I spent hours choosing what I thought was the right hotel but was ultimately disappointed. Let's start with the good bits: beautiful gardens, well kept with a lake (and ducks and geese) and plenty of walking around space. Two swimming pools, one with activities and music the other quieter - both very clean and well maintained. Animation team worked very, very hard but they tended to concentrate their attentions on the "young and beautiful" crowd. Good thing about them is that they didn't try to force you into joining in if you didn't want to. Food was adequate, a lot of choice, but a bit monotonous. Service was mostly good. We had a room on the ground floor with a small terrace which was nice. Cleaning was excellent and standard of room very good. Housekeeping staff were non-intrusive and a couple of minor maintenance issues were dealt with immediately. Disappointing aspects: public areas didn't have air conditioning, ie. the lobby/reception, indoor bar, restaurant. There was seating outside but as all the smokers were out there, it wasn't very pleasant for non-smokers. Inside the restaurant it became almost unbearably hot, it got up to 38 degrees whilst we were there. Also it was too hot to sit in the bar to listen to the man on his organ, so we felt let down by the entertainment. The animation team put on shows most nights - a cabaret with dancing and sketches one night, a quiz night, an "X-Factor" type evening which were good but all in French so we missed out quite a lot on the comedy. Luckily a lot of the comedy was visual, but we still felt a bit left out. Hardly any of the staff spoke any English and whilst this wasn't really a problem, we felt a bit isolated not being able to chat to people like you normally would. Overall we had a relaxing time but a week was long enough. I would like to commend the ladies on reception - much more polite and helpful than the man; Leila from the restaurant who made everyone feel special and welcome, I have never met such a lovely lady who worked so very hard to help the guests. The guy who drives the free shuttle bus into Marrakech is also an absolute gem - funny and helpful and an all round lovely man. The hotel was packed to the gills when we were there which made it feel a bit "holiday camp-ish" which I think is what disappointed me the most, I was hoping for somewhere a bit more elegant and stylish - next time I will definitely go five-star. Finally, must commend the hotel for letting us keep our room until 6pm WITH NO EXTRA CHARGE. I have never come across this before, well done for this policy ... and the hotel seemed to be just about full.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Basically, it is a beautiful 11 hectares gardens resort located within the Palm Groove area called "La Palmeraie" only 20 minutes/ 6 Miles on a free shuttle bus from the MEDINA & the sanctuary "Jamaa Fna square" within the town center. Its an All-inclusive based accommodation, it also has two gorgeous a la carte restaurants, Italian & Moroccan in the All-inc concept. Flying art trapeze all year long for All age: A very unique activity here in Marrakech. Baby Eldo for babies up to 2 yrs old, and Mini Eldo for kidz from 4yrs old up to 12, a studio ado's only for kidz from 13 up to 17 yrs old. Conference rooms are available for any type of events, Three pools, one annimated, a chillout one, and kidz pool. A Night-Club to let your head out. A smoke free Resort. Basically, it is the place to be this summer if you are with children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Eldorador Club Palmeraie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eldorador Club Palmeraie Hotel Marrakech
- Hotel Eldorador Palmeraie
- Eldorador Palmeraie Hotel