“Used to be one of my favorites...” 2 of 5 stars

Update restaurant details
Ranked #80 of 507 restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: International, Bar, Brasserie, Bistro
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Outdoor seating
Description: KECHMARA has been one of the best places for lunch of the new town but it's also a great place recommended for live music & DJs in the eveningsThe rooftop terrace is very well known from insiders for its cool and relax atmosphere for lunch (winter) and night (summer)
Marrakech, Morocco
“Used to be one of my favorites...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

When I first moved to Marrakech, Kechmarra was one of my favorites places, but over the years it has gone drastically down hill. The menu has changed numerous times, and each time the prices go up.

On my last visit I had the worst dinning experience I've ever had. I ordered a burger, and my partner ordered a Croque Monsieur. When I cut in to my burger I found that it was only seared on the outside and completely raw inside! I do not mean under cooked...I mean RAW. My partner's Croque was soggy and cold, as only 1 of the 3 pieces of bread had been toasted. When we spoke to the waiter he sort of shrugged and walked away. I had to call him back again and ask him to take my burger to the kitchen to be cooked! We were offered no apologies for this mishap. A HUGE disappointment!

If you want to check out Kechmara, the smart choice is a seat on the upstairs terrace and a round of drinks.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

82% Recommend
Florence
“Great little hip place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in for a few late night drinks and love the atmosphere, jazz and blues music playing, candles and chill staff. The drinks weren't strong at all , something of trend since I got to Morocco but the flavors were good, the lychee cocktail was my favorite. Weather permitting, the terrace looks like a good time and the food smelled great.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Hip Marrakech”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

A hip bar/restaurant in the new town with a great Asian twist to its menu. Real fires, and 70s plastic chic furniture; huge screens with an occasional and, thankfully discreet, DJ playing some 90's tunes. The service is friendly and efficient and had no qualms in tweaking the menu for the halal. My partner had the chicken burger with fries all with a taste of the Orient while I had chicken satay and rice. The wine is good, but slightly expensive. We finished with an old school banana split.
We found this late on in our holiday or else I guess we would have gone there again.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Mediterranean /French cuisine in marrakech”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

Lovely restaurant in the new Marrakech. Relax atmosphere and amazing food. I had a duck magret with spice apple chutney and i was pleasantly suprised. Would recoment to anyone as is not too expensive .

“The terrace is lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Go after dark and eat on the terrace, its lovely. Food was good but menu was maybe a bit limited. Price was ok. Don't like down stairs, some reviews say it's modern but it doesn't do it for me.