“An Unforgettable Experience...” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 34 Outdoor Activities in Fes
More attraction details
Owner description: Morocco Country Side Tours is a company formed by highly trained guides with an experienced professional staff, that organizes trips throughout Morocco. Our expert native guides have a deep knowledge of all the areas and will help you discover the authentic customs and culture of our country.Morocco Country Side Tours offers you the opportunity to do many activities during your trip to Morocco. Some of the activities that can be customized for you are: visiting local Berber families, having a cup of tea with nomads in their cave dwellings, enjoying a Berber wedding, visiting local cooperatives, camel rides, sleeping in Berber tents in the Sahara Desert, Berber homestays with local families, trekking, sand boarding, henna paintings and much more...Our professional staff will be available 24 hours 7 days a week to provide you with all the details to help you organize a wonderful trip. Please feel free to contact us anytime, and we will send a reply as soon as possible.
new jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“An Unforgettable Experience...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Having been to Morocco before, I wanted a deeper understanding of the wonderful culture of the Berber People.

After a lot of research, I found Morocco Countryside Tours and was excited to explore the desert with their native guides. I was lucky to meet Said, one of their guides, who was born in the desert and could take me to hidden places not offered by other companies.
My first stop was at N'Kob, a small Berber village between Marrakech and the Erg Chebbi Dunes. It was a magical place, not visited by many tour companies.

Then we were off to the great Erg Chebbi Dunes! I never felt that I was on a schedule, everything was easy and natural. I had been to Merzouga on my previous visit, but with Said's guidance, I looked at the desert with new eyes. Before sunset, the camels were prepared for my journey. The feeling as you move slowly and naturally deep into the dunes is an experience that can not be described...it needs to be lived. After a freshly prepared dinner and listening to the amazing drum playing of the Berber guys at the camp, I climbed to the top of one of the dunes. That moment spent staring at the stars, feeling the sand all around me, is a moment that will live inside me always.

A profound memory for me was the visit to several Nomads along the journey. In a remote part of the desert, I met a beautiful nomadic woman. She was living by herself in a remote part of the desert and invited us for tea in her tent. She carried herself with such strength and courage that her face is imprinted in my mind...I don't take pictures out of respect for these dignified people.

In the mountains, I visited a Nomadic cave family with many goats roaming around. While I sat visiting them, a baby goat sat on my lap for a long time and I could feel it's warm little body and the beat of his heart...so cute!

These are the amazing and authentic experiences you will have with Morocco Countryside Tours.

Visited September 2012

Naples, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“An experience you will never forget”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Our trip with Morocco Countryside Tours was unlike any we have ever experienced and one we will never forget. Said greeted us at the airport in Fes and we could not have asked for a better guide. We were 2 families with 3 young children, and Said's demeanor is absolutely perfect for our group. He is kind, patient, extremely knowledgeable and eager to share the history of the Gerber people and the beautiful land of Morocco. We especially appreciated his ability to tailor our trip during our travels. If you are planning to visit Morocco I would strongly recommend traveling with Morocco Countryside Tours and requesting Said as your guide. Morocco has so much to offer and I know our journey would not have been as rich and fulfilling with out Said's guidance and organization.

Visited April 2013
Belo Horizonte, MG
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have been in in desert and was une of the most incredible experience. The local people is amazing and the culture is really interesting.

I recomend to go!

Said is a veeery nice guy, really good heart!

Have a save and nice trip.

peace...

Visited July 2012
Brasilia, DF
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredible! wonderfull experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My 12-year old son and I are back from a tour around Morocco with Moroccocountrysidetours and we are amazed by the beauty of its lands, the kindness and humanity of its people and cleanness of its towns. But the bit we enjoyed our whole time with them... My son was most happy to live for all that time with our two camels (Jrm-Brm and Bob Marley) and our lovely guides Ibrahim We slept two nights in camps (we were on our own, as this is not a turistic season) and one at a beduin shefard family who prepared for as a delicious cous cous we'll never taste again (sigh!). As it was already HOT, we trekked early in the morning and late in the evening, and during the day we rested. Next time we plan to visit the desert in winter...
We highly recomend it!!!! For children is really great....

Visited January 2013
Sydney, Australia
“***Magical*** Moroccan Countryside Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Having spent the first half of our holiday in Morocco navigating the colourful but sometimes overwhelming city of Marrakech, my friend and and I decided we would like to escape the fast pace and bustle of the lively city to see what other secrets this mysterious country had to explore. Although initially a little hesitant to enlist the services of a tour guide ( we are quite independent travellers) after our magical trip with Morocco Countryside Tours, we were so so soooooo glad we did!! From the moment our guide Ahmmed arrived to collect us from our hotel his polite and professional manner coupled with his warm and happy smile reassured us we were in safe hands for our journey through the Atlas mountains. Along the way he entertained and educated us with stories and cultural insights into a country of which he is both fiercely proud and passionate about. And we learned lots too, from the history of the Berber people, local customs and wildlife, lessons in the Berber and Arabic languages... to interesting trivia about the filming of scenes from the 'Sex and the City' movie at Marrakech airport (who knew ;). Our driver Mohamed was equally entertaining and accommodating, taking requests from his varied cd collection (he caters for every taste from country to techno) but more importantly driving with an enviable level of skill and care up and around the twisting roads that wound their way through the breathtaking (and very high!) mountains. Their knowledge, great senses of humour and friendly dispositions and their extreme love for their work, made the holiday feel like a holiday shared with long lost friends and our tour was definitely the highlight of our trip! For a guaranteed amazing journey through Morocco I cannot recommend them enough!!

Visited May 2013