“Amazing!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Bel Haj

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Riad Bel Haj
Save Saved
You added Riad Bel Haj to your Saves list
60 Derb Moulay Abdellah Ben Hssaine | 60 Derb Moulay Abdellah Ben Hssaine, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #221 of 1,057 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Riad Bel Haj was stunning. We were greeted by friendly staff who took care of us throughout our stay. We ate here and Riad Adore, which I have to say were the best meals of the holiday. We were completely spoilt! Absolutley stunning riads, I can't recommend enough!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

What a stunning place to visit. Such fantastic and attentive staff, forever smiling.
We arrived in the evening and found the villa to be so beautiful. We had dinner in the courtyard and could not believe how much food we managed to consume. The staff were so helpful and great to be around. The terrace overlooked so much of the city and was a fantastic place to have a glass of wine and unwind from a hectic day in the souks.

I would recommend this villa to everyone and anyone - it was absolutely fantastic!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We were recommended this riad by a friend and it was perfect. Beautifully decorated and friendly staff. Delicious food and perfect location. Couldn't fault it except the pool is tiny. If I visit Marrakech again I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Yet another very enjoyable stay. The staff are still fantastic and caring. Will visit again. We also visited the beautiful Riad Adore and had most of our meals there as we were with a party of 44 people from London.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor where there are two rooms. Ours was delightful.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Having spent the last week in lovely Riad Bel Haj, I can highly recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in a perfectly positioned, charming riad in Marrakech, with the most attentive and caring staff you could wish for. You are steps away from the Souk and the Square, making it the perfect place to stay to explore this fascinating city. The friendly staff could not do enough to make our stay as comfortable as possible, and the rooms were spotlessly clean and beautifully furnished. On the roof terrace you can sunbathe or watch the sun go down while enjoying a glass of delicious chilled Moroccan rose, or have a dip in the pool in the pretty courtyard below. Despite being so central, the riad is quiet and peaceful - a little haven of tranquility to return to after the hustle and bustle of the Souk. I look forward to returning, and highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed at both Riad Bel Haj and Riad Adore, two of Stuart's 5 riads in Marrakech, from 17-30 April 2013. What a find! These are two 4 and 5 roomed riads that are sumptuously and tastefully decorated, yet still cosy and with a great family atmosphere. The staff are truly amazing and they will help with anything that you need. One of the riad ladies took me to the local barber, sat there while I got my beard trimmed then escorted me back to the riad. The night guard called me on my mobile one night, when I stayed out later than planned, just to make sure I was safe.

The riads are located in the middle of the old city and very accessible to the markets. You will of course get lost in the narrow streets at first but that's all part of the fun! Excellent breakfast served on the terrace or the courtyard and beautifully cooked dinners available at night if required. I would definitely recommend staying at these riads.

Room Tip: In the Riad Bel Haj the room with the best Wi-Fi reception is directly above the living room area.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I had a lovely lunch at this lovely riad in the heart of Marrakech's teaming medina. Couscous is a traditional Friday lunch for Moroccans. I must admit that while I have had couscous in the past it is not a favourite dish and certainly not one I would have ever thought to order. But when in Morocco...

Imagine my surprise and delight to discover a delicious meal. The dish was served with an assortment of slow cooked vegetables, and a crisp bread with which to scoop up the meal. The veggies were tender but far from over cooked and the dish was so plentiful I could not finish it. The meal concluded with orange slices sprinkled with cinnamon. Light, healthy and flavourful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Riad Bel Haj? Share your experiences!