Just came from Angsana Riad Bab Firdaus.
First, the downside.
1. We booked this riad via Venere.com, and per our booking, we were supposed to stay in a suite with a kingsize and queensize bed. When we arrived we were surprised to see the our room was a regular deluxe room with one kingsize bed. The riad staff just made us stay in two separate deluxe rooms for our first night, and moved in an extra bed in one of the rooms the next day.
You should really make sure you get the room you booked for as you might get disappointed or harassed when you check in.
2. Since we were there during the height of summer, it was very hot. Although the rooms are airconditioned. the airconditioning just couldn't handle the heat. For instance, we set our aircon at 16 degrees but it could only cool down the room to 24 degrees. And the property did not have functioning electric fans
Now the good part:
1. The service provided by the staff is excellent. The "concierge" nicknamed Couscous and the bellboy Hitcham did all they can to make us feel welcome. As we didn't want to have to haggle for a cab at the airport, we decided it was best to have the hotel arrange a pick-up for us. This was easily arranged and for 170 Dirhams it was a good deal. When we arrived at the gates of the Medina from the airport, both Couscous and Hitcham were there to welcome us and and brought us to the property through a short 3 minute walk.
2. We arrived in the evening and I wanted to explore the Djemaa El-Fna, so I asked Hitcham how to get there. Instead of just showing me the way, he actually accompanied me not only to the square but even through the souqs and acted as a tour guide. Such a great unexpected service.
3. Since Angsana has five properties close to one another and the restaurant wasn't located at our riad, the staff would always accompany us to and from the restaurant.
4. Our flight out of Marrakech was in the evening but we had to check out at noon, so the the hotel gave us a "wash-up" room where we could take a shower and even sleep from 12 noon until the time we had to leave at 4 pm.
5. The hotel also recommended and excellent personal guide to take us around the major sights of the city
I would recommend this riad if only for the excellent and friendly service provided by the staff. They really go out of their way to help you. However, just make sure you actually get what you book for to avoid complications
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The name which means "gateway to heaven" conjures up a sense of magic, and you will see why when you arrive. Beautifully restored, this seven-room riad is filled with traditional artifacts, hand-woven carpets and custom-made furniture. After a day of sightseeing, indulge yourself in a luxurious massage at the Oriental Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Angsana Riads Collection Morocco - Riad Bab Firdaus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Riads Collection Morocco - Riad Bab Firdaus Hotel Marrakech