Overall, we had a very positive experience.
1. The hotel was simply beautiful. Our room was comfortable and nicely furnished. We stayed in the Noor suite, which has a private door to the rooftop terrace, and the terrace is a spectacular place to relax and enjoy views of the city and the sun! We really enjoyed the privacy and quietness of our room, and the access to the sun on the terrace. As others have commented, our bathroom did smell a little bit, but I guess considering that we were traveling in Morocco and not Europe, and staying at this riad and not the Sofitel (which is more than twice the price) I was not expecting everything to be perfect.
2. The staff was really friendly. All of them. The managers arranged wonderful tour guides for us, and made suggestions for restaurants and activities. We really appreciated all the effort they gave because they made our trip wonderful.
3. The food at the restaurant was over priced when compared to most other restaurants in the city, but it was fabulous. We enjoyed a meal on the rooftop terrace, and it was a great, romantic meal. Breakfast each morning was free, and very good. Yes, a little carb heavy, but excellent.
4. I found the price a good value, especially after hearing stories of cheaper hotels from fellow tourists we met while enjoying the city. Additionally, because the entertainment the hotel arranged for us was so cheap, that increased the value of the hotel in my opinion. The afternoon we arrived, we asked the manager if she could help us arrange a tour guide for the next day. For €30 we got a private english-speaking guide for an entire day who took us all around the Medina while showing us all the sites recommended by the tour books and pumping us full of information on the local history and culture. When we returned from our tour (8 hours later) she asked if we would like help arranging something for the next day. The next day we had a private driver who chauffeured us into the mountains. We went to a beautiful lake big lake in the mountains where the air was fresh, we saw a gorgeous waterfall, toured the towns of Ifarne and Azrou, and went to the Cedar Forest where we saw live monkeys. Cost for that day - €80 and our driver also spoke perfect english. It was fabulous.
5. Yes the spa, other than the pool, costs extra...but we were aware of this ahead of time and were not there to use the spa.
6. We did get stuck in the elevator once. but the door force open easy enough, so no need to panic.
Thus, overall, we had a very positive experience at this hotel. I would recommend it. Note - we booked through booking.com, and the price on check out was exactly what the booking confirmation said.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.