Marrakech is a magical place and our stay was enhanced by this wonderful riad. From the comprehensive early correspondence making sure that our booking and travel requirements were met to the last day when we were given a lovely farewell the whole experience was excellent.
1. The welcome and reception was wonderful. Collected from the car and ushered through the narrow winding roads to the unassuming entrance. Met with a cold drink and a calm oasis in the reception and waiting area. We were informed about the hotel facilities and taken on a guided tour of the riad by the first of a delightful team who are obviously proud of the riad and the facilities
2. Our room was one of the smaller ones but still had all the amenities we needed. The bed was fabulous - comfortable with great linen and pillows. The bathroom was sizeable with lovely products and ample hot water. The addition of a mini bar, ipod with preloaded music, mobile phone and air con made for a great stay and a perfect refuge to escape the sun and madness of the souks.
3. The roof terrace was spectacular and we spent loads of time here for drinks (fabulous G&T's and great local wine). The service was impeccable as always and the service buzzer meant we never waited too long in quiet time. Breakfast was also served on the terrace and unlike other hotels served when you want it - at any time. Alternating between local and international meant there was loads of variety and eggs always made to order - we had perfect soft boiled eggs every time....and the orange juice was freshly squeezed and quite delicious.
4. The staff were amazing - friendly, proud of what they do, happy to go the extra mile (like taking a personal trip to buy us bubble wrap and packing material to package all the gifts we bought), everyone from the kitchen team, the cleaners and waiters - all were wonderful.
5. The few small quibbles we had were swiftly dealt with and we received a follow up on some thoughts we had regarding the wifi in the room.
6. We took advantage of two packages on offer via Maison MK - the Atlas mountain trip - spectacular and well organised - the other was the Cookery Course which I HIGHLY recommend. Great fun, learnt new skills, visited the old bakery which was a amazing and took a shopping trip through the souks - what a great experience! Thanks to Omar and his team!
7. Finally the location is perfect - close to the souks and within walking distance of everywhere (once you get used to being a little lost)
Overall an excellent stay- we will be back - both to wonderful Marrakech and Maison MK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maison MK is a cool, romantic, sophisticated house right in the middle of the Marrakech medina. Everything in the riad is curved and organic. Our six beautiful rooms are creative, rich, romantic, decadent and totally indulgent! Brand new in Jan 2008, we have wow-factor suites, spa loveliness, stunning lighting, and cutting edge design. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Maison MK reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maison Mk Marrakech
- Maison Mk Hotel Marrakech