“Worth It” 5 of 5 stars

14 Derb Lafkih Sbaai | Quartier Ksour, Medina, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #10 of 465 Hotels in Marrakech
“Worth It”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I stayed two nights in April with my girlfriend, then moved to a more rustic place in the Atlas mountains for two nights. We have just returned from another mini break away and we realize now that nothing anywhere will measure up to MAISON MK! We thought it rather expensive when we booked, but it wasn't until afterwards that we saw the true value of everything there.
It had all the little touches that we took for granted, plus lots more that were nice little surprises (perfect morning coffee by our door, phone to carry around with us, great mood music, ice lollies while sunbathing, fresh warm cake in the afternoon). The staff are super friendly and genuinely would go out of their way to make sure we had everything. They gave tons of advice and made everything super easy.
It seems you get what you pay for, and its worth every penny.

Room Tip: Room 6 has no bath, but we liked the size and shape of the room. The bed is very wide and extremely...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I stayed for 4 days in April. I needed a break, somewhere to lay my head down for a while and allow myself to be well looked after. I chose this maison after much investigation and liaison with them about my trip. The help I got with planning meant I could relax fully when I got there, knowing it was all mapped out. It was an easy place to be and I felt safe, and thoroughly spoiled.
It has a very relaxed but professional atmosphere, everything you could possibly need but not all in the usual ‘wrapped up in plastic’ hotel way.
It is near lots of interesting little shops and a fixed price market where I got everything required to take back home. After that I just wandered the near-by souks for the pleasure of it, and without the hassle of having to buy anything else.
The food in the maison MK is superb, and the cooking course is a must. The spa is well priced and the hamam inside it is a nourishing and interesting experience. When I went out in the evening they got me a taxi that I could call to arrange my own pick-up. I felt in control, and well looked after at the same time.

Room Tip: Room tip: I think they are all very similar but Room 4 had some beautiful art and lots of lovely lig...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Wow where do I start? Morocco is an incredible place, We were staying in a all inclusive resort but wanted a night in a Riad and I am so glad we booked Maison MK for a night.The staff were brilliant nothing was to much trouble, every one there just made you feel comfortable and part of the family from arriving to checking out. We stayed in room 2 it was amazing as you can see from my photos you even get a I pod loaded with music and a mobile phone just in case you get lost in the Medina.The food was also 5 star, we eat in Michelin Star Restaurants and we could not fault this food its a real fusion of Morocco meets Gastro I have left a separate review for Gastro Mk. The roof terrace is a great space for relaxing with a book or enjoying the spectacular view of Marrakesh at night with a glass of wine from the roof top bar. If your looking for luxurious surroundings and good food in the center of Marrakesh then book in at the MK we are already planning our next stay.
(One last massive thank you to Aoibheann and all the staff :)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
aix-en-provence
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I was overwhelmed looking for a place to stay in Marrakech. So many choices! I am so lucky to have stayed at the Maison MK! A beautiful, friendly oasis in the medina! The location is superb. Steps away from all the shopping and restaurants but quiet and calm once you are in the door. Each day I would return after some adventures, ring the bell, and whoever opened the door greeted me with a huge smile. The entire staff feels like they are a family. They are warm and friendly but perfectly balanced with discreet professionalism. Hanane (the manager) was incredibly helpful in planning my excursions and tours. I enjoyed the spa twice! Hammam followed by a massage and also manicure and pedicure! I live in France, where I find you overpay for average service with grumpy people. Spa Maison MK is small but excellent service and great prices. I also took a cooking class. Chef Omar was professional and fun and when I returned to France I cooked one of the moroccan salads I learned to make, to rave reviews! Go hungry the restaurant at Maison MK is incredible too! I just can't say enough wonderful things about it except thank you to everyone there!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Its a first to write on Tripadvisor, but my wife assures me you will be interested to read this.
What can I say?
I gave my requirements. An easy life? A perfect holiday?
Lets start with good food, no nonsense straight talking luxury, high quality goods, easy access, flexibility, sincere service with a smile.
The biggest requirement - a good concierge and everything my wife needs and wants to keep her happy and pampered.
The answer - without hesitation - Maison MK.
Job Done.
Enjoy.
JMD

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Salisbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

As an experienced reviewer (not so true, this is my second one ever) I have been meaning to review maison mk since last year when we visited. An amazing place - it does all the right things to be a 5 star boutique hotel. It looks amazing & there are so many little things that show great attention to detail. The staff are discreet & professional, yet also manage to be friendly & relaxed - it makes it feel so relaxed here. It was our first visit to Marrakech & the city was a little full-on, but it made the calm of maison mk that much more incredible.
Will definitely come back here one day.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I came here with my boyfriend as a present after completing university. I had a wonderful 4 days at Maison MK. After the stress and anxiety of my studies this was the perfect place to relax and unwind. The calming music and tasteful decor made it a tranquil and stylish environment. The location was great- only 5 minute walk from the centre of the Medina, therefore we were able to experience the hustle and bustle of the souks and return quickly and easily to the Riad.

The staff are all lovely and always helpful and polite- the coffee/tea outside the room every morning was a lovely touch. I'll especially miss waking up to breakfast on the roof terrace in the sunshine.

The attention to detail and personal touch are what make Maison MK a wonderful place to stay. I'd recommend it to any of my friends.

Room Tip: Room 5 was like our own Aladdin's cave- very beautiful and tranquil (the candlelit bath was amaz...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Maison MK? Share your experiences!