and sharing your experience with us.
We are glad that you found our staff friendly, rooms were clean, food tasted good and was plentiful, entertainment great and we really are happy that you enjoyed your go on our very unique activity in Marrakech "Trapeze".
We shall be looking forward to welcome you again and again in your second home, Eldorador club Palmeraie.
Best Wishes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I was very sceptical about coming here because of the reviews however it has turned out to be nothing but fabulous. I really can't see how many of the issues written about in previous reviews can be substantiated - we are a family of six. On arrival we waited no longer than in other airports for entry to the baggage collection area. The heat was something else however our driver we booked was there to collect us. The hotel itself is a little dated but to be honest it is functional and spotless. A most friendly team at reception upon arrival including the lovely Abdel who was really helpful. He brought us on a short tour of the hotel. Rooms were fine- spotless and we're cleaned daily. Lovely air conditioning as it is very hot!! Staff at the restaurant couldn't have been nicer - especially Reda and Tachi (the breakfast guy) Couldn't be more helpful and we're really kind towards my children. My special needs little boy went missing on our first morning (for 5 mins but felt like an hour) The waiters downed tools to help us look for him and since then they have kept a close eye on our son (although we don't keep our eyes off him either!)
We are still here and will be going home on Weds. I can definitely say we will be back next year. By the way if you are into fish and chips, football, beer guzzling etc then this is not the hotel for you! Beautiful food and a lovely culture awaits you.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stayed for one week at Club Eldorador and had the most enjoyable experience. I was a bit anxious after reading some reviews but our stay was flawless.
The room was basic but clean and well maintained, it was everything we needed. The Hotel itself was lovely. Beautiful gardens. Two swimming pools. One for activities and one to unwind and relax and lots of other activities from table-tennis to boule or even archery.

We cannot confirm issue with staff others have described. Everyone was friendly and attentive.
During lunch and dinner they always made sure that our beverages were refilled and we had everything we needed. An issue that occurred with our toilette was handled immediately .
Although we both don't speak French communication was no issue. Most of the staff including all the reception spoke English. And those with only limited language skills made every effort to communicate with us.

The food overall was very good. They had a very broad variety on the lunch and dinner buffet, it was impossible not to find something to your liking. Only for the breakfast buffet there could have been more variety. A selection of fruits or Yoghurt. But you could get freshly squeezed orange juice every morning.

Overall we enjoyed our stay tremendously. Lovely clean hotel with lots of activities (although to enjoy them all, like dancing classes, you should understand French to a certain degree), friendly staff and great location. The hotel is located outside Marrakech so it's very quiet. To get into town there's a shuttle bus which takes about 20-30 minutes to get you to the city with the last bus returning at 10pm.
We've already decided that we will return to Marrakech as there's still so much to see. And we will definitely stay in Club Eldorador again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Plymouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had a lot of problems with this hotel. We changed rooms 3 times due to no air conditioning, then not enough beds and finally were given an ok room. But they messed up our booking and we spent hours trying to sort it out with no help from reception and were met with rudeness from staff, despite it being their error!! The complex itself has a lot to offer, gardens are well kept and pools are nice with a variety of activities. But the food was poor and the 'restaurant' had a canteen feel. Wouldn't recommend it or return. Best part was a trip to Atlas Mountains

• Stayed April 2014
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I spent 5 days here with my best friend and we returned only last Monday and I have to confess, after reading up some of the previous reviews left for this hotel I was anxious about meeting "rude and unfriendly" staff and being let down with what others described as "very basic" rooms.

However, during our stay we were more than impressed with the helpfulness of the staff despite them not speaking much English and our room was more than 'basic' in comparison with other hotels we have stayed at around the world. The shower was wonderful and although our balcony was small, it was room enough for us to sit and enjoy the morning sun while we planned our days. The staff were always smiling despite the incredibly hot temperatures and helped us when we struggled with currency issues.

