“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Outdoor seating
Rochester
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Kechmara is in the 'new marrakech'. We'd had a long day walking from the old city to the new. We had a bit of trouble finding it as the road it is on continues over the cross section / junction. It closes between 3pm and 8pm - we arrived about 5pm so had a walk around and got some cold drinks elsewhere whilst we waited. We arrived again about 7.40pm and the staff we very friendly - whilst they were setting up they arranged some chairs for us to sit outside and wait. Quite a few vegetarian options (and even more if you eat in the daytime - slightly different menu for the evening) which was great, and they all sounded tempting. I had the 'Kech Salad' which was AMAZING; blue cheese, walnuts, figs, croutons, lettuce, olives, poached egg etc. Soooo tasty. My boyfriend had the fish burger which he said was really good. My son had the kids meal of cheeseburger and chips which he said was good. I had the chocolate fondant for dessert and it was easily one of the best desserts I've ever had! Super rich and sickly but if you have a sweet tooth you will be in heaven! My son had the banana split which was huge, and also pretty sickly. My boyfriend had a coffee with ice cream. We also had cocktails which were all awesome (my son had virgin cocktails which were exciting and tasty). We were given olives and cheese thins whilst we waited for the food to come out. The setting is really nice on the roof terrace, it was lovely as the sun went down and it became dark. The place did get quite busy but service remained excellent. Highly recommended. We spent about 800 dirhams (about £60) but we had two courses each, two cocktails each and a large bottle of water so pretty good value really.

• Visited August 2013

Desenzano Del Garda, Italy
“Amazing location and excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We went in Kechmara for our last dinner in Morocco, tired of all the tajine and cous cous eaten during our staying.
The first "wow" is for the location. The terrace itself worths the visit, it is the very same location you would expect to find in one of the coolest European capital: cool, fashonable, modern in term of design and really cozy (the are no lights, just the candles of each table). The second "wow" is for the food. The fish burger is something memorable I think. High food quality and fitting ingredients combination, I couldn't ask for more.
A Plus for the wines carte and for cocktails (we were soooo extited about it, as in Morocco is definetly not easy to find a place you can freely drink alcool).
Prices reflect the quality and the service.
High recommended!!

• Visited August 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Modern and DELICIOUS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

My friend and I visited Kechmara upon a recommendation and we weren't disappointed!

The restaurant itself is very modern, clean and inviting with a beautiful roof terrace. Apparently there is sometimes live music up there, though not when we visited. We sat of the terrace for our meal and it was lovely and cool, a retreat from the heat outside.

The service was excellent and the drinks were TO DIE FOR. Beautiful cocktails. We had a two course meal of Moroccan style tapas and then mains. I think it was chicken skewers and then duck with apple chutney. Both were absolutely delicious and reasonably priced.

We finished our meal with traditional mint tea which was lovely as the sun came down and they illuminated the terrace with candles.

I can't recommend Kechmara enough, I would definitely go back given the chance.

• Visited July 2013
chichester
“Worth it for the cocktails”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Ate there, we started with two Caipirinhas (Brazilian cocktails) these were excellent, certainly measure up against any we have had anywhere else. We had the San Diego burger and fries and the roast chicken with sauté potatoes. Both were ok, nothing outstanding though.
On a side note this was one of the few places I found that sold draught beer.
An ok meal though nothing great

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Marrakech, Morocco
“Went for a cold drink, was surprised with a great chicken sandwich.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

An excellent friend told me about Kechmara and how I should check it out. Finally I did thinking we could get a nice cold drink and get out from the Marrakech heat. It was nicely air conditioned so we were not sweating bullets.
Service took a bit to get to us, but I'm learning that just might be the Marrakech unless your in a five star hotel. Anyway got the menu and got a very nice carrot infused virgin cocktail with a splash of cinnamon. We also got a chicken sandwich that was incredible. It had eggplant, some sort of lettuce, and an incredible sauce that reminded me of the big chicken wing restaurants in the US. In the states it's called buffalo wing sauce. It was totally great and I recommend it to anyone.

• Visited June 2013