“Spoilt and totally relaxed” 5 of 5 stars

Maison MK
14 Derb Lafkih Sbaai | Quartier Ksour, Medina, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #10 of 465 Hotels in Marrakech
Exmouth, United Kingdom
“Spoilt and totally relaxed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was my first time to Morrocco and Maison Mk.
So spoilt, i felt a million dollars.
It helped that i was with a group of women who were all great fun.We laughed,were pampered and ate the most fantastic food.The hotel was very relaxed,the staff were so attentive to our every need and i felt very safe at all times.
Maison Mk is the most amazing place i have stayed in a long time and thank them for making my break the most memorable experience....will definately be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed here in January and found it so special, magical and enchanting. Maison MK is the best riad hotel I've ever stayed. The service they provide is excellent, warm and very personal. It's small, intimate and very relaxing after a busy day in the Medina. I would really recommend Maison MK. I've visited and stayed at lots of riads in Marrakech, because Marrakech is my favorite city, but I can say Maison MK is the best luxury riad. The food they serve is also fantastic compare to all the other hotels in restaurants in Marrakech. Their rooftop is amazing! Best view and great place to chill out. I really like their homemade yoghurt they serve in the morning on the rooftop. The staff is so amazing and very helpful. You really should try their luxury hammam + relaxing massage treatment! The rooms are very comfortable and romantic. We definitely come back, because we love this place!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

From my initial contact via email with Maison mk I knew it would be amazing. I was helping organise a friends birthday weekend so quite a few emails went back & forth with various requests(from us), Hanane, the manager, always came back to me quickly & efficiently, organising surprise birthday cakes, keeping us up to date on the weather & arranging spa treatments for 11 of us, she felt like a friend before we got there.
I could mention all the brilliant attention to detail, iPods, phones, fresh coffee outside your room before breakfast, but these things are just the beginning. The staff are telapathic, they know what you want/need before you do.
I would defiantly recommend the cookery courses with Omar & Mouna. I learned so much & enjoyed taking my bread to the communal bakery. The kitchen was spotless even without a dishwasher(only Mouna)!
The food was brilliant. Having made bread with Mouna I know how much love & care is given to the breakfasts she makes. Omars evening meals should have a Michelin star, so so good.
Marrakesh was a wonderful place but it was without doubt Maison mk that made it special.

• Stayed March 2013
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I was in fact staying at Maison MK at the tail end of Ramadan in 2011. I had such an amazing stay at 'Paul's house' that I just have to put it into words even if it is 18 months on!

Firstly the riadh itself is just simply lovely: modern authenticity. Courtyard buildings offer a private haven within a city (perfect for a bustling spirited city such as Marrakesh) and this wonderful building certainly achieves that. I absolutely loved rattling around the house or relaxing on the sun terrace. The building eminates harmony.

Secondly the house itself is very central, located office if the many organic alleys within the Medina. I thoroughly enjoyed nipping out for an early morning stroll before returning for breakfast or having a lazy afternoon in the riadh, popping out to visit the local spice shops as I pleased. I really felt at home in Marrakesh thanks to Maison MK.

Lastly and must importantly I found that Paul and his team really care about their guests. I really felt that I was staying with friends who were genuinley keen for my friend and I to enjoy Marrakesh. This did not feel like a 'check in check out' hotel, but instead a home where both privacy and community was practiced. The size of the villa helps create an intimate home atmosphere. The other guests were lovely and friendly-I often caught up with them during daily afternoon tea in the courtyard.

Maison MK offers a cooking course with their wonderful chef and the rest of the kitchen team. I would recommend this as its an opportunity to spend time in the kitchen making friends as well as learning about local dishes.

The only downside about my stay at Maison MK is that it has spoiled me! This boutique home has set the bar so high in respect to offering a genuine and unique experience that I am never quite satisfied with other boutique hotels. Where they may exceed in good design they fail in heartfelt service or location. Be prepared to be ruined forever by Maison MK and Pauls team: Mary, Mohammed, Miriam, Fouzi, Abdul, Mona, Omar, Kamal et all (as in 2011)!

RA

• Stayed August 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Myself and 10 of my girls friends stayed here for 3 nights for my 40th birthday, it was amazing I can't praise it more highly. I don't know where to start to explain how amazing our stay was so I am going to tell you why I loved it.
As the only large person in my party I find things hard that other people wouldn't even think of, the staff were very aware of this without me having to say anything, they helped with everything even offering to get things for me when they knew the stairs were to much for my chubby legs. All the staff made a fuss of me and told me I looked lovely when I made the effort of dressing up. The spa staff treated me so kindly that although all my party were fine with undressing for treatments, they seemed very aware of my reluctance and went to a lot of effort to but me at ease.
Being I big girl of course I had a cookery lesson and it was amazing, Omar the chef really looked after us.
I could tell you all about the fantastic attention to detail here but I think that has more than been covered in other review, but what I wanted to tell you is how this place made me feel, cared for, happy, relaxed and most of all beautiful. If anyone has anything bad to say about Maison MK they don't deserve to stay in such a great place. Claire room 1

• Stayed March 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

i stayed in january & Maison MK was stunning. My room was beautiful, the whole riad was stunning, the food was the best i had in Marrakesh, the staff were so helpful & attentive to my every need.
I have no hesitation in recommending this riad to people going to Marrakech

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I didn't stay at the property, but heard lots of good reviews, so decided to visit the hotel and do a cooking class. The whole experience from start to finish was excellent and made our entire trip! We opted for the cooking class that took you to the markets first, where we picked our own meat and vegetables with the chef. After that, we made a moroccan salad, home made bread (only women can do this) and a lamb tagine. All the staff were professional, and we enjoyed a few laughs together. After a fun experience in the kitchen, we got to enjoy the fruits of our labour and ate our food on the beautiful terrace, overlooking the city. The staff were all so smiley and could not do enough. We even got to have a sneaky peak at the rooms, and they blew us away. We loved the quirky large rubber ducks in the bathrooms and the large rubber duck in their feature pond downstairs. We would definitely stay at Maison MK if we were to go back to Marrakech and would highly recommend the cooking class to everyone!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Maison MK? Share your experiences!