The food hall served up a huge variety of food and as a vegetarian I had expected to be disappointed at what was on offer but there was always vegetarian options available - and I totally recommend the vegetable soup - I had 4 bowls on one particular hungover day!

The grounds are immaculate and beautiful and there are 2 pools, one which is extremely large and provides entertainment and the other known as the Zen pool which was ideal for more peaceful days of sun worshiping and taking a dip.

If you stay at this hotel I just have to recommend that you treat yourself to a Hammam and a full body 50 minute massage... I swear we floated up the stairs after our session and the women were very polite and gave possibly the best massage experience of my life! I'd return just for that experience !

We took the shuttle into Marrakech City and thankfully we had a guide (can be arranged by the hotel reception staff) which again I recommend if you are new to Marrakech as it can be rather intimidating walking around town with everyone trying to get you to purchase something from their stalls.
And you must go and have a freshly made milkshake in the cafe that looks over the city. Breathtaking.....

Yes, this hotel is off the beaten track but with everything you need under one roof and access to a shuttle and guide should you wish to go into the city, why would that matter?

The only 'negatives' I would say is that we were not aware we would be charged room tax upon checking out on our last day and although it isn't too much, we were aware many people may have run out of money by their last day so make sure you check this out when making bookings.

We also didn't have a remote control for the A/C on our arrival but this was quickly sorted out.

Despite that, we are already talking about planning our next trip back and will no doubt book this hotel again.

Room Tip: Try and book a room away from the larger pool area as I can imagine it being very noisy should you w...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Surrey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

My partner and I , plus 2 friends came here for a short break to get away from the cold weather , unfortunately it was as cold and wet here! We had booked 2 garden view rooms on an upper floor. Though we arrived after dark it was immediately obvious that our "garden rooms" looked into a building. Daylight revealed a partially built building , a small patch of rough grass and a wall ! After breakfast we went to reception, and explained that the rooms were unacceptable and why ( these rooms were at the rear of block 2) .An hour later , we were given key cards to rooms in block 1. These rooms were at the rear of the block and had a "wonderful" view over a large flat roof and a delivery area !! By now we were getting very annoyed and the male receptionist suddenly could speak very little English, but I managed to get through to him in my extremely limited French, that there was no way these could be called garden view, and asked to see the manager. Eventually we were given rooms along the corridor and on the opposite side. The manager tried to tell us that these were pool view rooms and we would have to pay extra. The only way the pool was visible was by stretching over the balcony and craning your neck! Needless to say we did not pay extra . We even had to transport our own luggage from one block to the other. The whole episode wasted several hours and was especially annoying as our trip was short, and the hotel was not full and there are about 40 acres of garden! The rooms are rather dated and have very small balconies. The bathrooms seem to have been updated, but for a 4* hotel, they were lacking in the sort of toiletries we are used to in similar hotels abroad. We were not the only guests with room problems, and it became obvious that the guests with the most were not French.
The food was OK but not what we expect from a 4* hotel, having stayed in many around the world. The variety was limited but adequate for a short stay, but the beer and wine was reasonable. There are 2 bars -the outdoor one the pool is excellent and has lovely views over the gardens, but the weather was too chilly to use it in the evenings. The terrace of the main bar was very pleasant to sit in, surrounded by gorgeous plants. In the evenings just prior to dinner there was entertainment in the bar itself and sometimes this was so loud for a relatively small space that conversation was almost impossible.
The gardens are beautiful and it was lovely to wander round them. As the weather was cool and windy (plus one very wet day) we didn't get much chance to use the beautiful pools. We did manage one afternoon of sunbathing (plus a session of aquagym) at the Zen pool.
Having got drenched by the rain while visiting the Medina, we cut our visit there short and had a trip to the Spa. We had excellent and very reasonable full back massages.
we are glad we were only there for a short stay. We would like to go back and explore Marrakech in warmer and drier weather but the only thing that would induce us to stay here again would be the gardens and pools

Room Tip: Make sure you check out your room, if you have booked a garden room, before getting your luggage tak...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
LONDON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Having decided to go all inclusive for our few days in Marrakech I booked the Eldorador Club Palmeraie as it came out tops for hotels on offer in our budget.

