“Great bar with terrace” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Outdoor seating
London, United Kingdom
“Great bar with terrace”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2014

Found this by chance, it has a great roof top terrace and a good range of drinks. it serves food all day and has different choices for the time of day. We visited in early evening and had great burgers, which made a welcome change from all the tagines that I had previously eaten! Also hosts live music on several evenings a week. With it’s cool, laid back vibe would definitely recommend.

Visited October 2014

Bangkok, Thailand
“Things change”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2014

This place was a favourite of mine in the 90s when it first opened, when it was a very popular , bustling place with a fashionable local and forieign 'in crowd' and also local businessmen. Not so now. I hadn't been back for some years but we went for lunch today and found the atmosphere very changed. It was more than half empty and it has largley lost it's character. Its localation is very good ...in the centre of the Gueliz and it is open unil 1am, which can be useful. In fairness, the food we chose was good with a reasoable selection of wines and the service was pleasant. However, I won't be rushing back as Marrakech is full of gems.

• Visited October 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ireland
“Beer on draught, oh and food too!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend were both in need of some comfort food and change from tangines.
We went to Kechmara and weren't disappointed . We both had the indian burgers(110) which were delicious and came with home made chips.
We sat upstairs and stayed till close enjoying the chilled out tunes, great atmosphere and the drinks.
Large flag 550, corona 650.
The staff were great and we had alot of fun with Sali(pretty sure spelt that wrong) she looked after us and the table along side us for the night. Shes a real asset to the business.
Overall if your looking for a break from the madness and want to have a beer look no further.
Also for the lads, they had a big screen if theres a football match on!

• Visited September 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London
“Lovely cocktails, shame the staff ruined our trip.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2014

My family, a couple of friends and I decided to visit Kechmara for pre-dinner drinks. We sat on the lovely roof terrace, and enjoyed our cocktails very much. It was a real shame our lovely trip was ruined by a couple of the male staff as we left. My friend and I were both called "sexy blonde englishes." Needless to say, we were both terribly embarrassed, and quite frankly offended that we were subjected in such a way.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Amazing burgers and ice cold Flag Special on draught!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

We were staying around the corner so decided to visit on our last day in Marrakech for lunch, before our flight. The fish burger I ordered was the best I've ever tried, not that these are widely available, so my only comparison is with that sold by the golden arches, but anyway this was nothing like that! There were big pieces of real (not formed) fish goujons in the burger, making it quite a tall one, together with a nice tartare sauce and some salad. My wife had the Indian chicken burger which she described as "amazing!". Both were served with good lightly salted fries which were nice and hot (I hate being served cold fries). This was the only place in Morocco I could find draught beer, and it was served well - the Flag Special was served cold in a frozen, Flag Special branded beer mug, just what was needed on that 40+ Celcius Marrakech day!

• Visited August 2014