“Start to finish fabulous” 5 of 5 stars

You added Maison MK to your Saves list
Maison MK
14 Derb Lafkih Sbaai | Quartier Ksour, Medina, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #9 of 467 Hotels in Marrakech
“Start to finish fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

After booking the restaurant I decided to go all out and book a room for the night, so so glad I did. From the very first email enquiry Hanane was absolutely brilliant. Emails were replied to almost immediately with clear, detailed information. Complimentary taxi was sent to collect us from the hotel we were staying at and we were met at the the taxi drop off by a member of the team which was totally unexpected but much appreciated. On arrival we were given a glass of delicious orange juice & Hanane seemed genuinely interested in details about us and our trip. After our drink we were given a tour of this stunning riad before being shown to our breathtaking room. Attention to detail is evident throughout the whole place and you can see Hananes eyes darting about constantly ensuring that everything is perfect (which it is). Waiting staff are amazing and I'm sorry I don't remember their names but each and every one of them were brilliant. Lovely breakfast on the terrace in the morning and fabulous freshly baked cake and mint tea in the afternoon. Late checkout wasn't a problem, in fact nothing was a problem and I think the owners have struck gold with their choice of management & staff, absolutely faultless. Exceptional location, exceptional decor, exceptional staff, exceptional food and exeptional service. Many thanks for some wonderful memories.

Room Tip: We were in room 4 which was absolutely beautiful, spotlessly clean and smelt gorgeous as did the who...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We had booked a cooking class and a spa east & west package..
The cooking class was amazing the chef was lovely, we cooked Moroccan tagine, salads and cous cous and fresh bread which we took to a communal oven in the souk.. We then enjoyed our meal on the roof. After a relaxing lunch we went for the spa treatments and both were again amazing.
What makes this place good is the staff, all of them where at hand when we needed anything throughout the day..

2 days later unfortunately my cousin was mugged in the main square and her phone and some money was taken, the hotel we stayed at did not really help us when we asked for advice on what to do or how to report this.. I went ahead and emailed Hanane at Maison MK she almost immediately called me and said to come to Maison MK and she had arranged for a member of staff to accompany us to the police station to make
a report. This was service which I personally have never received and I will always be grateful to Hanane and Maison MK for the kindness and helpfulness we received from them.. We ended up spending a 2nd day at Maison MK having another amazing lunch and another spa treat.
I would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Marrakech weather it's for a day or for a weekend.
I would like to thank everyone at Maison MK for your kindness, helpfulness and most of for welcoming us.

Sonal and Sonia - London

• Stayed September 2013
paul_at_maisonMK, Owner at Maison MK, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thanks Sonal for such a lovely review. Thankfully, street crime in Marrakech is very rare, but when it happens it can be a real shock & visitors will always need help to be provided. Despite your own hotel being unable / unwilling to help, it made me so happy to see the maison mk staff jump in to help you. It is what we would have done ourselves, as owners, but its always so lovely to see Hanane & the team (especially the ever-helpful Simo) come to the rescue in the same manner.
I am glad that we were able to help a little to remedy your troubles & hope that the positive actions help a little to scrub out any negative thoughts do to the petty criminal that thought it was a good idea to take your cousin's phone & money.
Simo & Hanane - Thankyou, 10 out of 10 & a gold star ;-)

Paul (owner)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We chose to stay here in November 2012 after a personal recommendation. It was absolutely beautiful, and even more lovely than the pictures on the web-site.
The décor and the location were the most important things to get right for us, and Maison mk scored top points for both. The design was unexpectedly very Moroccan, but furnished in a modern and extremely luxuriant fashion. The lighting was superb, especially in the bathroom where my wife did appreciate the Hollywood lights and extra make-up mirror. The location was very peaceful, which is surprising given its close proximity to the main square and to the main road by the medina gate.
We couldn’t cover everything we wanted to do here in our 3 days (the cooking course for example), and there were lots of extras that we didn’t use, but appreciated them all the same. It was nice to feel spoiled. This maison achieved top marks from us also because it appealed to us whilst at the same time we know it would appeal to our children and grandchildren. I would say we are rather conservative. Comfort, peace and quiet, attentive service and top quality services are our requirements, but having all the facilities of a hotel, along with fun and friendly staff in less formal town-house would appeal to our children. “Maison mk” is very relaxing and inviting as well as being absolutely beautiful so we would love to return perhaps for a family celebration.
Finally I must mention, for those that may not be aware, that you cannot get better food anywhere in Marrakech. The restaurant special evening meal is outstanding. The lunches, the breakfasts, and the snacks covered all our requirements superbly, from the best of traditional food to fine dining. The spa was also wonderfully tranquil, the menu extensive and the prices pretty good. We learned a lot about Moroccan life chatting with the staff but Marrakech outside the door is fascinating of course, although a little daunting. Partner this with the safe and beautiful haven of Maison mk makes it an unbeatable experience which we hope to get the chance to continue one day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

If you want the perfect location, perfect service, perfect food and perfect night’s sleep then Maison MK is, well..... perfect!