Firstly, they really should include airport transfers. We were told we would have to get a taxi and it would be 200 dirhams to the hotel. All the taxi's refused and we were there a good 20 mins with drivers shouting at us saying they wouldn't take us. In the end we paid 250. On the way back we were charged 150! If you do go don't get the taxi's down at the bottom, go over the road and up the steps. Those taxi's seem more reasonable. A very stressful start to the holiday though so easily remedied with airport transfers.

I read that some people had issues with their rooms so on booking I requested a twin room somewhere away from the restaurant/nightclub as my mother likes peace and quiet. I also emailed them directly with the same request. They never replied so I asked my French speaking husband to call them the day before we flew out to confirm, which they did. However upon arrival we were given a double room by the restaurant and pool. NOT the best start... We had to sleep there the first night and change the next morning so we couldn't unpack and start properly relaxing. When we changed we were moved 3 doors down, so they still hadn't taken my 'quiet' request into consideration. We were only there 2 more nights so I didn't have the energy to moan again. Very disappointing though.

The rooms are clean but very tired. Our light switch was hanging out of the wall. No dressing table mirror either, only one in the bathroom or a full length by the wardrobe. Bathrooms are fine but the comp shower gel/shampoo isn't great so defo take your own. Balcony furniture is very old and mix-matched. I would have expected much better for a 4 star hotel.

The dinning is at best 3 star quality. Unless you get there at the beginning of the service you will be greeted with tables covered in dirty cutlery, plates and table clothes and you'll need to request it be cleared for you. It didn't seem that busy when we where there, I would hate to think what it would be like in high season! You don't get fresh table cloths, just new cutlery and glasses, so it feels more like a cafe than a lovely 4 star hotel dinning area. Food was fine, I can't really say better than that. It wasn't great, it wasn't awful. It did us fine for a few days and we made the most of the all inclusive. The wine/beer etc.. is all very nice. Much better than similar options in the likes of Sharm etc..

The staff are a mixed bag, In the main I would say they are lovely. Farouda on reception is a delight. Always there with a smile and she speaks great English. The rest of the staff were very pleasant but few speak or understand much English. The chap running the bar at the Zen pool was lovely and was a gem to my mother. He felt her 'too glamorous' for plastic cups so only served her in a glass which made her feel very special. The girl who makes the omelettes is hilarious. She clearly HATES eggs and has no idea how to make omlettes. I had an omelette every morning just to watch her. Brilliant.

The porters are useless and watched me struggle past them twice carrying mine and my mothers bags, oblivious to their job descriptions..!

The spa is lovely. We had a hamman and massage and it was really very good. Not cheap but worth it. Defo recommended on a cloudy day.

The nicest thing about the hotel is the garden and zen pool. The gardens are STUNNING. Genuinely beautiful and I was glad I booked somewhere outside the centre so we had a bit of space to properly relax.

Getting into the center is fine. The shuttle bus runs quite frequently but be advised, the bus is knackered! And there isn't a designated stop and no one gives you directions. They just say it's outside the gate. We got it twice and the second time waited in the same place and nearly missed it because it was picking up the other side of the road and 200 yards away. You also need to ask directions from where they drop you off as they won't otherwise give you any advice. It's actually a very simple 10min walk to the main square once you get your bearings.

All in all we had a fine stay and it was just about worth the money (£285pp for 3 nights). It could have been better though and the issue with the room really pissed me off. I would say the gardens are 4 star but the hotel is at best a 3 star. I would certainly stay in the area again but I would pay a little more money and stay in a better hotel. This would be the perfect hotel for a family though. All very safe, loads of grounds for the kids to run around and a lot of activities.

Room Tip: If you like peace and quiet ask for a room in the 2000s by the Zen pool.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Club Eldorador Palmeraie? Share your experiences!