The best feature of this hotel must be the grounds: two large pools, lush gardens, and spacious. Thankfully, the rooms don't disappoint either. I particularly liked our bathroom which the hotel seemed to have invested much more in than the bedroom. Our bedroom was standard - no complaints, but no thrills either. Decent aircon, clean, and bed was fine.
During our August break the hotel was full. The buffet was pretty hectic, and although this is far from the fault of the hotel, some greedy guests would take so much that some of the nicest dishes would frequently be empty. Seriously, who takes 20 sausages? There's a nice pizza oven going, as well as the usual Moroccan dishes, salads and crusty breads. The food was good. We loved the Moroccon themed night, and the crepes at breakfast were popular. Such is the thing which these resorts that lunch is the same or very similar buffet to dinner, but never mind.
Staff mostly seemed friendlt, although this was pretty difficult to suss as mosy speak no English spoken. This wasn't a massive problem, but arranging excursions and transfers was a little difficult. Thankfully we had no problems at the hotel, as they would have been difficult to communicate. Bring a french phrase book!
Wifi wasn't working. Actually quite nice to escape the Internet for a few days. Most reviews say something similar, so don't rely on it. Had a power cut one night for 20 mins, was sorted straight away despite it being 2am (you'll feel it straight away if the aircon shuts down in August!!!)
Our biggest gripe were drinks. It was 50 degrees. Water becomes more than necessary! To get a drink of water you have to walk to the bar, wait to be served and then you will be given a small plastic cup - like the type you'd get at a kids party. This is of course drained in a few sips. It would be so much better if they provided bottled water, or at least sold it. It was a pain to keep queuing for water in the heat... Not sure if I'm being fussy, but it did seem a little annoying, especially for an all inclusive place
Overall we had a great time. We were 30 mins free shuttle ride from the city centre so location was great. I think we may be tempted to pay a bit more next time and stay somewhere a bit more luxurious, although this place definitely suited us this time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Eldorador Club Palmeraie is surrounded by its beautiful 11 hectares palm grooves and gardens. The resort is overlooking a breathtaking vue of the Atlas Mountains. It is situated just 8km off a free shuttle bus from the old town "Medina" and the sanctuary "Jamaa Fna square". In addition to the buffet Restaurant, the Hotel also welcomes you to its two gorgeous a la carte restaurants, Italian (from April to September) and Moroccan (All year long). Thanks to its All-inclusive concept. This magnificent 4 star hotel offers all the facilities you could need to make your stay as pleasant and relaxing as possible. The complex includes three fresh water swimming pools: 1 animated, 1 Zen, and kidz pool. Eldo SPA wellness center by five senses in the lower basement with Hammam, Steam Room, Jacuzzi, massages and beauty treatments. Just Dial 3038 from your room to make an appointment or if you require a special request. For the Gym Fan 1st floor. Children can also have a great time with the entertainment program, enjoying activities such as crafts with our entertainers and other kids. Baby Eldo for babies up to 2 yrs old, and Mini Eldo for kidz from 4yrs old up to 12, studio ado's only for kidz from 13 up to 17 yrs old. If you're travelling as a family, couple or with friends this hotel is perfect for enjoying the wide range of activities and sports on offer. You'll find tennis courts, table tennis, mini golf, badminton, petanque, Archery, darts, volleyball and Football. In the surrounding area you can also do stretching, water gym, play golf in a driving range, and in the winter you can even ski. Flying art Trapeze all year long for all age: A very unique activity here in Marrakech. At night, many shows and live music options await you, and to end your night A Night-Club "La Gazelle" to let your head out. Six Spacious Conference Rooms are available for any type of events, seminars and team buildings. Basically, it is the place to be if you are with or without your children. Finally, we are very proud to announce that it is the first smoke free Resort in Morocco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Club Eldorador Palmeraie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eldorador Club Palmeraie Hotel Marrakech
- Hotel Eldorador Palmeraie
- Eldorador Palmeraie Hotel