“Rather Splendid!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 460 Hotels in Marrakech
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Rather Splendid!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Marrakech is a magical place and our stay was enhanced by this wonderful riad. From the comprehensive early correspondence making sure that our booking and travel requirements were met to the last day when we were given a lovely farewell the whole experience was excellent.

1. The welcome and reception was wonderful. Collected from the car and ushered through the narrow winding roads to the unassuming entrance. Met with a cold drink and a calm oasis in the reception and waiting area. We were informed about the hotel facilities and taken on a guided tour of the riad by the first of a delightful team who are obviously proud of the riad and the facilities
2. Our room was one of the smaller ones but still had all the amenities we needed. The bed was fabulous - comfortable with great linen and pillows. The bathroom was sizeable with lovely products and ample hot water. The addition of a mini bar, ipod with preloaded music, mobile phone and air con made for a great stay and a perfect refuge to escape the sun and madness of the souks.
3. The roof terrace was spectacular and we spent loads of time here for drinks (fabulous G&T's and great local wine). The service was impeccable as always and the service buzzer meant we never waited too long in quiet time. Breakfast was also served on the terrace and unlike other hotels served when you want it - at any time. Alternating between local and international meant there was loads of variety and eggs always made to order - we had perfect soft boiled eggs every time....and the orange juice was freshly squeezed and quite delicious.
4. The staff were amazing - friendly, proud of what they do, happy to go the extra mile (like taking a personal trip to buy us bubble wrap and packing material to package all the gifts we bought), everyone from the kitchen team, the cleaners and waiters - all were wonderful.
5. The few small quibbles we had were swiftly dealt with and we received a follow up on some thoughts we had regarding the wifi in the room.
6. We took advantage of two packages on offer via Maison MK - the Atlas mountain trip - spectacular and well organised - the other was the Cookery Course which I HIGHLY recommend. Great fun, learnt new skills, visited the old bakery which was a amazing and took a shopping trip through the souks - what a great experience! Thanks to Omar and his team!
7. Finally the location is perfect - close to the souks and within walking distance of everywhere (once you get used to being a little lost)

Overall an excellent stay- we will be back - both to wonderful Marrakech and Maison MK.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Melbournr
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

We spent 3 days here as a break from our grand Portugal tour. From the moment we landed and were collected from the airport and escorted to the door of Maison MK, we knew we had made a great choice of accommodation in Marrakech.
We were checked on by the lovely Hanane in the nice cool lounge in the riad and had everything explained on detail including bookings they had made for us during our stay at the spa MK and Gastro MK.
The big wow moment came for us when we entered our room, it was just amazing. We had a rose bath drawn and a bottle of bubbles to go with it, just a beautiful touch.
We were also impressed with the rooftop view over Marrakech from the bar. Great place to watch the sun dip into the Atlas Mountains.
The Gastro MK was an amazing meal with people coming from all over the medina to sample the exquisite food that is presented in a beautiful setting. Hanane has organized for my wife to have a special meal as she has allergies to some foods and this was done without any concerns at all, not something you often get in a 5 star restaurant. Our last day we did the East meets West spa treatment (highly recommend) and virtually floated to the airport for our flight back to Portugal.
A big Thankyou to Hanane and the rest of the Mison MK staff for an absolutely brilliant stay on Marrakech, and yes we will be back!

• Stayed June 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I stayed two nights in April with my girlfriend, then moved to a more rustic place in the Atlas mountains for two nights. We have just returned from another mini break away and we realize now that nothing anywhere will measure up to MAISON MK! We thought it rather expensive when we booked, but it wasn't until afterwards that we saw the true value of everything there.
It had all the little touches that we took for granted, plus lots more that were nice little surprises (perfect morning coffee by our door, phone to carry around with us, great mood music, ice lollies while sunbathing, fresh warm cake in the afternoon). The staff are super friendly and genuinely would go out of their way to make sure we had everything. They gave tons of advice and made everything super easy.
It seems you get what you pay for, and its worth every penny.

Room Tip: Room 6 has no bath, but we liked the size and shape of the room. The bed is very wide and extremely...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I stayed for 4 days in April. I needed a break, somewhere to lay my head down for a while and allow myself to be well looked after. I chose this maison after much investigation and liaison with them about my trip. The help I got with planning meant I could relax fully when I got there, knowing it was all mapped out. It was an easy place to be and I felt safe, and thoroughly spoiled.
It has a very relaxed but professional atmosphere, everything you could possibly need but not all in the usual ‘wrapped up in plastic’ hotel way.
It is near lots of interesting little shops and a fixed price market where I got everything required to take back home. After that I just wandered the near-by souks for the pleasure of it, and without the hassle of having to buy anything else.
The food in the maison MK is superb, and the cooking course is a must. The spa is well priced and the hamam inside it is a nourishing and interesting experience. When I went out in the evening they got me a taxi that I could call to arrange my own pick-up. I felt in control, and well looked after at the same time.

Room Tip: Room tip: I think they are all very similar but Room 4 had some beautiful art and lots of lovely lig...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Wow where do I start? Morocco is an incredible place, We were staying in a all inclusive resort but wanted a night in a Riad and I am so glad we booked Maison MK for a night.The staff were brilliant nothing was to much trouble, every one there just made you feel comfortable and part of the family from arriving to checking out. We stayed in room 2 it was amazing as you can see from my photos you even get a I pod loaded with music and a mobile phone just in case you get lost in the Medina.The food was also 5 star, we eat in Michelin Star Restaurants and we could not fault this food its a real fusion of Morocco meets Gastro I have left a separate review for Gastro Mk. The roof terrace is a great space for relaxing with a book or enjoying the spectacular view of Marrakesh at night with a glass of wine from the roof top bar. If your looking for luxurious surroundings and good food in the center of Marrakesh then book in at the MK we are already planning our next stay.
(One last massive thank you to Aoibheann and all the staff :)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
aix-en-provence
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I was overwhelmed looking for a place to stay in Marrakech. So many choices! I am so lucky to have stayed at the Maison MK! A beautiful, friendly oasis in the medina! The location is superb. Steps away from all the shopping and restaurants but quiet and calm once you are in the door. Each day I would return after some adventures, ring the bell, and whoever opened the door greeted me with a huge smile. The entire staff feels like they are a family. They are warm and friendly but perfectly balanced with discreet professionalism. Hanane (the manager) was incredibly helpful in planning my excursions and tours. I enjoyed the spa twice! Hammam followed by a massage and also manicure and pedicure! I live in France, where I find you overpay for average service with grumpy people. Spa Maison MK is small but excellent service and great prices. I also took a cooking class. Chef Omar was professional and fun and when I returned to France I cooked one of the moroccan salads I learned to make, to rave reviews! Go hungry the restaurant at Maison MK is incredible too! I just can't say enough wonderful things about it except thank you to everyone there!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Its a first to write on Tripadvisor, but my wife assures me you will be interested to read this.
What can I say?
I gave my requirements. An easy life? A perfect holiday?
Lets start with good food, no nonsense straight talking luxury, high quality goods, easy access, flexibility, sincere service with a smile.
The biggest requirement - a good concierge and everything my wife needs and wants to keep her happy and pampered.
The answer - without hesitation - Maison MK.
Job Done.
Enjoy.
JMD

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Maison MK? Share your experiences!