We are staying for 4 days at Palace Es Saadi until New Years Day. The hotel is magnificent and we are experiencing incredible luxury and service. It is so lovely that it is hard to drag ourselves away from the hotel to go to the hustle and bustle of the Medina. In fact we are not even bothering with a day trip to the Atlas mountains, having the most amazing view of the mountains right from our terrace, living area AND bedroom of our gorgeous Deluxe Corner Suite. Every time we head for the Medina we can't wait to get back to the peace and tranquility of the hotel.
As I mentioned before we are in a DELUXE CORNER SUITE -- so this review is for lovers of luxury and prestige properties of the world. I am counting PALACE ES SAADI amongst these divine experiences.
Yes, it is expensive, but I am having trouble finding anything between cheap and expensive in Morocco. Perhaps as time goes by (given the economic climate) specials may arise which may make Morocco and, in particular, luxury places like this, a more affordable destination.
Our room is divine and the lobby and gardens are just as beautiful as the photos --- if not better. Breakfast is included in our room price and you can have it delivered to the room at no extra price. The pool is lovely, but being winter we did not have the chance to use it.
Expensive but fabulous. Restaurants are great. I travelled with my husband and mother and there was plenty of room for the 3 of us. If you do not want to eat at the hotel, there are plenty of options in Marrakech which are not far away.
Overall I would say this is probably one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in on holiday and we are extremely fussy. The location is great -- just outside the walls of the Medina (old city) in a 5 star hotel area -- about 20 minutes walk into the souks, gardens, squares and busy shopping streets that Marrakech is famous for.
If you want to experience real luxury and do not mind the price ..........then this is an absolute must.
One more thing, I noticed previous reviewers complained about the service, plumbing, damaged terraces etc --- We experienced non of this .,... but I will include a couple of tips
1. We do not speak french --- but noticed that the "hot water
tap was marked "C" and "cold water tap" was marked "F"/
2. French is spoken more widely in Morocco than english .... since Moroccans do not really learn english you can make them feel more relaxed and "understand" you better if you can just say "shokrun" (thank you) ..... and assure them that their english is fine. We found that we were able to get what we wanted more often. Unfortunately, if people do not understand you or feel shy to say so --- in these places (and in some instances) they tend to walk away and hope the problem does the same!!
3. Make sure you stay in the new section ... the "palace" and not in the old hotel. Also, if you can get it at a good price .... book the deluxe corner suite and make sure you get the terrace with view of Atlas Mountains .....
We did not experience any road noise, in the lobby, in our room AND no noise from neighbours ... but we did at times hear some noise which we could not determine the origin (maybe maintenance or repairs? Who knows .. but we did not care
Palace Es Saadi is listed in the luxury and prestige hotels of the world -- and for many good reason!!!
We loved it loved it loved it!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Palace, member of Prefered Hotels & Resorts, is exclusively composed of suites, from 70 to 210 m², decorated in Moroccan or contemporary style. Top-level services are provided by a “golden keys” Chief Concierge.Full access to resort activities: Bars and Restaurants, Spas, Morrocan Diner-Show, Casino de Marrakech, Night Clubbing, swimming-pool of 2400m² (including 300m² heated).Located in the heart of Marrakech, in the “Hivernage” residential area, and surrounded by 20 acres of beautiful gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Es Saadi Gardens & Resort - Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Es Saadi Palace Marrakech