For my first visit to Marrakech, I was seduced upon arrival. I felt like I was transported to the set of Kismet, overwhelmed by colors, scents and history! We were greeted by the riad's driver at the airport and whisked off into the medina. The driver took our luggage and escorted us into the secret oasis tucked within the heart of the souk, a perfectly hidden venue, away from chaos and tourists. This riad has the perfect location on the edge of the souks, close to everything, yet far enough away so you may find peace. We felt welcome and safe here. Upon entry, our senses were seduced not only by the intricate detail and beautiful design of the riad, but by the freshly prepared hot mint tea offered. Fantastic! Following the tea, we treated ourselves to massages and the hammam. What a wonderful way to begin our visit! When we arrived in our room, the bed and bath were covered in rose petals. We truly felt like we arrived in the Sultan's bedroom! Attention-to-detail at this property was paramount -- the presentation was more than lovely, keeping in tune with traditional riad (a traditional Moroccan house or palace with an interior garden...Riads were inward focused, allowing for privacy and protection from the weather in Morocco). The tile work, mosaics, colors, indoor garden, painted ceilings, all stunning. Breakfast on the terrace was perfect and your only need to view the city...as this riad is a perfect place for cocooning -- whether sleeping late, enjoying the hammam or reading in the manicured courtyard. Dinner was also quite good, simple yet flavorful traditional Moroccan food and a welcome treat by the fire, after exploring all day (and terrific service with a smile, particularly Simon, merci!)! I travel extensively for business and was happy to experience the Esprit du Maroc, as it was not just-another-hotel. The owner of Esprit du Maroc has done a wonderful job recreating a magical ambiance for her guests. Note: Morocco can be a challenge sometimes, if you're used to fast service -- Have patience, enjoy another cup of tea, everything here gets done, eventually. As I had to unexpectedly work during my visit, the staff at Esprit du Maroc was also willing to manage my requests, whether getting photocopies, faxes or an extra bottle of water. Thank you so much! We had a wonderful visit and look forward to our return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Un des joyaux de la Médina à l’abri des regards...Un Palais du XVIII, où règne la magnificence des mille et une nuits … 10 chambres, Spa de 200 m2, salle de fitness : culture du bien-être. Les plaisirs de la table avec son Restaurant «gastronomie marocaine».Un moment magique avec son Jardin sur la grande terrasse.La plénitude de ses 3 patios dont un avec Piscine. Retrouvez un lieu privilégié dont le nom,"Esprit du Maroc"exprime le raffinement de sa décoration sortie tout droit d’un rêve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Riad & Spa Esprit du Maroc reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad And Spa Esprit Du Maroc
- Riad & Spa Esprit Du Maroc Hotel Marrakech
- Riad Esprit Du Maroc Marrakech