“amazing riad” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 461 Hotels in Marrakech
Camberley, United Kingdom
“amazing riad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We looked at about 20 riads on tripadvisor and kept coming back to Maison MK - it looked perfect, and the reviews on here persuaded us that what they said on their website was all true.
We were not disappointed at all - it looks breathtaking inside (there is nothing to see from the outside, just like every other building in Marrakesh). And the staff are soooo helpful & they seem to know the answers to everything that we asked.
The location is right in the middle of the medina, but the taxis stop only 2 minutes walk away. We did get lost while shopping, but it was easy to find our bearings again and the riad is only 5 minutes stroll from the main square (as long as you don't stop to buy more things).
Our bedroom was laid out with rose petals - totally romantic. And the bathroom had the most amazing bath in it - complete with a giant duck !
Sunset on the rooftop was magical, especially when you could hear the beautiful call to prayer.
Our few days felt like a few weeks & we can't wait to go back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed at Maison MK before Christmas and I promised to do a review, well finally I can fulfil my promise. The 3 night stay was amazing & i have not stopped telling all my friends about it. The hotel is only 6 bedrooms and it looks even better than on the website. We both stood with our mouths open when we went into the courtyard from the dusty & ancient streets outside. The bedrooms are so romantic, and the roof terrace is the best bit with killer views over the old town.
The staff are also brilliant - so helpful & friendly. They seemed to pop up just when we wanted them & there are so many of them that there is always somebody around.
They even give you a mobile phone (we didn't use it, but it was lovely to have so we felt safe in case we got lost in the souqs) & an ipod with better music than I have on my own ipod !
Great restaurant recommendations and lots of advice from Hanan the manager.
All in all, brilliant & I am sorry it took me so long to write this.

Room Tip: i looked at several rooms & they all looked romantic and well equipped
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Masion MK. The Hotel itself is stylish, intimate and luxurious and gives a relaxed, calm oasis away from the mayhem of 'The Square' which you can walk to in under 5 mins. We met the owners during our stay who were positively charming and very friendly as were all of the staff. They couldn't have done more for us during our short stay in Marrakech and we can't wait to return.....I can't recommend this Hotel and the people enough!

Gastro MK which is the resturant at the Hotel is excellent and headed up by Omar, the Chef.

First Class!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in 3 which was lovely..we didn't see the others but I am sure they are great!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

How do I start. I spend my life visiting venues and hotels around the world and it takes a lot to impress me.
From my first contact with the Owner of Maison MK, the experience has been an absolute pleasure. Before arriving, my special requests were taken and every element of my stay was executed to perfection. On arrival at the hotel late on a Friday evening I was greeted by staff, offered a fresh orange juice, before being given the guided tour of the facilities. We stayed in the Master Suite, which was sizeable and well designed. The hotel has a modern moroccan design, fusion contemporary british design influences with Moroccan colours and architecture. After the tour, we were left to get ready before our light moroccan supper was served, which we had preordered before arrival. Omar the Chef is a fantastic cook. Having eaten circa 10+ tagines previously, both the chicken and the lamb tagines were perfect.
Highly spiced and flavoursome - you can get some quite poor tagines in most touristy parts of morocco. The dinner was served with a bottle of prosecco we requested, and the service was attentive.

I woke up for a 10am Hammam and Massage treatment that I would highly recommend. The massage was outstanding actually, compared to Mandarin Oriental Spa's I have visited, it was probably once of the most enjoyable massages I have ever had.

For the rest of the day, we decided to stay in the 'Maison' relaxing. Drinks were brought to us while basking in the sun, and the light lunch was tasty. There was background music, Hotel Costes/Buddha Bar style playing which added to the chilled modern vibe. I was sitting around the pool wondering what makes this hotel what it is - its the staff. Nothing ever seems too much, they are friendly, attentive and happy to have long conversations with you about anything, however also give you the right amount of space when you need it. Dinner tonight was at Gastro MK. We had first option on where we wanted to sit for dinner, and opted for the smaller private dining room, which was intimate and cosy. The food was a 5 course tasting menu - and all the courses were very nice. I have to say, the tagine won me over on the first night, but the tasting menu had a slightly more modern european feel to it, and was a nice change. The rest of the stay continued with as flawless service as the first 24 hours - everything was pefect. I could not recommend this hotel highly enough, and not only will I be sure to return, I would have no hesitation recommending it to anyone. So, after finishing writing this review in the sun on the Roof Terrace at Maison MK I am going to now enjoy my final lunch before the airport trip!

