“beautiful maison mk” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 461 Hotels in Marrakech
London
“beautiful maison mk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We returned recently from here having spent an amazing few days enjoying the contrast between crazy Marrakech and cool, calm, chic Maison Mk. The hotel is beautifully designed - orange is definitely the colour of choice ! Superb quality of fabrics, furniture, stunning photos on silk taken by the owner, everything is designer perfect & fits together as a concept.
The staff are, without doubt, the best we encountered in the whole trip. From the warm welcome by the ever-helpful Hanane, to the waiters, the night man, thecleaners, just all of them were smiling & there whenever we wanted them. Quite a contrast when we thought about some of the other service levels we came across in the city.
We loved the roof terrace & sunset was such a special time. Marrakech is such an amazing city. Everybody should go there at least once in their life - it took us far too long to get there, but now we can't wait to return. And the choice of where to stay is suddenly very easy - MAISON MK !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed one night in Room 1 at Maison MK which is the biggest room in the riad.From the moment we arrived in this peaceful, boutique style riad we were very well looked after by the professional and friendly staff. Hanane and her team were very attentive and helpful throughout our stay. The room was spacious with beautiful Moroccan touches. Breakfast on the roof top was delicious and its so quiet up there- you cannot believe the hustle and bustle of the souks is only a few minutes walk away. We ate in the restaurant MK that night and the food was delicious.We also did the cookery course the next morning with the Head chef which we thoroughly enjoyed. A trip to the market to buy your ingredients is an eye opening experince not to be missed! Especially if you go for chicken tagine! Overall we really enjoyed our night here and would definitely recommend it for style, service and location.

Room Tip: Room 1 is a great room. The other rooms are decorated in a similar style but are smaller.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Newry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

From initial booking to planning advance arrangements during our stay, we could not fault the prompt, friendly, professional service received from the MK team, headed up by the charming Hanane and this continued throughout our five night stay. Returning after two years was like a family reunion as so many of the staff we knew were still there. We were looked after royally by everyone and had an amazing time. Food and service were first class and Gastro MK - well all we can say is that it is deservedly known as the best in Marrakech, with Omar the chef and his small team serving incredible, imaginitive food. The day and evening staff looked after our every need, remebering our preferences and were great fun! We could fault anything and will definitely be back!

Room Tip: The rooms are all stylish & varied.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Camberley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We looked at about 20 riads on tripadvisor and kept coming back to Maison MK - it looked perfect, and the reviews on here persuaded us that what they said on their website was all true.
We were not disappointed at all - it looks breathtaking inside (there is nothing to see from the outside, just like every other building in Marrakesh). And the staff are soooo helpful & they seem to know the answers to everything that we asked.
The location is right in the middle of the medina, but the taxis stop only 2 minutes walk away. We did get lost while shopping, but it was easy to find our bearings again and the riad is only 5 minutes stroll from the main square (as long as you don't stop to buy more things).
Our bedroom was laid out with rose petals - totally romantic. And the bathroom had the most amazing bath in it - complete with a giant duck !
Sunset on the rooftop was magical, especially when you could hear the beautiful call to prayer.
Our few days felt like a few weeks & we can't wait to go back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed at Maison MK before Christmas and I promised to do a review, well finally I can fulfil my promise. The 3 night stay was amazing & i have not stopped telling all my friends about it. The hotel is only 6 bedrooms and it looks even better than on the website. We both stood with our mouths open when we went into the courtyard from the dusty & ancient streets outside. The bedrooms are so romantic, and the roof terrace is the best bit with killer views over the old town.
The staff are also brilliant - so helpful & friendly. They seemed to pop up just when we wanted them & there are so many of them that there is always somebody around.
They even give you a mobile phone (we didn't use it, but it was lovely to have so we felt safe in case we got lost in the souqs) & an ipod with better music than I have on my own ipod !
Great restaurant recommendations and lots of advice from Hanan the manager.
All in all, brilliant & I am sorry it took me so long to write this.

Room Tip: i looked at several rooms & they all looked romantic and well equipped
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Masion MK. The Hotel itself is stylish, intimate and luxurious and gives a relaxed, calm oasis away from the mayhem of 'The Square' which you can walk to in under 5 mins. We met the owners during our stay who were positively charming and very friendly as were all of the staff. They couldn't have done more for us during our short stay in Marrakech and we can't wait to return.....I can't recommend this Hotel and the people enough!

Gastro MK which is the resturant at the Hotel is excellent and headed up by Omar, the Chef.

First Class!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in 3 which was lovely..we didn't see the others but I am sure they are great!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

How do I start. I spend my life visiting venues and hotels around the world and it takes a lot to impress me.
From my first contact with the Owner of Maison MK, the experience has been an absolute pleasure. Before arriving, my special requests were taken and every element of my stay was executed to perfection. On arrival at the hotel late on a Friday evening I was greeted by staff, offered a fresh orange juice, before being given the guided tour of the facilities. We stayed in the Master Suite, which was sizeable and well designed. The hotel has a modern moroccan design, fusion contemporary british design influences with Moroccan colours and architecture. After the tour, we were left to get ready before our light moroccan supper was served, which we had preordered before arrival. Omar the Chef is a fantastic cook. Having eaten circa 10+ tagines previously, both the chicken and the lamb tagines were perfect.
Highly spiced and flavoursome - you can get some quite poor tagines in most touristy parts of morocco. The dinner was served with a bottle of prosecco we requested, and the service was attentive.

I woke up for a 10am Hammam and Massage treatment that I would highly recommend. The massage was outstanding actually, compared to Mandarin Oriental Spa's I have visited, it was probably once of the most enjoyable massages I have ever had.

For the rest of the day, we decided to stay in the 'Maison' relaxing. Drinks were brought to us while basking in the sun, and the light lunch was tasty. There was background music, Hotel Costes/Buddha Bar style playing which added to the chilled modern vibe. I was sitting around the pool wondering what makes this hotel what it is - its the staff. Nothing ever seems too much, they are friendly, attentive and happy to have long conversations with you about anything, however also give you the right amount of space when you need it. Dinner tonight was at Gastro MK. We had first option on where we wanted to sit for dinner, and opted for the smaller private dining room, which was intimate and cosy. The food was a 5 course tasting menu - and all the courses were very nice. I have to say, the tagine won me over on the first night, but the tasting menu had a slightly more modern european feel to it, and was a nice change. The rest of the stay continued with as flawless service as the first 24 hours - everything was pefect. I could not recommend this hotel highly enough, and not only will I be sure to return, I would have no hesitation recommending it to anyone. So, after finishing writing this review in the sun on the Roof Terrace at Maison MK I am going to now enjoy my final lunch before the airport trip!

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Maison MK? Share your experiences!