“Service with a smile and style” 5 of 5 stars

Maison MK
14 Derb Lafkih Sbaai | Quartier Ksour, Medina, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #10 of 465 Hotels in Marrakech
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Service with a smile and style”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Excellent service in a very stylish riad, located within the Medina of Marrakech - highly recommended! If you get chance take the half day cooking course and definitely try the tasting menu at Gastro MK which is in the riad itself.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Cleverly designed lighting that mimics flickering candles sets the terracotta walls aglow and creates a romantic atmosphere. Every guest is treated like an old friend – visitors are given mobile phones to help navigate the souks, and are welcomed back with complimentary homemade cake and mint tea. It is this incredibly personable feel that truly makes Maisonmk a home away from home. Sit out under the stars on the rooftop terrace for unrivalled panoramic views of the Atlas Mountains and the surrounding medina. Book into the restaurant early, as gastromk is one of the best places to eat in Marrakech. Starting with cocktails and canapés on the chic terrace, the set menu is a taste-bud thrill of five carefully constructed courses

Room Tip: Room 3 is a wonderfully light room with a lovely bathroom
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were super fortunate and a good friend took the whole of Maison MK for us, his friends, for a few precious days to celebrate his wife's birthday. It was very special and very brilliant . . . we effectively took over the whole hotel. And everything about it was perfect - organisation, service, ambience, food! Faultless!
Highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2014

Maison MK was a wonderful find. I wanted to ask some questions before I booked and within minutes of sending my e mail the Managers contacted me with the Owners telephone number and we had a really helpful discussion about what I was looking for and what the Riad could offer. The holiday was to celebrate my daughter's 21st birthday and I wanted to make it memorable and special. (It also had to live up to her 18th birthday celebrations which we spent at the beautiful Eastwinds Inn, St Lucia). Throughout the planning phase the Owners and Managers were more than happy to answer any questions and nudge me politely in the right direction (they have amazing, first hand local knowledge and have personally tried and tested many restaurants). It really was a tailor made experience. We were greeted at the airport, whisked in style to the medina and then walked the short distance to Maison MK. After enjoying complimentary cold drinks, we were given a guided tour of the Riad and shown our room. It was amazing, light, spacious, with a really high ceiling, stylish, spotlessly clean and offering everything we could need from fresh fruit, to water, snacks and drinks, toiletries, more towels than you could ever need, fluffy bathrobes, lots of comfortable seating and cushions, an ipod and even a mobile telephone to use in case we got lost! There were rose petals, scented candles and oils in the bedroom and bathroom and little gifts of sweets left on our pillows. The communal areas are also perfect 'chill zones'. (It is difficult to decide where to flop and relax because there are so many options!). The ground floor has a plunge pool and some very cosy rooms with lots of comfortable seating and cushions, where you can curl up and read a book. The top floor has wonderful views and again has lots of comfortable seating and sunbeds, lots of big towels and sun hats and best of all cosy robes for when it gets cooler in the evenings. Although the Riad is in the medina, it is so quiet and peaceful (apart of course from the calls to prayer). Because the communal areas are so stylish and comfortable guests seem to mingle with ease and everyone is very relaxed. I think that the Owners advertise it as barefoot luxury and I would probably add to that, relaxed house party atmosphere (although I was also barefoot for most of my stay!) The subtle lighting used throughout the Riad when darkness falls is stunning. (My daughter suggested that it was the perfect, romantic setting for a marriage proposal).
All the staff are polite, charming and greet you personally. They are extremely helpful. They are relaxed and willing to take the time to talk or joke but at the same time professional. There are a lot of staff (every part of the Riad is kept immaculately clean and tidy and smells wonderful) but they are unobtrusive, so that although they are always there when you want something, you don't notice that they are there the rest of the time. What is also good is that if they don't know the answer to your question they will tell you that and then come back with an answer or an alternative a little later. They really could not be more helpful. Coffee or tea arrives outside one’s bedroom door each morning followed by a delicious breakfast which is prepared just for you and served at any time. Complimentary tea and cake is served in the afternoon and drinks and nibbles are offered in the early evening. The bar staff make delicious margaritas and mojitos and the wine selection is also excellent. The Riad also has a fantastic spa and a first class restaurant. The excursions arranged by the Riad were exactly as described and the Riad is less than a hop, skip and a jump from the main square. My daughter was pampered and treated like a princess from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. She enjoyed a rose petal bath, a massage, hammam, manicure and pedicure, special meals and a birthday plate. She enjoyed every minute of our stay. It was exactly what I wanted for her. I should also mention that the Owners take a genuine interest in the environment and the well being of the local people, even suggesting that if we had room in our suitcases we may like to take old jumpers and crayons etc to give away during our day trip to the mountains.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1, the Master suite which was amazing.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014 via mobile

We gere taken care of from the moment we were picked up from the airport until the moment we left -
Hanane and all the staff were friendly and welcoming, everyone always had a smile and a moment to say hello, no request was too much trouble, whether it was making restaurant reservations, call (and negociate the price...) a táxi, helping us to organize our days out
The Restaurant is amazing, the roof terrace is a special place, the breakfast is delicious (and with no time limit...), and room number 3, where we stay is really nice and spacious
We look to going hack one day!

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2014 via mobile

We read the reviews and booked to eat here on our last night in Marrakech. We also visted the spa on the first day of our holiday which was absolutely amazing- cannot recommend enough.

The evening meal was spectacular. We were treated like royalty from the moment we arrived. We were also given the private dining room, we think because we visited the spa earlier that week.

Each course was delicious and the service was impeccable. The chef also spoke to each table at the end of the meal and went through each course, which was a lovely touch.

We couldn't recommended this restaurant enough-the private dining room was beautiful as was the food and fantastic service.

Thank you for a fabulous evening.

• Stayed June 2014
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2014

I was a bit nervous traveling to Marrakech alone with my 12 year old son. I was on TripAdvisor for weeks trying to figure out the best place to stay and couldn't make a decision. After reading about Maison MK I finally booked and within minutes of arriving at Maison, I knew I'd made the right decision. Hanane, the manager runs this beautiful Riad in such a professional and caring manner. While the entire staff was simply perfect, I want to send a special shout-out to the morning staff of Fouzy (sp?) and Mohammad, who made our stay extra special. Fresh, strong coffee waiting outside our door early in the morning, followed by the BEST BREAKFAST ever on the roof garden. Honestly, the food alone makes this Riad 5 star. My son, who is very picky, said that the breakfast was the best he's ever had...and I can't argue with him...the homemade yogurt and Moroccan pancakes were the highlight. The other meals at Maison were also the best (by far) we had in Marrakech. We even took a cooking class (and visit to the market) with the amazing chef, Omar. I strongly recommend this great experience!

I had heard horror stories about Riad locations in the Medina, but Maison is in the perfect location. It's less than a 5 minute walk to the taxi drop off and 5 minutes to the Souks. It is easy to find your way back to the Riad, even at night. We stayed in room 5, which was cozy and comfy. The sheets were soft, the bed was great, the tub was big, and the shower had good pressure. The room didn't have any real windows, but that was not a problem for us, since it helped us sleep well (we weren't woken up by calls to prayer) and whenever we wanted sunshine, we just left out room and went to the courtyard or roof.

I can go on and on about Maison, but let's just say that I cannot imagine anyone coming to this Riad and being disappointed in anyway. Staff, rooms and food all simply perfect. I will certainly return.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 5 which was very quiet. We looked at some other rooms and all looked beautiful. R...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Been to Maison MK? Share your experiences!