• Stayed May 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed in March this year, and are only getting round to writing a review now as we long to be back at Maison MK again as the weather is so poor here in the uk ! Everything we read on previous reviews was true of this magical place so I will try to give you things that we felt made it special for us.
I never had such a personal and warm feeling from the moment I booked in the UK through to after I stayed at this beautiful paradise. In fact this is probably what is underlying the secret of this great place - it is somehow extremely relaxing from the moment you walk in. It feels well established with a subtle thread of quality and sophistication that makes it not 'hotel' like but more like your own exquisite glamorous holiday home...with all the facilities you would dream of and your own staff thrown in ! The staff are amazing and they seemed to know us and want to look after us right from the beginning, but they don't intrude either, so its a magical combination. The beautiful smiling concierge Hanane was available all the time to advise and book things for us, and even gave us maps and great suggestions of places to go and see.
Ice lollies just when you think you'd love one, warm moist cake and mint tea just as you come in from shopping late afternoon, a beautiful little spa where we were washed and scrubbed and polished (yes we were left shiny and smooth and they call it polishing) like royal babes - my sun tan was the best ever after one of these.
A massage lady there all the time...on tap so to speak, and who even blow dried my hair afterwards so I looked like I just came out of a salon.
Simple sounding lunch salads that appeared like a piece of art on a plate. In fact food & drinks,from snacks anytime to gourmet dining. I really mean anytime as I had a club sandwich after midnight. Totally royally pampered - that's how we felt !
I'm a true believer that you get what you pay for, and yes there are probably great places for less, but once you have experienced Maison MK you will understand what I mean and won't want to go anywhere else. We naturally have very high expectations but don't think we are demanding (but probably are !). Maison MK is the only place in the world that exceeded our expectations - it is worth every penny (or dare I say probably worth more!).

Room Tip: we saw a few of the rooms - they all looked stunning !
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This was my third stay at Maison MK - I am a big fan. It offers everything a visitor needs for a relaxing break in Marrakech in what can only be described as really WOW surroundings. This trip I went on my own without my partner and although Maison MK is a very romantic place, I felt it also offered the perfect accommodation for the lone traveller. You can choose to visit the sights and shopping of Marrakech with a group (MK can recommend) or explore on your own. If you choose to stay in the Riad you can relax in the sun on the roof, watch a film in the private cinema or use their spa (I had one the best massages ever!), there is also a fantastic Bistro. I have travelled alone before and found that some hotels make you feel very isolated or even worse keep trying to adopt you. I felt very comfortable at Maison MK they combined a warm welcome with a respect for my privacy.

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Godalm ing
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We wanted a short break with our two teenage children. Maison MK exceeded all our expectations and we just had the most wonderful holiday. When we arrived in the hustle and bustle of the city, entering Maison MK was like turning off the sound. It was what I could imagine a little bit of paradise to be. The staff were warm and welcoming. While our bags were taken to our rooms we were invited to sit down with a drink and take in our beautiful surroundings. The interiors are sumptuous and the attention to detail has to be admired. The service at Maison MK is nothing short of five star. The staff could not have done more to make our stay comfortable and relaxing. The chef, Omar, is clearly in a class of his own. We were absolutely amazed at the very high standard of cuisine which has to be on a par with some of the top London restaurants. We also booked in for the morning cookery course with Omar. My children, age 13 and 16 were so impressed and enjoyed making a Moroccan tagine as well as bread. Hanane, the manager also organised our trip including a visit with a guide to the souks. There is also a small spa with one treatment room. I had a massage (woke myself up by snoring!) and pedicure. My daughter had a facial and manicure. I wish we had had longer in the spa. The nail lacquer, even after three weeks, hasn't chipped. The hotel and their staff made our holiday one to remember and we have every intention to return as the break was just not long enough.

Room Tip: We had room 3, room 1 and room 2. Room 3 for couples is a must - very romantic. Room 1 was the same...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Maison MK? Share your experiences!