“Great stay fabulous place” 5 of 5 stars

Maison MK
14 Derb Lafkih Sbaai | Quartier Ksour, Medina, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #11 of 461 Hotels in Marrakech
Camberley, United Kingdom
“Great stay fabulous place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

This riad is truly amazing. The ambience and decor are excellent but what really makes your stay so special is the fabulous staff and attention to detail. If you get chance dine in the restaurant and have the 5 course tater menu, the chef is a genius. The spa is wonderful and the choice of treatments many and varied. The decor in the rooms is splendid and the individuality totally luxurious.
I would recommend this place to anybody and everybody.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a big bath, the rose petal baths are wonderful.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We just had a wonderful stay in Maison MK. The rooms were simply amazing... very relaxing. A real treat. Beautiful hotel with a perfect location. Nothing is too much here. They even provide you with a Moroccan mobile phone to use to call the hotel to come and find you if you get lost in the windy alleyways. Drinks and breakfast on the rooftop were everything you want from your stay in Marrakech. Really recommend this place - we would definitely return!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

It is not easy to find a city break with something for a 12 year old daughter, 22 year old son (and his girlfriend), and their holiday control freak mum (me) - I searched for ages on the internet, all the riads in Marrakech that I had previously stayed at being full, and stumbled upon Maison MK.
It felt like a bit of a compromise - no swimming pool, just a plunge pool, and would they really make my 12 year old feel welcome given that they don't accept kids under 12? I held my breath....BUT - what a joy, and what a great find. From the moment we walked through the door, we relaxed - all the usuals - beautiful rooms, great location - but what made it really special, was the little touches and the staff. Mobile phones pre loaded with numbers and credit, i pods, rose petals, drinks left outside your door in the morning, a bath you could swim in, the most divine rooftop terraces, I could go on and on - nothing was too much trouble, the brilliant staff seemed to anticipate our every need - escorted us to taxis (untold hassle for me in the past in Marrakech), and most of all, made us feel like very esteemed family. We took the cooking class - completely brilliant - lovely little spa - where we were pampered - and in the 34 degree heat, we did indeed plunge in the plunge pool! The best food that we ate was at the Maison MK - the tasting menu was divine, and had something for everyone (even the 12 year old - can you believe it?) - a must visit, whether you are lucky enough to stay at the riad or not. I can honestly say, that I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Marrakech, my kids - of all ages- feel the same, and I am trying to think of an event where I can manage to hire all 6 rooms......Bravo Maison MK - we look forward to seeing you again!

Room Tip: The rooms are stylish and quiet - and quite dark - not a bad thing in the heat - we didn't stay...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We loved Maison MK. Everything was absolutely perfect - lovely rooms, brilliant staff, great food and a really good location right in the medina. We were incredibly well looked after and give this place our highest recommendation.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

This was a serious shopping trip and a well needed sunny mini break so it had to be as productive as possible. For my third trip to Marrakech I knew what I needed in order to make it a great stay. I wanted somewhere luxurious with good food, somewhere that felt very safe. Location was important, I wanted somewhere that was quick to get to from the airport, easy to get into the souks, easy to get out to the bigger shops and warehouses, and somewhere with lots of English speaking help if I needed it!

The Maison MK has all this, and in addition it was an added bonus to be able to quickly and easily get to the main Jma Fna square at night which should not be missed. It is also simply amazing in its design. I found it to be totally original, and very inspiring. It has a contemporary, colourful look to match the sunny climate and the local spices. The shapes and design of the spaces make it very warm, cosy, and authentic.
Undoubtedly what also set Maison MK apart for me was that it was English owned and by booking directly by phone in the UK I was able to have a long conversation and lots of advice before we even set off. The owner has written her own personal notes on her favourite places to eat and shop, so you do feel you have up to date, inside knowledge from the start. The icing on the cake then are the little touches all over, the personal ipod and phone, the wifi and ipad to use, and last but by no means least, the staff . They were all utterly delightful, and couldn’t do enough to please us throughout our stay. We were extremely well looked after and will be back.

Room Tip: I wouldn’t want to sway you in any way as we loved everything about our room. However if you particu...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Northchapel, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed at Maison MK at the end of March 2014 and were just blown away by the level of luxury, service, attention to detail, decor and the warmth from a truly amazing team. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and everything was delivered with a smile. Our room was breathtakingly beautiful and to arrive after a long journey to be faced with rose petals scattered on the bed, soft music playing plus a much needed G&T, couldn't be bettered! Breakfasts and pre dinner drinks on the roof top terrace just transports you away from the hustle and bustle of the medina into a world of peace, calm and tranquility. Every inch of the riad has been decorated to such a high standard that we came away wishing we could transport it all back and make our own Maison MK in West Sussex. A major must is booking a treatment in Spa MK which is situated within the Riad and booking dinner at Gastro MK, which will just just send your taste buds into overdrive. Maison MK is a real life luxury oasis and every traveller heading to Marrakech would be crazy to not stay.

Room Tip: Every room is exquisite (I had a sneaky look)
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Arundel, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I was lucky enough to be taken here for my 60th birthday by my three amazing children. Everything was perfect - like staying with a family who took great care of all our needs - luxury from start to finish.

We were so excited having seen pictures on the website but it was truly wonderful to walk through the entrance into the reality of an authentic Moroccan riad with all the modern luxuries stylishly incorporated into the design and comfort of the bedrooms.

A routine quickly developed! Delicious freshly prepared breakfasts on the roof terrace gazing at the snow-capped Atlas mountains followed by lazing in the sunshine..... a stroll round the sights and sounds of the Medina.... a drink at sunset on the roof terrace.... dinner in the restaurant ( the best tagines ever! ). Expert advice from the staff on Marrakech too!

We all loved Maison MK - the perfect place to experience Marrakech in comfort and luxury knowing you were being completely taken care of.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Maison MK? Share your experiences!