We stayed here as a family of 6. As with all travels. there were pluses and minuses.
First the positives. The food was reasonably good. We at least did not get sick. There was plenty of food and had a good variety of Moroccan quisine.. The wine with dinner was actually better than I had anticipated for morocco. The free drinks at the pool and bar were small and it was always a wait to get one. They may have had two bartenders standing there looking at you and chatting and they really were not in a hurry to serve you. The only "coctail" available were the "house" brand which was quite poor. If you wanted a real cocktail like a pina colada, you had to pay for it.There were a few excellent head waiters in the restaurant. who were among the very few good employees of the whole hotel ( see below). They had a "moroccan" night show fro one of our nights and that was actually quite well done. Music and snake charmers.
Now for the not so positives. The address is wrong. They are in palmeraie, not in the northern morocco suburbs. When we arrived, we had a rental car and it took us 4 hrs to find the hotel in what should have been a 30 min journey. It is impossible to walk from the hotel to the medina as it says in their description. The internet is only in the lobby and is slower than dial up to the point of being useless. Many nights I could not connect at all even for basic email. Their front desk staff are mostly incompetent. There was one lady in [particular who was also always quite short and rude. They do not seem to know how to operate their credit card machine ( or the machine does not work0> We had difficulties on check pout saying our card did not work when it had worked everywhere before and afterwards in morocco. In addition, the day we left fro the airport , we almost were late as they would not let us leave as neither of our credit cards could work in there machine ( the desk agent was trying to swipe the card on the side without the magnetic stripe !!!) AND they also said that our confirmed reservation price was wrong ( despite having a hard copy with the reservation number and price) . After several angry words and persistence, they finally agreed that our reservation was correct. They really need customer service training and training on how to use their credit card machine. One does need suchb stupoiid hassels when you are trying to get away from the craziness of life.. this was a sour end to our vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Eldorador Club Palmeraie is surrounded by its beautiful 11 hectares palm grooves and gardens. The resort is overlooking a breathtaking vue of the Atlas Mountains. It is situated just 8km off a free shuttle bus from the old town "Medina" and the sanctuary "Jamaa Fna square". In addition to the buffet Restaurant, the Hotel also welcomes you to its two gorgeous a la carte restaurants, Italian (from April to September) and Moroccan (All year long). Thanks to its All-inclusive concept. This magnificent 4 star hotel offers all the facilities you could need to make your stay as pleasant and relaxing as possible. The complex includes three fresh water swimming pools: 1 animated, 1 Zen, and kidz pool. Eldo SPA wellness center by five senses in the lower basement with Hammam, Steam Room, Jacuzzi, massages and beauty treatments. Just Dial 3038 from your room to make an appointment or if you require a special request. For the Gym Fan 1st floor. Children can also have a great time with the entertainment program, enjoying activities such as crafts with our entertainers and other kids. Baby Eldo for babies up to 2 yrs old, and Mini Eldo for kidz from 4yrs old up to 12, studio ado's only for kidz from 13 up to 17 yrs old. If you're travelling as a family, couple or with friends this hotel is perfect for enjoying the wide range of activities and sports on offer. You'll find tennis courts, table tennis, mini golf, badminton, petanque, Archery, darts, volleyball and Football. In the surrounding area you can also do stretching, water gym, play golf in a driving range, and in the winter you can even ski. Flying art Trapeze all year long for all age: A very unique activity here in Marrakech. At night, many shows and live music options await you, and to end your night A Night-Club "La Gazelle" to let your head out. Six Spacious Conference Rooms are available for any type of events, seminars and team buildings. Basically, it is the place to be if you are with or without your children. Finally, we are very proud to announce that it is the first smoke free Resort in Morocco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Club Eldorador Palmeraie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eldorador Club Palmeraie Hotel Marrakech
- Hotel Eldorador Palmeraie
- Eldorador Palmeraie Hotel