I spent 5 days here with my best friend and we returned only last Monday and I have to confess, after reading up some of the previous reviews left for this hotel I was anxious about meeting "rude and unfriendly" staff and being let down with what others described as "very basic" rooms.
However, during our stay we were more than impressed with the helpfulness of the staff despite them not speaking much English and our room was more than 'basic' in comparison with other hotels we have stayed at around the world. The shower was wonderful and although our balcony was small, it was room enough for us to sit and enjoy the morning sun while we planned our days. The staff were always smiling despite the incredibly hot temperatures and helped us when we struggled with currency issues.
The food hall served up a huge variety of food and as a vegetarian I had expected to be disappointed at what was on offer but there was always vegetarian options available - and I totally recommend the vegetable soup - I had 4 bowls on one particular hungover day!
The grounds are immaculate and beautiful and there are 2 pools, one which is extremely large and provides entertainment and the other known as the Zen pool which was ideal for more peaceful days of sun worshiping and taking a dip.
If you stay at this hotel I just have to recommend that you treat yourself to a Hammam and a full body 50 minute massage... I swear we floated up the stairs after our session and the women were very polite and gave possibly the best massage experience of my life! I'd return just for that experience !
We took the shuttle into Marrakech City and thankfully we had a guide (can be arranged by the hotel reception staff) which again I recommend if you are new to Marrakech as it can be rather intimidating walking around town with everyone trying to get you to purchase something from their stalls.
And you must go and have a freshly made milkshake in the cafe that looks over the city. Breathtaking.....
Yes, this hotel is off the beaten track but with everything you need under one roof and access to a shuttle and guide should you wish to go into the city, why would that matter?
The only 'negatives' I would say is that we were not aware we would be charged room tax upon checking out on our last day and although it isn't too much, we were aware many people may have run out of money by their last day so make sure you check this out when making bookings.
We also didn't have a remote control for the A/C on our arrival but this was quickly sorted out.
Despite that, we are already talking about planning our next trip back and will no doubt book this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Eldorador Club Palmeraie is surrounded by its beautiful 11 hectares palm grooves and gardens. The resort is overlooking a breathtaking vue of the Atlas Mountains. It is situated just 8km off a free shuttle bus from the old town "Medina" and the sanctuary "Jamaa Fna square". In addition to the buffet Restaurant, the Hotel also welcomes you to its two gorgeous a la carte restaurants, Italian (from April to September) and Moroccan (All year long). Thanks to its All-inclusive concept. This magnificent 4 star hotel offers all the facilities you could need to make your stay as pleasant and relaxing as possible. The complex includes three fresh water swimming pools: 1 animated, 1 Zen, and kidz pool. Eldo SPA wellness center by five senses in the lower basement with Hammam, Steam Room, Jacuzzi, massages and beauty treatments. Just Dial 3038 from your room to make an appointment or if you require a special request. For the Gym Fan 1st floor. Children can also have a great time with the entertainment program, enjoying activities such as crafts with our entertainers and other kids. Baby Eldo for babies up to 2 yrs old, and Mini Eldo for kidz from 4yrs old up to 12, studio ado's only for kidz from 13 up to 17 yrs old. If you're travelling as a family, couple or with friends this hotel is perfect for enjoying the wide range of activities and sports on offer. You'll find tennis courts, table tennis, mini golf, badminton, petanque, Archery, darts, volleyball and Football. In the surrounding area you can also do stretching, water gym, play golf in a driving range, and in the winter you can even ski. Flying art Trapeze all year long for all age: A very unique activity here in Marrakech. At night, many shows and live music options await you, and to end your night A Night-Club "La Gazelle" to let your head out. Six Spacious Conference Rooms are available for any type of events, seminars and team buildings. Basically, it is the place to be if you are with or without your children. Finally, we are very proud to announce that it is the first smoke free Resort in Morocco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Club Eldorador Palmeraie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eldorador Club Palmeraie Hotel Marrakech
- Hotel Eldorador Palmeraie
- Eldorador Palmeraie Hotel