“I don't want to leave!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
10%off Jacaranda 3 nights
Ranked #24 of 168 Fes B&B and Inns
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“I don't want to leave!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Cozy, charming, hospitable that and more. The whole family is sad to leave Peace House or Dar el Hana as it is in Moroccan. We had a great stay in Fez and much credit goes to Angela, Ben and Fatima. An experience I hope to repeat soon!

Room Tip: Hibiscus is great but Jacaranda is the best! For 20 euros more it won't break the budget!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
JosephineJoyce, Manager at Dar El Hana, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you Peggy! Lovely to meet you and your family - you are all welcome back anytime!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

My girlfriend and I have just spent 3 nights in Fez staying at the Riad Dar El Hana.

Accommodation was excellent. Josephine (the owner) was very welcoming and extremely knowledgable and helpful in organising trips.

Great breakfast was served each day by her wonderful staff Ben and Fatima. Was definitely our favourite Riad of the holiday and would definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I first saw Dar El Hanna on TV on one of the Travel Channel’s shows. I loved its charm and decided to experience it in person. My companions and I visited Fes in November 2013 and stayed at Dar El Hanna for 2 nights. What a beautiful experience. The hotel was very charming, cozy and clean. The staff (Ben, Fatima and Ali) was very welcoming and made us feel at home. The owner, Josephine did a wonderful job preserving this 300 year old home and converting it into a charming hotel. I highly recommend it. I plan on staying there again on my next trip.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
JosephineJoyce, Owner at Dar El Hana, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Hello Ted, I wish to thank you for your wonderful review, and I am delighted that you have shared this experience. We will welcome you back anytime. Happy journeying, Josephine
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We spent four nights at the Dar El Hana in October 2013. Arriving from the station we were met by Ben, who guided us to the hotel. He explained the Medina to us so we would get the best out of our stay. We had a dinner cooked by Fatima on arrival, which was delicious. Especially her fish balls. Fatima and Ben were always there with tea and home made cakes. Special mention must be made of Arantxa, the manager. She went to endless trouble to make our stay pleasant. We were there during a religious festival, when everything was closed. She rang around to find us a restaurant which was open for dinner on two nights, and she accompanied us to make sure we did not get lost. She also managed to find two guides for us to take trips inside and outside the Medina. She was very good company and a fund of useful information. We will not forget her for a long time, and wish her well. We have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sebastopol, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Conveniently located (easy to get to and near all the main sights of the Medina), attentive and thoughtful staff (Arantxa and Ben are the best), the four nights at Dar El Hana made for a very satisfying visit to Fes. It is just off one of the main streets, so it is a calm oasis with a lovely roof-top terrace where daily breakfast begins the day beautifully.

Room Tip: The Aladdins room at the ground level has its own private entrance which was a big plus.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

The moment I entered this place, I knew I was home. Good location, cozy and clean. Homey! With Josephine, the first time I met her, I felt like I was visiting my aunt or a family member. She was very helpful and welcoming! I'll come back here anytime!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We (group of 5 persons) have stayed for 3 nights at Dar El Hana. The place is really charming, very nice restored and carefully decorated. Each room has a different story and charm, making us wondering how is the next one.... The staff is extremely friendly! We really appreciated that Arantxa was there every morning to speak and be nice to each of her clients and she helped us with everything, advising us what is best to do in each day, organizing very good trips for us and with very good prices! Also Ben helped us with pick up from where taxi driver let us and guided us each morning how to discover best the streets of Fes. The breakfast on the terrace is such a blessing in the morning pleasant sun, making us wanting to spend the entire day there!
We have enjoyed every minute there and due to all these we will always have nice memories about Fes and Dar El Hana!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Dar El Hana? Share your experiences!