“It's one to return too” 5 of 5 stars

Maison MK
14 Derb Lafkih Sbaai | Quartier Ksour, Medina, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #10 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
Marrakech, Morocco
“It's one to return too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

It's very rare for me to want to return to hotels, even when they are as good as they get, as I much prefer to keep moving on. However for Maison MK I am ready to go back at my first opportunity. I felt so very relaxed there. The accommodation is fantastic but its the staff that make the real difference between a great stay and one that is exceptional. Top marks.

555 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

For a top class stay in the ancient Medina of Marakesh you can't beat the Maison MK
Breakfast and lunch are served on the rooftop garden with stunning views over Marakesh.
The old building has been tastefully restored to provide every modern convenience. The staff are friendly and think of your every need including providing you with a mobile phone,so they can come and find you if you get lost in the Souk.There is a varied and delicious menu for dinner and the rooms are all air conditioned combining traditional elegance with modern electronics

San Rafael, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband and I were thrilled when we checked into the hotel and it was exactly as wonderful as the reviews that we had read about it. The staff was extremely accommodating and nice. The rooms were exceptionally clean and had very good design and hip modern Moroccan features. It's steps away from the main square and all of the souks/shopping. They have an extremely extensive welcome guide that tells you all about everything that you would need to know about staying in Marrakech, dining out, day excursions, and general local information. I really could not speak more highly of the staff that they have. Every single thing that my husband and I needed they accommodated and they took very good care of us. they help schedule our day excursions and our reservations for our dinner. They also called one of the restaurants across town when we forgot a beautiful bowl that we purchased on one of the chairs and they had the bowl delivered to the hotel so we did not have to pay for a cab again to go back and get it. On our last day my husband got a stomach bug and they even brought special herbal tea up to our room that they felt might help and they gave us an extra bag of the thyme they used in the tea so he could use it again...although Imodium worked much better...but it was the thought that counted ! The hotel feels very safe and they have the front door locked at all times but there is someone there to open it at any time when you ring the buzzer. It was a lovely experience and much nicer than most of the places we saw in the 6 days we stayed.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This experience was first class. Very helpful staff to the amazing space created by the owners in keeping with tradition yet all the needs of the modern traveller catered for. Fantastic roof top eating drinking relaxing area makes this even more special, take in Morocco from the rooftop and the sights and sounds will be with you always. Perfect location to explore the Medina, the staff on hand to assist you with directions etc etc. The MK comes high on my places I have been around the world as truly exceptional. This is only the 3 rd time ive ever taken the time out to write a review." Class"

James

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

My thanks has to be noted for this wonderful five star hotel in Marrakech.
I have to admit I didn’t find it on my own, it was so highly recommended to me by colleagues and friends that I just booked it.
That was also a straight forward process with the owners in England, and from then on, and without any stress or effort even, I just seemed to find myself taken care of.
My trip was part business and part rest. Maison MK gave me just the peace and quiet I needed at the end of a working day. It had the delicate, unobtrusive high quality kind of service that I like. Everything I needed from wifi everywhere, food and drinks anywhere, anytime, and a comfortable feeling as if you were at home. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept on, and the bathrooms simply indulgent with a deep bath and wonderful pressure of hot water for the morning shower. The atmosphere feels professional, secure, chic and relaxed all rolled into one. I imagine you could go about in your dressing gown all day if you liked and no-one would notice. Nothing was too much trouble, in fact they seemed to have thought of all my requests in advance and the trip ran extremely smoothly.

Access was also particularly easy , quick and easy pickup at the airport in a nice large car with and English speaking driver, 10mins transfer at most to the hotel. MK is very close to the city gate ( the gate into the old walled city , the medina) so getting a taxi each day was quick and easy. Cashpoint was nearby, and a handy artisan shopping centre where I managed to do some holiday shopping without the hassle of having to haggle. A quick nip into the square was in order and even that was easy to do in the evening between a nice cocktail at the roof bar and dinner later.

I don’t do reviews normally but it has been on my mind to do this to say thank-you to Maison MK, I travel extensively for my work and never have I felt so easily comfortable and well looked after.

I didn’t get a chance to use all the very long list of spa treatments, or foodie delights that seemed to be on menus everywhere– after all I was meant to be working. I do hope to return one day on a full time leisure trip if I get the chance.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 4 nights at the beginning of July. From start to finish it was absolutely perfect. We were picked up at at the airport and met at the other end. Entering Maison MK is like entering an oasis in comparasion to the hot and dusty Marrakech streets. The riad is in the perfect location to go out and explore, you can be in the square or the souks in minutes, finding new little short cuts every time. Its also close enough to a main road for taxis. It is such a nice feeling when the door of MK Maison is opened for you after hours of exploring the streets and getting lost, to walk back in and instantly feel the riad's calmness and tranquility. It is perfect to cool down and chill out. There are various seating areas with interesting books and games. I even watched the wimbeldon final in the cinema room!The breakfasts were delicious and the room was amazing, so cool and calming. It even smelt lovely! Our room had a shower instead of a bath, I am so glad we had a shower. We spent time on the sun terrace, although it was so hot when we were there. There is a lovely plunge pool at the bottom of the riad, my only wish was that there could somehow be a pool on the top. There was a shower though if you wanted to cool off without going up and down the stairs. We both had spa treatments, which were great, particularly then hamman which was a very different but enjoyable experience! The restuarant was also amazing, we ate there on our firsat night and were lucky enough to sit in the private area so could really lay out on the sofas.

No request was too much trouble for the team and they were great at making recommendations, giving directions and assisting with anything they could. I would definately highly recommend and would love to return in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

After booking the restaurant I decided to go all out and book a room for the night, so so glad I did. From the very first email enquiry Hanane was absolutely brilliant. Emails were replied to almost immediately with clear, detailed information. Complimentary taxi was sent to collect us from the hotel we were staying at and we were met at the the taxi drop off by a member of the team which was totally unexpected but much appreciated. On arrival we were given a glass of delicious orange juice & Hanane seemed genuinely interested in details about us and our trip. After our drink we were given a tour of this stunning riad before being shown to our breathtaking room. Attention to detail is evident throughout the whole place and you can see Hananes eyes darting about constantly ensuring that everything is perfect (which it is). Waiting staff are amazing and I'm sorry I don't remember their names but each and every one of them were brilliant. Lovely breakfast on the terrace in the morning and fabulous freshly baked cake and mint tea in the afternoon. Late checkout wasn't a problem, in fact nothing was a problem and I think the owners have struck gold with their choice of management & staff, absolutely faultless. Exceptional location, exceptional decor, exceptional staff, exceptional food and exeptional service. Many thanks for some wonderful memories.

Room Tip: We were in room 4 which was absolutely beautiful, spotlessly clean and smelt gorgeous as did the who...