“Magical Morocco” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Escape to Shape

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Escape to Shape
Save Saved
You added Escape to Shape to your Saves list
between the majestic Atlas Mountains and the exotic Medina, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #36 of 185 Specialty lodging in Marrakech
New York
“Magical Morocco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Another fantastic trip is right Alison. Second trip with Escape to Shape and it won't be my last (where to in 2014?). Marrakech was absolutely magical - from the camel ride and hiking Atlas Mountain through the Berber Village to wandering in the medina. Erika and Francesco make traveling fun and easy--I didn't have to plan anything except what to buy in the souks :). As always fantastic instructors, drivers, cooks, food, staff and guides...the best of everything. Perfect for solo traveler or with friends. "Travel is the only thing you buy that will make you richer"

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Hopkinton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I just returned from another fabulous trip with Escape to Shape, this time to Marrakech, Morocco (I've done 6 other trips, including a Hudson detox, and already have a deposit down on a 2014 Escape!). Once again the trip was absolutely amazing. From the food, to the wonderful guide that took us through the medina and souks (the man has the patience of a saint...trying to corral that many women on a shopping trip through the souks????), to the fantastic yoga and pilates classes, to the power walks through the village (where we got to visit a school and hand out notebooks and pens), to the villa where we stayed. Everything was top-notch and made me that much more of an Escape to Shape addict. Can't wait for my next trip!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I've done 2 trips with Erika and Francesco to 2 different locations in Marrakesh and one to Sicily and must say that the magic carpet does exist and all is possible. They have always been extremely helpful in providing helpful and friendly information so I could spend a month traveling by myself in Morocco and stay almost 3 months in Sicily. All the staff working with them, chefs, guides, drivers, etc., are all top quality professionally and at a personal level as well as the locations and activities involved. Unfortunately, had to cancel Istanbul, but I'm looking forward to my next trip with the "traveling caravan".

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I have been on 4 trips with Escape to Shape and look forward to a new location every year. I wasn't originally keen on organized travel, but Erica, Francesco and the great folks at E to S proved me wrong. They organize the perfect trip for someone that doesn't have time to plan the perfect getaway and wants to stay in luxurious accomodations, yet actually get out and learn about the culture of a place. They find all the things you wish you could do, but probably wouldn't have the time to plan or even find, for that matter. The experiences are unforgettable. The food is amazing, healthy, and local. The instructors are top notch and the people you meet are always interesting. I can't say enough positive things about these trips. I'd really recommend them to anyone I've been to Marrakech and Cartagena in 2008, Bali in 2011, and Cambodia in 2012. They really go out of their way to meet your every need, whatever that may be. Go Escape!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Yet another amazing experience. The Destination Detox team was spectacular. Not only were we totally pampered all of us met or exceeded our fitness/weight loss goals. I can truly say there is no other way to travel than with Erica's Escape to Shape.
The team analyzed each of our food intake, excercise etc before arriving and had an individual plan for us that included nutrition, meals and excercise. In addition the unbelievable amazing Chef Nicole created meals with a presentation that was star studded and delicious (and yes very filling). Even if you aren't looking to loose weight this trip is a must. The detox, cooking and nutrition classes are worth it. Loved our yoga and pilates instructors. If you decide to go on this journey you won't be disappointed :-)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I went to Cambodia and Istanbul with E2S. This is a truly wonderful way to travel, especially if you're going it alone. Erica is a terrific host who puts together trips that are culturally relevant in every way: local food, art, shopping and more. But it's also a true vacation. You can do as little or as much as you like..no pressure. You can also go home in better shape than you came. Power walks, yoga, pilates, etc. The Cambodia trip was spectacular. Istanbul was a "city trip" that was just amazing..we did yoga in ancient cisterns! I plan on going on many more Escape To Shape trips.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Hopkinton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

I went to Cambodia with Escape to Shape in February 2012 and it was AMAZING. This was my third Escape (and that should tell you how wonderful these trips are if I keep coming back!) and I loved every second. From the accomodations (an outdoor shower?! huge bed? sofa to relax on?? a little porch to sit on and watch the stars???) to the food (healthy and fresh and yummy) to the yoga and pilates (so good to stretch after the flights!) to the amazing amazing amazing experiences (cooking class with a visit to a local family's house to see how they cook; participating in an alms ceremony with the monks; hiking up to a monk's cave to do yoga; walking thru the local village; walking thru and having dinner in the rice fields; visiting the food market; shopping in the night market; and the TEMPLES!!!!!) this trip was more than I had hoped for but definitely not less than I expected. Escape puts together spectacular trips and the hosts Erica and Francesco go out of their way to make you happy. I can't say enough positive things about Escape. But I can confess that a few days after I returned from Cambodia I put my deposit on the October trip to Cartagena. Hooray!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Been to Escape to Shape? Share your experiences!