“If you could avoid it” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #386 of 481 Hotels in Marrakech
Surbiton, United Kingdom
“If you could avoid it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Too expensive for what the hotel offers including bed bugs, cockroaches, dirty bed sheets, hardest pillows ever, old towels and terrible breakfast! Except for the decent location there is very little going for this hotel: lots and lots improvements needed.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

As soon as I came out from Oliveri, which is one of the best places to enjoy the best Ice cream in Marrakech town I was approach by a young pretty lady who asked me a question and said if my answer is correct I would win a 5 days free stay at this hotel. The question was which one is the 3rd touristic city in Morocco? Every one know that Marrakech is the first followed by Agadir then Fez is the 3rd. The congratulated me for answering the right question then asked me to accompany her to their office which is based in Hotel Corail. As soon as we headed to the Hotel she took off the badge she was wearing and that seemed a bit suspicious to me. We arrived at the Hotel and there was quite few people in there and I was told they were all winners. I was introduced to a sale assistant who started telling me about their agency and what they do, then she offered me a membership with them for £2000 which I was asked to pay immediately. I refused as I suspected something was wrong, I looked around and the people who were in that room seemed a bit weird. The lady again offered and insisted that I could pay by instalment if I give a immediate deposit of £500. Once again I refused and just wanted to go, then she wanted to give me the vouchers for the 5 days stay that I won, and what was more surprising is that I was told that I had to pay £50 insurance for this! This led me to believe at 100% that this was a scam and left the hotel straight away.
On my way back from this hotel, I was thinking about all happened and trying to analyse every single thing. The lady chose me in the street because I looked stranger, the fact that she took off her badge when we headed to the hotel was suspicious, the people in that room seemed very weird, the way how I was approached and explained about the package didn't seem to be genuine. I am not sure if the hotel has played a role onto this scam but I can't believe that this hotel would give a room and let scammers rip people off under the name of the hotel. I will certainly report this to the police to ensure that all tourists are going to be safe in this beautiful town.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Booked a 7 day holiday here as the website made it look and sound attractive. On arrival the cleaner had the reception area swimming in water (health and safety issue). The room was 'adequate' but lacked items mention in advert...i.e mini bar, working shower (shower head not fixed to wall so had to hold it to shower), hairdryer, radio/CD player. There was also mould on the bathroom tiles. The restaurant and bar were both closed for Ramadan - no mention of this in advert or when booking. We were the only 2 guests staying there and when we went down for breakfast the first morning, we found 2 members of staff asleep on the settees in the reception area. They both jumped up on hearing us. One led us to a table next to the tiny indoor pool ( weren't allowed in 'official restaurant area') We were then served with 2 cold boiled eggs on a saucer, some stale bread, weak coffee with sour curdled milk and a glass of orange juice. We left all but the juice. The 2nd morning was an exact repeat (staff asleep etc) the only difference was we were served 1 overdone, cracked yolk, fried egg with the stale bread and curdled milk/coffee. We checked out immediately and booked into a hotel that met the standards you would expect on your 'holiday')!

• Stayed July 2014
United kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Blood spotted bed sheet , bath tub broken, tear parted curtain, hanging canvas, cracked wall, springy mattress, dirty sofa, remote control does not work, no channel on TV, no towel, window cracked glass, passage light missing, same breakfast every day.. No helpful staff,,,, that's why this is only 3rd hotel ,,, only cheap in UK but soon as u go to this bloody Corail hotel they will ask for service tax,,, be careful b4 u go

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

The location could have been better, unless you want to be close to the train station. It’s maybe a 30 minute walk to the medina. The air conditioning didn't quite work. Service was OK. We requested more towels, because the room only came with two, but they never came. I was looking for a restaurant on our last night there, and while we did have to look it up ourselves, the guy at the front desk called them for us. Beds were hard, as were the pillows.
Breakfast was pitiful (baguette, jam, hard boiled eggs, juice, coffee), although it was similar standard as what we experienced all over Morocco.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Considering this is a 3 star hotel, the price was ok and the rooms were of a good size, the bathroom was clean. The location is great, near a mcdonalds and the train station. A taxi from the hotel to the square is only 20 Dirhams. Close to the airport too - 70 Dirham Journey. They provided a buffet breakfast - not the best, standard i guess. However on the positive they do bring it up to your room if you ask which is nice and not something you may get at another hotel.

Staff were nice and helpful, except Hassan who booked the day trek to the atlas mountain. be careful when booking with him and haggle the price too.

When we booked it he told us the Guide was included and we would have a great air conditioned car. Neither of these were true.

We had to pay for a separate guide when we got there and the taxi was ok, nothing fancy like he made it out to be.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Swindon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Travelled with 20 students for our first and last nights in Morocco, either end of touring the mountains and desert. You have to take into account that this is a 3* hotel and also remember that it does not correlate to a UK 3*. Generally speaking European hotels are overrated by one star and other countries (except USA and maybe Aus/NZ) are another star below that. The entrance is rather nice, we were greeted by friendly attentive staff. I had a different room on each of the two nights we stayed there (being a week apart) and apart from a loose toilet seat, both rooms were fairly clean (some dust around the first but no soiling of any kind). Missing plugs in basins are the norm for most establishments in that country. Space and furnishing level is obviously variable as with any hotel in the world according to price. For the level of hotel, food choice was reasonably better than average with good quantity. The bar was open and also the coffee shop when we were there. Wifi seems to be only available in the Reception/Pool/Bar area - but you're on a break, get over it. We gained no impression of unwillingness on the part of the Staff. This is a budget hotel so don't make criticisms around 4* expectations. 15th and 21st March, 2014.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends