“To be lucky or to be screwed” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #101 of 577 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: International, Bar, Brasserie, Bistro
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Outdoor seating
“To be lucky or to be screwed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We ate here twice during our stay as it was à very cosy restaurant with Nice music. I ate two times the kech burger. My boyfriend the burger of the day.

The first time everything was delicious, especially the moelleux au chocolat.

The second time I ate my burger and ordered à cosmopolitan. I drank one sip of it and that's where it all started. I left my cosmo of 8 euro untouched and we hurried to our Riad. Me and my boyfriend have never been so sick before, we suffered à food poisoning from the burgers which were not well-done! I think ti's à shame, it looked as one of the fanciest restaurants in marrakech where you shouldn't be worrying About hygiene.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Kech K, Propriétaire at Kechmara, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thank you for coming to our restaurant I am sorry to hear that you have been sick on your second visit.
Our burgers are one of our speciality and our regulars favorite. I eat it myself almost every day! Our meat is fresh and delivered every day from the local butcher. Same for the rest of the ingredients.
I am sorry if we didn't cook the meat as you like but I don't think the quality of the meat is responsable. Also if you talk about instant food poisoning isn't it strange that it happened so quicky after eating that burger ?... maybe something you had in the afternoon? I hope you got better quicky.
Best
KECHMARA Owner

“Lovely setting.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Had tapas on the candlelit rooftop terrace. Perfect atmosphere and music. Food was brilliant. Service was good and prices were reasonable. Can't wait to return!

• Visited September 2013
Rochester
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Kechmara is in the 'new marrakech'. We'd had a long day walking from the old city to the new. We had a bit of trouble finding it as the road it is on continues over the cross section / junction. It closes between 3pm and 8pm - we arrived about 5pm so had a walk around and got some cold drinks elsewhere whilst we waited. We arrived again about 7.40pm and the staff we very friendly - whilst they were setting up they arranged some chairs for us to sit outside and wait. Quite a few vegetarian options (and even more if you eat in the daytime - slightly different menu for the evening) which was great, and they all sounded tempting. I had the 'Kech Salad' which was AMAZING; blue cheese, walnuts, figs, croutons, lettuce, olives, poached egg etc. Soooo tasty. My boyfriend had the fish burger which he said was really good. My son had the kids meal of cheeseburger and chips which he said was good. I had the chocolate fondant for dessert and it was easily one of the best desserts I've ever had! Super rich and sickly but if you have a sweet tooth you will be in heaven! My son had the banana split which was huge, and also pretty sickly. My boyfriend had a coffee with ice cream. We also had cocktails which were all awesome (my son had virgin cocktails which were exciting and tasty). We were given olives and cheese thins whilst we waited for the food to come out. The setting is really nice on the roof terrace, it was lovely as the sun went down and it became dark. The place did get quite busy but service remained excellent. Highly recommended. We spent about 800 dirhams (about £60) but we had two courses each, two cocktails each and a large bottle of water so pretty good value really.

Desenzano Del Garda, Italy
“Amazing location and excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We went in Kechmara for our last dinner in Morocco, tired of all the tajine and cous cous eaten during our staying.
The first "wow" is for the location. The terrace itself worths the visit, it is the very same location you would expect to find in one of the coolest European capital: cool, fashonable, modern in term of design and really cozy (the are no lights, just the candles of each table). The second "wow" is for the food. The fish burger is something memorable I think. High food quality and fitting ingredients combination, I couldn't ask for more.
A Plus for the wines carte and for cocktails (we were soooo extited about it, as in Morocco is definetly not easy to find a place you can freely drink alcool).
Prices reflect the quality and the service.
High recommended!!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Modern and DELICIOUS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

My friend and I visited Kechmara upon a recommendation and we weren't disappointed!

The restaurant itself is very modern, clean and inviting with a beautiful roof terrace. Apparently there is sometimes live music up there, though not when we visited. We sat of the terrace for our meal and it was lovely and cool, a retreat from the heat outside.

The service was excellent and the drinks were TO DIE FOR. Beautiful cocktails. We had a two course meal of Moroccan style tapas and then mains. I think it was chicken skewers and then duck with apple chutney. Both were absolutely delicious and reasonably priced.

We finished our meal with traditional mint tea which was lovely as the sun came down and they illuminated the terrace with candles.

I can't recommend Kechmara enough, I would definitely go back given the chance.

• Visited July 2013