We have just returned from a 4 night stay, and it was overall very good. We got a deal through travel zoo and therefore it represented very good value for money. Despite a few things, it was better than we had expected. On arrival we were taken into a bar to have a drink whlst we sat and completed the check in forms. We were invited to go for lunch whilst our check in was completed by our reps. When we walked back to reception after lunch we were given our keys straight way. This made a nice change from having to queue at reception which normally happens when the coach arrives at a hotel with a number of guests on board.
The hotel grounds and room was very clean and well kept. We were always able to get a sunbed, whatever time of the day we went to sit by the pool. There seemed to be lots of activities day and evening, and we enjoyed sitting in the outdoor bar with the live music. None of the areas either day or night seemed too crowded, and you could always get a seat where you wanted in the communial areas or bars.
Food was nice, varied and in good supply. We didn't try the speciality resturants as they both had a set menu with limited choice, and so we felt we were better off at the buffet. However, despite being very pleased with the quality of the food at the time, my husband did get an upset stomach on the last day, and mine started on the first day home.
The hotel was quite a way from Marrakesh, but we enjoyed the chance to relax away from the city. Threre was a free bus which run quite regularly. We took the bus in one evening and a taxi back, which only cost us about a tenner.
Throughout the stay staff were very helpful. The only disappointing thing was that the hotel charged about 8 quid tax on check out. There were no signs about this at the hotel, no information given prior to departure, or no information given at our welcome meeting. Guests complainted and two people refused to pay. However, our rep didnt want to know, and the hotel refused to let our coach go until they paid! Didn't like the hotel's attitude towards us at this point - semed to totally change from how it had been and was very rude. I know £8 isnt very much - but nobody seemed to be able to explain why we should pay it - they did confirm it was a levy by the hotel and not the government. Nice way to make a quick £150 quid or so for the hotel with every departure!!! Bit of a con which did leave a bitter taste for which would have otherwise been a good stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Eldorador Club Palmeraie is surrounded by its beautiful 11 hectares palm grooves and gardens. The resort is overlooking a breathtaking vue of the Atlas Mountains. It is situated just 8km off a free shuttle bus from the old town "Medina" and the sanctuary "Jamaa Fna square". In addition to the buffet Restaurant, the Hotel also welcomes you to its two gorgeous a la carte restaurants, Italian (from April to September) and Moroccan (All year long). Thanks to its All-inclusive concept. This magnificent 4 star hotel offers all the facilities you could need to make your stay as pleasant and relaxing as possible. The complex includes three fresh water swimming pools: 1 animated, 1 Zen, and kidz pool. Eldo SPA wellness center by five senses in the lower basement with Hammam, Steam Room, Jacuzzi, massages and beauty treatments. Just Dial 3038 from your room to make an appointment or if you require a special request. For the Gym Fan 1st floor. Children can also have a great time with the entertainment program, enjoying activities such as crafts with our entertainers and other kids. Baby Eldo for babies up to 2 yrs old, and Mini Eldo for kidz from 4yrs old up to 12, studio ado's only for kidz from 13 up to 17 yrs old. If you're travelling as a family, couple or with friends this hotel is perfect for enjoying the wide range of activities and sports on offer. You'll find tennis courts, table tennis, mini golf, badminton, petanque, Archery, darts, volleyball and Football. In the surrounding area you can also do stretching, water gym, play golf in a driving range, and in the winter you can even ski. Flying art Trapeze all year long for all age: A very unique activity here in Marrakech. At night, many shows and live music options await you, and to end your night A Night-Club "La Gazelle" to let your head out. Six Spacious Conference Rooms are available for any type of events, seminars and team buildings. Basically, it is the place to be if you are with or without your children. Finally, we are very proud to announce that it is the first smoke free Resort in Morocco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Club Eldorador Palmeraie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eldorador Club Palmeraie Hotel Marrakech
- Hotel Eldorador Palmeraie
- Eldorador Palmeraie Hotel