“nice place in FEZ” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 168 Fes B&B and Inns
Turin, Italy
“nice place in FEZ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Nice place, comfortable and new as it was open only since few months. Staff very nice.

Only the area of FEZ might be seen as unsecure for international standards.

But it would get better and better I guess!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

This was my first time in Morocco and in Fes and it couldn't have been better! The city is buzzing with so many things that its impossible to fit it in one trip. I stayed in a couple of different riads depending on my shifting financial resources and my last few days were spent in Dar Sondos.

The rooms are simple, but very nice and done in good taste. And they are super clean. The work on the ceilings and doors is exquisite. I had the room "Sadi'a" on the terrace overlooking the medina, which allowed me to make good use of my camera in the mornings! To someone who has never been here, its a remarkable experience to see/hear all the different call to prayers going off at the same time all around the city.

Mohammad, the owner, was gracious and kind. On my arrival he got me a phone and a sim card without any hassle (and for cheaper than what I would have negotiated.) More importantly, he came to my rescue with just one phone call when I was lost in the labyrinths of the medina and being worked on by the local "guides"!

Sophia, the lady who manages the place is wonderful! She is soft spoken, hard working and generally quiet, but once you engage her you will end up having a wonderful conversation full of wit and jokes. (Just to confirm that I am not fibbing, she has a masters degree in philosophy!). In all the days that me and my friend stayed there, we never had to ask twice about our breakfast, laundry and cleaning of the rooms.

The Dar is located in a more spacious and cleaner part of the medina, with no impromptu guides trying to take you somewhere you don't want to go. There is a convenience store an alley away and a cafe, bus/taxi stop and ATM at about 2-3 minutes walk. All in all a wonderful and comfortable experience. I will absolutely live here again and will recommend it to friends traveling to Fes.

My best wishes to Dar Sondos!

Room Tip: The terrace room is a little bit of a workout, especially if you come in and out several times a day...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Dar Sondos? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Dar Sondos

Address: Derb El Abbas Diour Jdoud, Fes 30110, Morocco
Location: Morocco > Fes-Boulemane Region > Fes
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Room Service Shuttle Bus service Airport Transportation
Ranked #46 of 168 B&Bs / Inns in Fes
Hotel Class:3 star — Dar Sondos 3*
Dar Sondos is a charming 300 year old house in the Fez Medina. It has been carefully restored to keep and enhance the traditional features, such as painted ceilings and carved plasterwork. The bedrooms are comfortable and well equipped, with reverse cycle air-conditioning. A delicious Moroccan breakfast is included, and may be taken on the terrace if you wish. There is free Wifi throughout the house. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere, HostelWorld and Odigeo so you can book your Dar Sondos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Dar Sondos, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.