My wife and I spent 4 nights here and were overwhelmed by the fact that for all the reviews you read make for a great experience, Maison Mk still exceeded them! Hanane and the team were exceptional and were at hand for anything you needed with some great recommendations. The rooms were exquisitely designed and very comfortable and the bathroom we had in room 2 was huge!! I won’t go on about the rooms too much as ours was great and the other rooms looked great too!

The Riad itself was beautifully recreated and very well laid out with a great little plunge pool on the ground floor for those moments when you need to cool down. The roof terrace was amazing, again great layout with amazingly comfortable oversized sun loungers along with a perfectly placed shaded lounge area when you need to step out the sun for 10 minutes. The team at Maison MK are very discreet and stayed out of the way but whenever you thought “Ah, I could do with a drink right about now!” a member of the team would mystically appear to get them for you... I loved that!!! At sunset , the roof terrace comes into its own with a 3rd tier which places you slightly higher than all the other buildings around you, you are presented with an unparallel scene across the City and can watch the sun set and at the same time see and smell the Medina come to life as they start the cooking in the square and the smoke rising into the sky.... all viable from the roof of your own little piece of paradise! Oh, the ‘House’ music was brilliant and spookily similar to my own playlist!

We had dinner from the Gastro MK menu on two of the nights and..... amazing!!! The fusion was perfect and I was caught eating food my wife would swear blind i had told her i didn’t like!!! All 5 courses were delicious and the second night we ate, the chef concocted a fresh menu for us so we didn’t have the same things again.... still amazing!

Treatments.... I would recommend the treatments at Maison MK even if you don’t stay here, book in for a treatment, they are great!

In Summary, Paul and the Team have done an amazing job here with this little gem and we will be coming back year after year as it is..... you guessed it.... Perfect!

Room Tip: Room 1 is the obviously choice but after that we preferred Room 2 (which is the room we stayed in) a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We would highly recommend a stay at Maison Mk, it’s a great experience.
This was our first visit to Marrakesh and we had an amazing time.
We stayed 3 nights at the Maison Mk, after staying at another Riad the Dar Massaï for the first 4 nights. We will be adding their report soon.
The location is good Maison Mk is about 5 minutes walk to the market and the souks. Maison Mk is in a very quite area.
This Riad certainly ensures you chill out and enjoy your stay from the moment you arrive. They gave us a tour of the hotel as soon as we had drunk out welcoming mint tea. you're made to feel very welcome from the moment you walk in the door.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My family of 3 stayed at Maison MK for four nights in December of 2012. I tend to be a bit fanatical about my travel plans, and MK didn't disappoint one bit.

From the first email, Hanane and her staff were incredibly gracious and answered each and every question I had (and I always have a lot of questions). The staff was among the best I've ever experienced, although the service throughout Morocco was beyond compare. I fell ill during our stay, and tea and honey were immediately sent to the room. The staff entertained our daughter, and she was delighted to make new friends in Morocco. Each and every member of the staff was warm, engaging, and delightful. Any request or question was quickly and thoroughly answered by Hanane--she's a true gem, and MK is quite lucky to have such a personable and gracious manager.

We stayed in the Master Suite, and I was a bit worried about space and amenities. I must say, the pictures on the website are beautiful, but don't do justice to the sheer beauty of the riad. While the rooms were being cleaned, I peeked into the other rooms, and they are all simply amazing.

The cooking class was fantastic and should not be missed. It provides a unique opportunity to tour the markets like a local, and the chicken tagine we made was the best dish we had during our 2 week stay in the country. Breakfast on the rooftop is lovely. From the bees during breakfast, to the Call to Prayer, there is something magical about Marrakech, and MK was just the icing on the cake.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had the East West combo of hammam and massage which was fabulous. We then had a drink on the roof bar - comfy seating great service and an ice cold beer - really lovely way to relax after our lovely treatments

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Maison MK? Share your experiences!