Went with friends, another couple, and on arrival in early evening staff took care of the rooms whilst we were sent off to eat before the restaurant closed. It was in relative terms to the size of the place very quiet but still had a good feel. Very much french oriented but that in itself was not a bad thing. We had gone for five nights, our rooms were adjoining and a bit distant from reception / restaurant but close to the 'Zen' pool. The rooms were good, the adult pool was heated whilst the larger pool was very cold, hence kids were in the Zen pool. We moved to the other pool to get some peace but there are many areas to relax quietly. The food we found really good and the service in the restaurants was good. They were busy and i do wonder just how different it might be in season. The bars were okay but on our fourth and fifth night they had ran out of draft beer. They then quickly ran out of bottled beer so on two nights we were devoid of beer by 10pm?
The staff were great, the hotel fine, a little distant from the centre but not in itself a bad thing. Taxi in day was 100DH and in evening 150 DH, not sure ifr we were overcharged or not but for the distance involved it seemed reasonable. Enjoyable, no real issues at all. Watch out for the local tourist tax which we were hit with on checking out. It worked out at 40 DH (about £3) a night per couple. Taxis are available directly outside the hotel on a little rank opposite the main entrance, there is always someone available. In addition they have a coach that goes into the centre but that is about a ten minute walk into the main square. DO NOT get caught out by taxis at the drop off who tell you it is a long way into the centre and you need one. DO NOT get caught by 'guides' who will take you into the centre but then lead you a merry dance around mates shops and follow that up with a hefty bill. Marrakesh was a great place and we found everyone, taxi drivers, hotel staff, shop owners quite delightful. Remember 'La Shokran' (No thankyou).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Basically, it is a beautiful 11 hectares gardens resort located within the Palm Groove area called "La Palmeraie" only 20 minutes/ 6 Miles on a free shuttle bus from the MEDINA & the sanctuary "Jamaa Fna square" within the town center. Its an All-inclusive based accommodation, it also has two gorgeous a la carte restaurants, Italian & Moroccan in the All-inc concept. Flying art trapeze all year long for All age: A very unique activity here in Marrakech. Baby Eldo for babies up to 2 yrs old, and Mini Eldo for kidz from 4yrs old up to 12, a studio ado's only for kidz from 13 up to 17 yrs old. Conference rooms are available for any type of events, Three pools, one annimated, a chillout one, and kidz pool. A Night-Club to let your head out. A smoke free Resort. Basically, it is the place to be this summer if you are with children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Eldorador Club Palmeraie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eldorador Club Palmeraie Hotel Marrakech
- Hotel Eldorador Palmeraie
- Eldorador Palmeraie Hotel