The reviews are true- Riad Vert is everything you would want, plus more.
The location is slightly away from the extreme hustle and bustle of the souks and the main squares but this is a good thing! It's only a 20 min walk to these areas, and its an interesting walk where you get to see others aspects of daily life. A few reviews haven mentioned the distance, but believe, it is not a problem. For after dark, Sanaa provides you with a phone number for Ahmed, a taxi driver who will meet you at a set place an drop you closer to the riad than other taxis will- and all at a set price. During the day, it's a straightforward walk to get to where you need to be.
The actual raid is beautiful. Relaxing, clean, gorgeously decorated and a really welcome place to return to at the end of the day. The breakfasts are simple and delicious, and made when you're ready (which was quite late for us in the morning as we slept sooooo well).
We had the room that opened up onto the terrace. The room was a good size and extremely comfortable. It was like our own little Moroccan retreat. The only thing I will mention was that there was a family staying there at the time and when they were in the common area/terrace their noise filtered directly into our room. Having said that, we were so exhausted at the end if each day that we were able to sleep through it.
As everyone else has said, the food is delicious and well worth a try. We wouldn't normally eat at our accommodation, preferring to see what else was on offer, but we had dinner at the riad a few times and were not disappointed. Just think about it makes my mouth water...
Sanaa organised us a day tripo into the Atlas Mountains. It was just the two of us, plus our English speaking driver. Of course, you stop in at the obligatory carpet place along the way, but you also get to see a a place where they grow and sell herbs they use to make teas, ointments and oils. Once we were there, the driver found us a guide for a walk up into the mountains. You can go as far as the first waterfall, or scramble up the rocks further for a longer, and much more scenic walk. It's well worth it and one of the highlights of our trip. I would say hat make sure you understand the costings of the day. We thought we paid for everything, all at once to Sanaa, but it's turns out the guide for our walk and lunch was not included. We didn't have to have lunch at the Berber village but we couldn't resist the riverside location location... And it turned out to be one of our nicest lunches.
I would definitely stay at Riad Vert again, without a doubt. It's one of those places you would see in an interior design magazine and think to yourself 'where are these places? I'll never get to stay in something I've that!' But you can- Riad Vert is that place and you couldn't want a better place to return to each day.
Thank you to Sanaa for giving us the right directions and greeting us with a smile each morning and night. It's so immensely appreciated.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Vert Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- Riad Vert Marrakech Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located ten minutes away from the Djemâa el-Fna square and the souks, in the heart of the medina, you will find a peaceful haven, where green palm-trees strikingly contrast with the whitewashed walls. Welcome home at the Riad Vert.From 49 to 99 euro, according to the seasons, 7 spacious rooms with asserted personalities, a patio in the shade of palm trees, a bouh with larges sofas, a winter loungein subdued lights, a reading room far from the noises of the city, a terrace brightened up all year long, a delicious cooking and Jacuzzi under the sky are waiting for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Budget Places, Priceline, Agoda, Venere, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Riad Vert Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.