Went with friends, another couple, and on arrival in early evening staff took care of the rooms whilst we were sent off to eat before the restaurant closed. It was in relative terms to the size of the place very quiet but still had a good feel. Very much french oriented but that in itself was not a bad thing. We had gone for five nights, our rooms were adjoining and a bit distant from reception / restaurant but close to the 'Zen' pool. The rooms were good, the adult pool was heated whilst the larger pool was very cold, hence kids were in the Zen pool. We moved to the other pool to get some peace but there are many areas to relax quietly. The food we found really good and the service in the restaurants was good. They were busy and i do wonder just how different it might be in season. The bars were okay but on our fourth and fifth night they had ran out of draft beer. They then quickly ran out of bottled beer so on two nights we were devoid of beer by 10pm?
The staff were great, the hotel fine, a little distant from the centre but not in itself a bad thing. Taxi in day was 100DH and in evening 150 DH, not sure ifr we were overcharged or not but for the distance involved it seemed reasonable. Enjoyable, no real issues at all. Watch out for the local tourist tax which we were hit with on checking out. It worked out at 40 DH (about £3) a night per couple. Taxis are available directly outside the hotel on a little rank opposite the main entrance, there is always someone available. In addition they have a coach that goes into the centre but that is about a ten minute walk into the main square. DO NOT get caught out by taxis at the drop off who tell you it is a long way into the centre and you need one. DO NOT get caught by 'guides' who will take you into the centre but then lead you a merry dance around mates shops and follow that up with a hefty bill. Marrakesh was a great place and we found everyone, taxi drivers, hotel staff, shop owners quite delightful. Remember 'La Shokran' (No thankyou).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Eldorador Club Palmeraie is surrounded by its beautiful 11 hectares palm grooves and gardens. The resort is overlooking a breathtaking vue of the Atlas Mountains. It is situated just 8km off a free shuttle bus from the old town "Medina" and the sanctuary "Jamaa Fna square". In addition to the buffet Restaurant, the Hotel also welcomes you to its two gorgeous a la carte restaurants, Italian (from April to September) and Moroccan (All year long). Thanks to its All-inclusive concept. This magnificent 4 star hotel offers all the facilities you could need to make your stay as pleasant and relaxing as possible. The complex includes three fresh water swimming pools: 1 animated, 1 Zen, and kidz pool. Eldo SPA wellness center by five senses in the lower basement with Hammam, Steam Room, Jacuzzi, massages and beauty treatments. Just Dial 3038 from your room to make an appointment or if you require a special request. For the Gym Fan 1st floor. Children can also have a great time with the entertainment program, enjoying activities such as crafts with our entertainers and other kids. Baby Eldo for babies up to 2 yrs old, and Mini Eldo for kidz from 4yrs old up to 12, studio ado's only for kidz from 13 up to 17 yrs old. If you're travelling as a family, couple or with friends this hotel is perfect for enjoying the wide range of activities and sports on offer. You'll find tennis courts, table tennis, mini golf, badminton, petanque, Archery, darts, volleyball and Football. In the surrounding area you can also do stretching, water gym, play golf in a driving range, and in the winter you can even ski. Flying art Trapeze all year long for all age: A very unique activity here in Marrakech. At night, many shows and live music options await you, and to end your night A Night-Club "La Gazelle" to let your head out. Six Spacious Conference Rooms are available for any type of events, seminars and team buildings. Basically, it is the place to be if you are with or without your children. Finally, we are very proud to announce that it is the first smoke free Resort in Morocco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Club Eldorador Palmeraie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eldorador Club Palmeraie Hotel Marrakech
- Hotel Eldorador Palmeraie
- Eldorador Palmeraie Hotel