“Absolutely fabulous!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 480 Hotels in Marrakech
Barrybigones
“Absolutely fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

We have just returned from a trip to Marrakech - we stayed at the Maison MK - what a treat. The hotel was fabulous - as was the food. Comfortable, clean, relaxed and then top that with the best staff I have encountered at any hotel in quite a while. I cannot recommend it highly enough. Great location too - close to the hub but away from the noise.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

its just like the photos, every thing you could want or need, great treats in the room. afternoon tea provided. great linen, nice bathrooms, beds on the small side.
close to every thing, staff helpful, friendly and professional.
only down side is a little noise! the walls are thin.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

We stayed at Maison MK in mid-April and we had a great time. The hotel, staff and Pauline were terrific. We were so impressed with the food at breakfast and the overall service. Everyone seemed to go out of their way to help us out. We were there when the Icelandic volcano erupted and Pauline helped get us settled to stay for an extra day while waiting on finding our way home. We were so appreciative of Pauline providing us with great accommodation during our extended stay.

We would definitely stay at Maison MK again and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

My wife and I decided upon a long weekend in Marrakech as a little treat following a hectic work schedule. Having been let down all too often by European hotels, I resorted to Mr and Mrs Smith who had always served us well in the UK. There was a good selection of hotels available, however Maison MK stood out. The rooms looked fabulous, as did the roof terrace and overall decor. The location also looked central, yet in a quiet enough side street. We decided to proceed with Room 6, which looked exceptionally inviting. Within hours of booking the hotel, I received a personal email from Paul, the owner (one of those nice things you get with boutiques), checking everything was OK and that my transfers were all confirmed. I asked for help with restaurant reservations etc., and Paul referred me to his manager - Pauline. Pauline could not have been more helpful. I was only going to be in town for 3 nights, so I wanted to do as much as possible. Several emails later and Pauline had helped me organise virtually every minute I was in Marrakech. This included reservations at all the top hotels, excursions with the local guides and even VIP entry to Pacha nightclub. I am very fussy and Pauline never once seemed to tire of my constant questions and requests. One thing I really liked was that Pauline wasn't afraid to recommend against some of my ideas as they didn't seem to work in her eyes. I'd had so much communication with her at this point, I felt 100% comfortable trusting her judgment. Upon arrival at the hotel (via the immaculately presented and on-time transfer driver), we were not disappointed. Located in a quiet street, this riad instantly looked like a right choice. Pauline met us at the door herself and we instantly felt relaxed and comfortable. Following a tour of the hotel, we were shown to our room and instantly fell in love with it. The thing that struck us straight away about this hotel is the attention to detail. Every room is unique, the lighting is perfect and the ambience is spot-on. We then proceeded to enjoy an amazing weekend in Marrakech, which unsurprisingly went perfectly to plan. Whilst you're at Maison MK, you must try the Hammam (you've never been this clean) and afterwards a Mojito on the roof terrace. You'll feel like you're in heaven. I will never stay elsewhere in Marrakech and have already recommended Maison MK to numerous friends. Overall score - 100%.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Newry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2010

Beautiful bedrooms and bathrooms with many special touches which made our stay memorable and one we will want to repeat. Lovely friendly staff and good service. Very convenient location and so unbelievably quiet at night! The ambiance of the whole riad is very good, with many unique features and we felt instantly at home. Very relaxing to return to after a couple of hours exploring the Medina and souks, or after a satisfying lunch for some sun and relaxation on the lovely, spacious roof terrace. Loved the candles lit in our room each evening and the excellent iPod sound system. Definitely going back as soon as we can!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

We spent 3 nights at the wonderful Maison MK and it thoroughly lived up to all our expectations. From the warm welcome on arrival, to the delicious food ( breakfast in particular) and the very well appointed rooms, this luxurious boutique hotel in the heart of Marrakesh was a great way to begin our holiday. We stayed there with our two teenage children, who stayed in the twin room and particularly enjoyed the free internet use and laptop, as well as the ipod in their room! The staff were fantastic, especially the manager Pauline - nothing was too much trouble. She gave us great advice on restaurants and shopping and even sent someone out to buy a plaster for my daughter! The Riad is really well situated for shopping in the Souk, or walking up to the main square and is also easy to get back to in the evening if you decide to go out to dinner.I had a lovely, relaxing massage and my husband had a hamman which he really enjoyed. The hotel was full of great finishing touches, including a mobile phone in case you get lost! We will definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

My husband and I discovered MaisonMK about a year and a half ago and chose it as the place for our engagement party last year. The service and atmosphere was amazing so we decided to spend yet another meaningful celebration in MK this year, my husband´s birthday.
We just came back from Marrakesh - we were over 50 friends and family and Pauline, Paul and the team took care of us like no other hotel we know - as my husband said "the best birthday of his life".

To keep it short, MaisonMK is the best place to be in Marrakesh, stay there and you will not regret it...I am sure we will be back, not just for a weekend but for another incredible celebration! Its our home away from home.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends