“*MAISmerising*” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 460 hotels in Marrakech
London
“*MAISmerising*”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I was in fact staying at Maison MK at the tail end of Ramadan in 2011. I had such an amazing stay at 'Paul's house' that I just have to put it into words even if it is 18 months on!

Firstly the riadh itself is just simply lovely: modern authenticity. Courtyard buildings offer a private haven within a city (perfect for a bustling spirited city such as Marrakesh) and this wonderful building certainly achieves that. I absolutely loved rattling around the house or relaxing on the sun terrace. The building eminates harmony.

Secondly the house itself is very central, located office if the many organic alleys within the Medina. I thoroughly enjoyed nipping out for an early morning stroll before returning for breakfast or having a lazy afternoon in the riadh, popping out to visit the local spice shops as I pleased. I really felt at home in Marrakesh thanks to Maison MK.

Lastly and must importantly I found that Paul and his team really care about their guests. I really felt that I was staying with friends who were genuinley keen for my friend and I to enjoy Marrakesh. This did not feel like a 'check in check out' hotel, but instead a home where both privacy and community was practiced. The size of the villa helps create an intimate home atmosphere. The other guests were lovely and friendly-I often caught up with them during daily afternoon tea in the courtyard.

Maison MK offers a cooking course with their wonderful chef and the rest of the kitchen team. I would recommend this as its an opportunity to spend time in the kitchen making friends as well as learning about local dishes.

The only downside about my stay at Maison MK is that it has spoiled me! This boutique home has set the bar so high in respect to offering a genuine and unique experience that I am never quite satisfied with other boutique hotels. Where they may exceed in good design they fail in heartfelt service or location. Be prepared to be ruined forever by Maison MK and Pauls team: Mary, Mohammed, Miriam, Fouzi, Abdul, Mona, Omar, Kamal et all (as in 2011)!

RA

• Stayed August 2012

528 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Myself and 10 of my girls friends stayed here for 3 nights for my 40th birthday, it was amazing I can't praise it more highly. I don't know where to start to explain how amazing our stay was so I am going to tell you why I loved it.
As the only large person in my party I find things hard that other people wouldn't even think of, the staff were very aware of this without me having to say anything, they helped with everything even offering to get things for me when they knew the stairs were to much for my chubby legs. All the staff made a fuss of me and told me I looked lovely when I made the effort of dressing up. The spa staff treated me so kindly that although all my party were fine with undressing for treatments, they seemed very aware of my reluctance and went to a lot of effort to but me at ease.
Being I big girl of course I had a cookery lesson and it was amazing, Omar the chef really looked after us.
I could tell you all about the fantastic attention to detail here but I think that has more than been covered in other review, but what I wanted to tell you is how this place made me feel, cared for, happy, relaxed and most of all beautiful. If anyone has anything bad to say about Maison MK they don't deserve to stay in such a great place. Claire room 1

• Stayed March 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

i stayed in january & Maison MK was stunning. My room was beautiful, the whole riad was stunning, the food was the best i had in Marrakesh, the staff were so helpful & attentive to my every need.
I have no hesitation in recommending this riad to people going to Marrakech

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I didn't stay at the property, but heard lots of good reviews, so decided to visit the hotel and do a cooking class. The whole experience from start to finish was excellent and made our entire trip! We opted for the cooking class that took you to the markets first, where we picked our own meat and vegetables with the chef. After that, we made a moroccan salad, home made bread (only women can do this) and a lamb tagine. All the staff were professional, and we enjoyed a few laughs together. After a fun experience in the kitchen, we got to enjoy the fruits of our labour and ate our food on the beautiful terrace, overlooking the city. The staff were all so smiley and could not do enough. We even got to have a sneaky peak at the rooms, and they blew us away. We loved the quirky large rubber ducks in the bathrooms and the large rubber duck in their feature pond downstairs. We would definitely stay at Maison MK if we were to go back to Marrakech and would highly recommend the cooking class to everyone!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Where do I start on this perfect Oasis? The rooms are fabulous. Tastefully decorated and full of comforts. Great wet room, lovely products, ipod in room and even a local mobile to take out with you in case you get lost. The roof top terrace is lovely for breakfast, sun bathing and watching the sunset. The best thing about this hotel though is the staff. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. It was so welcoming to arrive back from a days adventured and be able to share our stories with Hanane the Manager. Afternoon tea is about 5pm and it magically appeared next to us on the rooftop terrace with a smile. Simo who worked evenings shared lots of information on places to see as well as local culture and always had a smile. Shukran!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

It was our 2nd trip to Marrakech - but first to Maison MK. We spent 4 nights over New Year there and it was a little piece of heaven. The staff really couldn't do more for you. The room was very chic and relaxing - we loved the music and all the little touches. We did the cooking class which i would highly recommend - we went shopping for the meat, veg and herbs and had a really good laugh making a huge lamb tagine lunch with all the Moroccan sides with the one of the chefs and his female assistance - who both had a great sense of humour.
The restaurant in maison MK really is one of the top experiences in the city, the menu was creative and yum. We only ate there the once as the menu didn't change during our stay but that wasn't a problem so many other nice places too. Pepe nero our 2nd fav.
Breakfast was very nice and service always friendly, quick and helpful. My only minor thought would be adding a slice of ham or cheese to the offering as after 4 days we were done with the eggs.
We often enjoyed a bottle of wine or cocktail on the roof terrace with other guests as the sun went down, great after a day out in the manic city.
Location really is second to none - only minutes walk from the main sights.
I loved the way nothing was very too much trouble, they had thought of everything, you could even enjoy a gin n tonic in your room. They were not pushy in any way about dining there or taking up any of the experiences.
We also to the Hammam experience which we loved - again recommend it.
The bill was expensive i won't pretend otherwise but it truly is a 5* experience you won't regret your choice. I've already recommended it to others.
Drinks bill was very reasonable and compared well other places you could find that sold alcohol.
enjoy!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My first review on tripadvisor ! i just wanted to say what an amazing time we had at Maison MK - the reviews on here were so useful in helping us choose the right hotel, so I promised I would do a quick review. Read the reviews to get so much information, look at the website (but it looks even better in real life), but whatever you do, just book a holiday here. Our first time in Marrakech & it was amazing. The in-house spa treatments, and the amazing restaurant, and the ever so helpful & professional staff all helped to make this one of the best short breaks we have ever taken.
Can't wait to return. Thankyou to Hanane & all the staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Maison MK? Share your experiences!