“Rude, Rude, Rude” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Zalagh Parc Palace

You added Zalagh Parc Palace to your Saves list
Zalagh Parc Palace
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lotissement Oued Fez | Route de Meknes, Fes 30000, Morocco   |
Ranked #60 of 87 Hotels in Fes
“Rude, Rude, Rude”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Hallways were dark...wi fi unavailable. Staff was unresponsive to questions. Neighborhood was sketchy. I got the sense that tourists weren't welcome in the area. Breakfast was cold bordering on inedible. Location was too far from the city center so once you were in the hotel you were stuck there. The supermarket which was walking distance was interesting to visit for a real flavor of how people live. After we fed one of the starving kittens the doorman continued to feed it a yogurt. I am sure there are nicer places to stay in Fez...search them out.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
St. John's, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Internet does not work, Good room, Nice View, Pool water was way to cold to swim,, hotel is way to far from the city center. Food was cold. Room for a couple with a double bed only had room for one suitcase. Bathroom was very nice. Staff were non existent, Lighting was movement sensing and sometimes was not fast enough for you to walk into the hallway safely.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view to the street were more desirable that an inside room facing a brick wall. Pick ro...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at Zalagh. I went for a conference, and stayed a bit after to visit Fes on my own. The staff was friendly, though they had limited English speakers and even those didn't speak all that well. The hamam was AMAZING and very well priced. The woman who provided my hamam was absolutely wonderful--she did a massage, a full hamam (exfoliating, mask, hair) and then even did my hair. My skin and hair have never been softer. I loved the lobby, gorgeous--though they didn't heat it well.

Still, I had to wear a parka to stay warm in the lobby. And I was in the lobby a lot, as that was the only place that had reliable internet. There was no internet in the room, which was the biggest drawback. Also, the television was straight out of 1982, and they only had three channels in English (RT, CNN International and a movie channel that played a couple decent flicks--but mostly garbage). My fault really, I must learn French! The maid service was also wonderful. The view as well was impressive--I overlooked a lovely pool. Overall, it was a great stay, and I would recommend Zalagh to most people. Not super fancy, but had most of the amenities (apart from internet in the room--hard to find in Moroccan hotels to be honest, even if they say they have it--see my Kenzi Tower review for more on that) I prefer and expect from a hotel of this caliber. I didn't pay for my stay, but I believe the cost was reasonable. Something like $120 US Dollars a night, though I was there in December. It may be more during other times of the year.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view, balcony and the highest floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Banbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Got a warm welcome when we arrived - a staff member was waiting to greet us & showed us 2 rooms so we chose the one with a balcony & sitting area with 2 couches (no extra charge).

Things went downhill from there - the air-con did nothing to cool the room & the lighting was too dim to read by. I had dinner (nothing memorable) & started vomiting early the next morning. I spent the whole of the next day between my bed & the toilet, which is in a separate room from the bathroom (not very hygienic when you need to wash your hands frequently after food poisoning!)

Meanwhile my husband did the Fes tour, which I missed. The next day he reported that the restaurant staff were VERY unhelpful! Having asked 2 waiters for a teaspoon (none appeared) my husband was reduced to going into the kitchen to demand one, where a dirty spoon was washed & given to him! More training on Customer Service needed.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the swimming pool have a balcony with (rather tatty ) white plastic table & 2...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Paris, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The rooms were clean and spacious and the staff all very friendly and helpful. Yes there were some hot water issues and, yes, the food was just average but, hey, when in Morocco ....... I had more than one meal of yummy breads, olives and amazing dessert pastries. Unfortunately, it is out of the way, with nothing close by but a supermarket. However, we took the opportunity to go "refreshment" shopping and picked up a few snacks for the rest of our tour. If you are only there for one or two nights on a tour, and don't have a lot off free time to roam around on your own, anyway, this is a perfectly suitable hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my cosmo tour group. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised at this hotel. The rooms were very large and clean. The food wasn't that great but it was edible. As for the pool. It was awesome. There was a small bar with a DJ playing music. There's even a bowling ally in the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Perhaps it was because the hotel was quite full when we checked in, or that we were a fairly large group taking up about 18 rooms... I was excited to visit Fez and disappointed right away. First as one reviewer said, it's out in the sticks. It's dirty. It's dark. It was very hot outside and the air conditioner didn't work. There was no hot water. Ever. The food was horrendous. When we arrived for the buffet which was included in the room, there were dirty linens on all the tables. My friend asked for a napkin, and, I swear I'm telling the truth here, the waiter actually picked up a dirty used napkin on another table, folded it up and handed it to her... nice! Many of us had to change rooms due to dirty, funky rooms. Although I hear some rooms are nice, so I guess there is a great deal of inconsistency. Couldn't wait to get out of there. There are so many inexpensive charming Moroccan hotels, don't waste time or money staying in a place like this. Interesting to read people say it has 'a Moroccan touch'... it's In Morocco! It should have more than a 'Moroccan touch'! But, if you want to travel to a foreign country and stay in the equivalent of an airport Best Western, then this is the place!

Room Tip: If you still want to stay here, ask to see the rooms first. Get a taxi into Fez for meals.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Zalagh Parc Palace? Share your experiences!