“The service provided by staff was impeccable” 5 of 5 stars

Pickalbatros Royal Mirage
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue des F. A. R., Fes 30000, Morocco   |
Ranked #52 of 87 Hotels in Fes
Lake Macquarie, Australia
“The service provided by staff was impeccable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

The hotel externally is of a slightly dated western design of glass and metal. Internally it is transformed into the delightful traditional Moroccan styling. It is in a great central location to visit the sights of the city. The rooms are spacious and comfortable rooms and are furnished in modern elegant style. All meal times have menus which contain traditional Moroccan dishes. Breakfast was a colourful feast of Moroccan delights and certainly a location in which one might want to linger over a longer breakfast. Sipping on the delightfully refreshing mint tea was an equally good way to quench your thirst at any time during the day. The main courtyard between the hotel wings has a beautifully present pool plaza where you spend many hours relaxing. The service provided by staff was impeccable and in our view our overall experience was, without doubt, 5 star in quality.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Barcelona, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I read reviews before I travelled and almost cancelled the booking at this hotel. However as some reviews suggest the rooms are shabby, they are comfortable,have Internet and are very quiet.
The hotel pool and gardens. Are enough for me to say the hotel can keep its 4 stars as this made my trip really great. The staff were friendly and it's in a convenient part of the new city.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are good, and some have been modernised. Room 255 was in good order
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Oxford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We were staying in this hotel for 2 nights as part of a tour and this was our 3rd hotel and I'm beginning to think that the 'star' rating in Morocco doesn't come anywhere near the same standard as Europe.

We spent 2 night nights here and while it wasn't uncomfortable apart from the air conditioning, which we couldn't sleep with it on because the fan was making too much noise and our room was directly over the entrance to the accommodation section of the hotel which had a lot of people walking through the night. The hotel rooms were large enough, but I would say equal to a 2 star quality anywhere in the western world. The safe did not work in our room or some other rooms that our friends were staying in as well. There was a sliding door in the toilet which didn't work very were either.

The meals were a buffet, while worked well, were very bland and for the standard of hotel they should be much better. Anytime you complain, people just say to you 'this is Morocco' so you should put up with is.
The general staff were good and did their best to help, but you could see that it was management were the problems were. The way I see it is they charge European prices and give you an African quality of service and product which the management seem to think is normal.

Room Tip: Make sure the air con is working when you go to the room first as you will not sleep with the fan on...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have been working in morocco (Fes to be more accurate) and I have stayed in 5 hotels in 5 separate weeks. This hotel is easily the best. The previous hotels have been way below standard in comparison with their Star rating. All the previous hotels were 4 stars and above and customer service in all of these hotels were seriously lacking, all apart from this hotel. The staff here are happy to assist you in any way they seem fit. I've always had a problematic Ipad and when I called reception to ask if the internet was working or if it was my ipad they sent the technical representative directly to my room to reconfigure my settings! (I wish I had this months back :)

The rooms are huge with two big double beds. air conditioning, fridge, toiletries and plasma tv and very clean, from what I can see every room faces the pool and has a balcony.

The food is great, moroccan cuisine all you can eat style buffet 7-11pm I think. internaitonal food like pasta pizza and steaks etc available all day. The pool is good also and the poolside bar in the evening is very nice. Especially with a water pipe :).

I will be working in Fes over the next few months and I certainly won't be changing after the horrors of the other so called 4 Star plus hotels.

Good price, Good food, even better staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Stayed 2 nights as part of a group tour. Bathroom dilapidated and poorly maintained. Took 3 phone calls to reception to get a roll of toilet paper. No bedpread on either bed and cover missing from the one duvet. Unreliable lifts. Buffet breakfast and dinner were OK. Large pool and surrounds. Nice kids' playground, but not well-maintained.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor overlooking the pool to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

After spending 2 weeks in Morocco I know that hotels are managed much better than this hotel . The brush-off phrase "this is Morocco" does not apply. For a hotel that caters to large tour groups at one time, it should have better management.
The front line staff worked very hard constantly putting out 'fires' caused by no systems or adult management. Food vas poor, rooms not well thought out and shabby.
At first glimpse things looked ok that that is where it ended.
--AC did not work, was a toasty 81 degrees F in the room, technician insisted it was working, nothing was even blowing from the vent.
-- Closet sliding door was struck shut, appeared to be painted to the tracks.
-- Bathtub drain was clogged, shower water from night before was still there in the morning.
--Safe did not work, ends up the printed directions were incorrect.
--No clothes hangers.
--Fridge did not cool although freezer section was cold.
--Not enough light in the room. The one very low table lamp between the two beds was so low the light did not shine above the mattress.
-- Evening buffet was very bland, would not eat there again.
--Breakfast buffet poorly laid out and poor selections bland, massive congestion for several hundred diners. The two coffee machines dispensed only one cup at a time, long lines up to 15 people at each machine just fora cup of coffee. Not worth the wait . Not enough staff to keep food line replenished although staff was working as fast as they could.
--dining room staff could not keep tables cleared and reset (knife, fork and paper napkin). I wiped off used silverware from someone in my group and used it as I could not get clean silverware.
--We returned for the day at 1600 only to find workers in our bathroom with part of the ceiling and wall taken apart and not a clear idea when they would be gone and the room tidied up.
--We were eventually moved to another room that still had challenges: shabbier furniture, single bed-side lamp light fixture worked intermittently, and still no working air conditioner.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Actually, I hesitated to make my reservation in this hotel. But neglected all the reviews I read I wanted to make my stay as an adventure. Once I arrived at the hotel, the parking was full and the supervisor came to me and offered to me to park my car in a secondary parking. The porter greeted me and insisted to help me though I had a small bag. At the reception, I found smiley staff and the check in took few minutes. they presented me all the facilities of the hotel. I can't beleive my eyes, a magnifiient landscape that surround the pool and lovely staff that received me with sliced fruits. I decided to have a drink before going to my room.It wasreally marvellous to have your drink and enjoy the music that makes you forget all .
I had a large room well decorated with free wifi. In the morning, I called the room service to have my breakfast and the lady in the phone offered me to come down explaining to me that there is a large choice in the buffet. I can't deny that her proposal was in its place cause the buffet was varied and ther was plenty of varieties :Moroccan and international spetialities. In fact,there are many things to relate but I will content myself with . and not all what is said is real . My experience in this fantastic hotel changed my earlier point of view. COME AND JUDGE .

Room Tip: According to what they told me all the romms have the same size and have free wifi,I prefer pool vie...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Pickalbatros Royal Mirage? Share your experiences!