“Bliss! Truly amazing hotel & staff” 5 of 5 stars

Maison MK
14 Derb Lafkih Sbaai | Quartier Ksour, Medina, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #9 of 469 Hotels in Marrakech
London
“Bliss! Truly amazing hotel & staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

I don't usually write online reviews for places I have been to/hotels I have stayed in etc but I felt compelled to write this one for our stay in Maison MK in Marrakech. I've only just got back from Morocco and wanted to write something on trip advisor just to highlight what a beautiful place it is. I always think that photos describing an event on websites are airbrushed to perfection, using soft focus lens and carefully angled cameras. Maison MK does exactly what it says on the tin - the suites and dining room area/roof terrace etc look exactly like the professional photos on their website - it is truly amazing and beautiful. A chilled out, peaceful haven in such a busy and colourful city,
We felt welcome from the moment we arrived at the hotel. In fact, I felt reassured from the moment that i first contacted the owner Paul about the availability of accommodation. He answered all my questions - the sensible ones and the strange ones about how much sun I would get each day! Even advising on which airlines flew out of London, current weather, and whether we had any food allergies/dislikes.
Pauline, the manager at Maison MK, is an absolute diamond! she answered all of our questions, helped us out with suggestions on where to go out to eat - which were spot on and perfect.
The rest of the staff there were equally friendly, helpful and real fun to converse with. We had a couple of spa treatments while we were there which were relaxing and fun & both times that we stayed to have dinner at the hotel was delicious and authentic Moroccan cooking - the tagines were amazing.

it was the little personal touches during our stay that really made it for us..the rose petals on our beds when we first arrived...the full-loaded ipod in our room to listen to while we were indoors or take about with us. The mobile phone with credits to use for when we were out - with the hotel's number on there in case we got lost exploring the souks.
The fresh pot of coffee left outside our door every morning...breakfast was served from 8am to any time after we got up - no set time for it finishing.
4pm was fresh mint tea and Moroccan cake time. Every day - there would be complimentary freshly baked Moroccan cakes and pastries and mint tea laid out for us in the court yard.
All in all - a truly amazing experience. It felt like home away from home...and if and when I make it back to Marrakech, I would definitely stay at Maison MK again and will be recommending it to everyone I know!

Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

I am a travel agent and have stayed at many hotels throughout the world. The Masion MK exceeded all of my expectations! The room was romantic, the bathroom amazing! The personal service was far beyond a five star standard. The roof top has a fantastic view for breakfast and is perfect for a drink at night before heading off for dinner. I would not stay anywhere else in Marrakech after staying at this Riad, it is perfect!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Republic of North Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

This was our second visit to the magical Maison MK. We were lucky enough to be the first visitors when it opened early in 2008 & were keen to return to see what finishing touches had been added by Paul & his team. The return visit did not disappoint & was impressive on many levels. The management & staff had honed what was an already smooth experience into a really excellent one. Our 4 day trip inadvertently allowed us to see the hotel from a different perspective. As the weather for the first couple of days was a bit hit & miss, we were based in the hotel for longer than we had anticipated. Luckily enough there were plenty of comfy nooks with books, board games & dvd's (not forgetting the cinema room with uber screen & sound system) to keep mutiny at bay amongst the restless ranks of frustrated souk shoppers. The in-house eating was fantastic & catered for all tastes (including vegetarian & you can't say that about many places in Marrakech!) We had a birthday feast in the dining room with lots of cool touches, petals on table, customised cake etc etc.....

When the sun did come out (it wasn't that long a wait) the roof area was laid back & calm. The staff were discreet but if you needed an ice cool beer it was there in double quick time. Over all, it was faultless & built on what was an already magical experience in 2008. Can't recommend it highly enough & will definitely be back. If you go, I'd recommend a massage by the Maison MK masseuse, a relatively recent addition & one of the finishing touches that made the visit utterly laid back.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

Maison Mk exceeded all my expectations. Being only a five minute walk from the souk was perfect. The rooms each have their own bathroom and are beautiful, all with air conditioning.
Pauline the manager helped with our everyneed, booking taxis, resturants and organising our every minute in the Riad. We had spa treatments which were fantastic. The in house cook was amazing, cake was served every day and the tagine was delicious.
I recommend Maison MK very highly, and I will be returning with my family in the near future.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
North Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

The hotel is in a perfect location only a short walk from the centre of the medina in Marrakech. The first thing I noticed was the contrast from the bustle and noise of the medina. The hotel is a perfect oasis of calm from the cool ground floor pool and lounging area to the rooftop terrace. The room was stylish and the bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in. Air conditioning, music and the signature orange blossom oil completed the room experience alongside rose petals on the bed, fresh flowers and fruit. The massage and hammam were an amazing experience with the therapists obviously enjoying treating the guests. The staff were always attentive and helpful. Additional touches made us feel looked after like the mobile phone preloaded with credit and all the phone numbers you could want (including the hotel in case we got lost) and the ipod in the room with enough music to keep anyone happy. I particularly enjoyed breakfast on the roof terrace. I am looking forward to returning to this haven with my partner instead of a friend next time.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2009

If you’re looking for a place of comfort, fantastic service, a relaxing environment, pampering and indulgence. Maison MK offers this in abundance.

Maison MK is centrally located in the Medina, very close to Jemaa El Fana .

The whole interior of mk reflected wonderful taste and design.

My room at mk was so beautifully furnished - attention to detail was evident everywhere - the rose petals on the bed, gorgeous bathtub, softest bed linens, wonderful toiletries, exquisite lighting, and of course there was more. Lovely personal touches like iPods and cell phones in every room.

Every morning, a coffee tray was left outside my door. Once I was dressed and ready, I headed up to the gorgeous open terrace for a delicious breakfast. – Freshly squeezed orange juice, breads, jams, homemade yogurt, eggs, coffee and tea. For a foodie a dream and the view of the Koutoubia from the roof was amazing.

Pauline and the wonderful team gave me advice about shopping in the souks, where to have lunch and places to visit.

The food at mk is excellent and it is worth enjoying at least one lunch and dinner during your stay. I had a few lunches and dinners, which were absolutely delicious. Traditional Moroccan cooking at its best.
If there’s one thing that is a must during your stay at the Riad. Then it has to be the hammam and massages. You simply can’t leave without having one or two! In fact, you may decide to spend your entire holiday in the Riad. They have a lounge area that you can spend hours reading and relaxing in or the games room where you can watch your favorite movies. They even provide popcorn!!!

The terrace became a favorite sunbathing spot and the riad has the benefit of a pool in the courtyard, which was perfect for cooling off!

It is not a place for children nor does it have disabled access but then it does not hold itself out to provide such facilities. As for its location- it is a short drive from the airport and it is a short walk to the Souk and all it offers.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Aberdeenshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

We stayed for 3 nights last October and this place was brilliant. All the staff are excellent, the food was high quality and nothing was too much trouble.

The location is very good, much better than the previous riad we had stayed in at the start of our holiday. Our room was lovely, with the duck in the bathroom provided some amusement!

Highly recommended is the massage, wonderfully relaxing with some lovely touches.

The whole ambience of Maison is spot on and we wouldn't hesitate recommended it to anyone wanting to stay in Marrakech!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple

Been to Maison MK? Share your experiences!