This is not a five stars holiday place, please do not be fooled by the home page which gives you an impression of a fancy house – which it is not. On top everything the Riad offers is heavy overpriced!
The location of the Riad is in the slum of Marrakesh. The roads to the place are very narrow, dark and full of poor people. Taxis can drive to a certain point after which we have to walk on your feet to reach the Riad.
Our room was big, the furniture were old and had black stains, one of the bed sheets had a hole and the towels were old and hard. No fridge, phone or a closet were there! There was a small inner cold and humid room for the clothes and bags.
The bathroom was big but we could not enjoy a shower as the water temperature kept changing from very hot to cold.
The WiFi was promised as part of the standard room facility but it turned out to be available only in one spot in the hallway - no wireless in the room, restaurant or balcony – and that was a big disappointment.
Breakfast was a big disappointment as well. It was very basic and was the same every morning: a plate of small fresh bread, two small pots of jam and one of butter, a glass of orange juice for each , tea-bags and a small bowl of thin chopped apple and banana or a small yoghurt for each.
The manager decided in the morning for a local dish as the dinner for the evening. The staff would serve a starter, main course (local dish) and a dessert. We did not have an option for any alternative dishes.
The outdoor swimming pool is a joke – a water basin of 2 * 4 mt in the middle of the opened hallway is not an outdoor pool!
The spa and hamam facilities were also very pricy.
The positive about the Riad: (1)the staff were nice and friendly. (2) very nice sitting on the roof while enjoying the sun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Un des joyaux de la Médina à l’abri des regards...Un Palais du XVIII, où règne la magnificence des mille et une nuits … 10 chambres, Spa de 200 m2, salle de fitness : culture du bien-être. Les plaisirs de la table avec son Restaurant «gastronomie marocaine».Un moment magique avec son Jardin sur la grande terrasse.La plénitude de ses 3 patios dont un avec Piscine. Retrouvez un lieu privilégié dont le nom,"Esprit du Maroc"exprime le raffinement de sa décoration sortie tout droit d’un rêve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Riad & Spa Esprit du Maroc reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad & Spa Esprit Du Maroc Hotel Marrakech
- Riad And Spa Esprit Du Maroc
- Riad Esprit Du Maroc Marrakech