It is a shame there isn't a review score between average and very good because "average" seems inappropriate for somewhere so wonderfully well appointed externally. However certain aspects inside let the side down so I can't select very good.
We were booked in a superior twin but on arrival sent off to a room in the second block - there is a main horseshoe-shaped wing and then a replica a few yards to the side, each with three floors. The key card wouldn't work so after a trip back to reception it was established that would have been a double room anyway. So another room is allocated in the main block, first floor. Twin - yes. Superior? Far from it. No towels, no bath products, cobwebs, nothing plugged in ready to go. Now we need it cleaned. All in all two hours of sun lost on arrival trying to sort all this out. We speak school level French but it was hard to convey dissatisfaction to the rather challenging reception staff.
Dinner the first evening was also grim - like a canteen for noise and lack of tables. Too few staff, hard to get a table and very slow service. However the range and quality of the food on offer was great.
After this unfortunate start everything picked up. Outside the hotel boasts an amazing array of distractions including table tennis, tennis, children's zone, two pools, archery, golf and cricket nets and so on - even a flying trapeze. Absolutely excellent. We didn't get very good weather - wind, rain and average of 12 degrees but we did manage a few minutes on a sunbed now and then. You need a few dirhams for a towel - you get this deposit back on check out. However this system wasn't available the Sunday we wanted to relax so we had to use the bath towels.
We used the shuttle bus into town which ran very promptly but was a bit grubby. We ignored the offers of guides and taxis - we had to be very firm and just keep walking - and there's no need as the drop off point is an ok 15 min walk from all the action. The souk was disappointing - more Man United strips than spices!
Back at the hotel we sat in the bar and the entertainment was mixed - one night something fun and hosted by cheery staff - the next dead. It was a bit out of season but there were loads of children, many with no parental control, and despite all the activities most enjoyed yelling and running in the corridors more than the facilities.
Mustafa - in charge of housekeeping? - happened to ask us about our trip and this made all the difference to our trip. Suddenly we had a fruit basket in the room, towels shaped into swans and rose petals strewn. Extra bedding turned up. It should have been like this from the off.
The TV has just CNN as an English language channel.
You get bottled water with each meal so take up to the room fridge to keep you stocked.
Note that some items at breakfast are cooked outside and you bring back to the table.
The bureau doesn't change travellers' cheques only cash.
I'd go again but not when the French school holidays are on, not quite so off season in order for sun and I'd go to the Atlas Mountains and the coast which were well regarded by people we spoke with.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Basically, it is a beautiful 11 hectares gardens resort located within the Palm Groove area called "La Palmeraie" only 20 minutes/ 6 Miles on a free shuttle bus from the MEDINA & the sanctuary "Jamaa Fna square" within the town center. Its an All-inclusive based accommodation, it also has two gorgeous a la carte restaurants, Italian & Moroccan in the All-inc concept. Flying art trapeze all year long for All age: A very unique activity here in Marrakech. Baby Eldo for babies up to 2 yrs old, and Mini Eldo for kidz from 4yrs old up to 12, a studio ado's only for kidz from 13 up to 17 yrs old. Conference rooms are available for any type of events, Three pools, one annimated, a chillout one, and kidz pool. A Night-Club to let your head out. A smoke free Resort. Basically, it is the place to be this summer if you are with children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Eldorador Club Palmeraie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eldorador Club Palmeraie Hotel Marrakech
- Hotel Eldorador Palmeraie
- Eldorador Palmeraie Hotel