“Total luxury in Fes” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 87 Hotels in Fes
Sarasota Fl
“Total luxury in Fes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

This hotel exceeded all expectations for us. My friend loved the swimming pool and we both slept so well in the most comfortable beds ever! Even the make-up mirror was superb quality! The gardens were a true delight to explore. The concierge took care of our needs perfectly. The food and music in the Moroccan restaurant were great, and room service breakfasts yummy! I have traveled for years, staying in the finest hotels, and this is at the top of my list!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
GR-SPJ, Responsable relations clients at Sofitel Palais Jamai Fes, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear sir,

I am very happy to read the comment that you wrote apropos of your stay at the Sofitel Palais Jamai, plus I am very pleased thank you from all the staff at our facility we have chosen, while you wish to receive for your next stay and serve you better service.

Gust realations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
uk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

On arrival we thought it was a beautiful place to stay however a mix up with our booking because we did not bring the card we reserved the hotel with caused numerous trips to reception to try and recitify.

The room was slightly disappointing and looked a little tired for the price we paid. Extremely comfy beds and a fab swimming pool and view from the balcony but just not the 5 star experience it could have been.

We paid the bill in full when we checked out of the hotel on AUG 2nd but once back in the UK I realised that I had been charged for the room again and payment taken out of my account fraudulently without my permission on AUG 27th. Despite calling the hotel and numerous emails I had to involve the fraud department of my bank to get the money returned.

Their incompetence cost me £256.49. I was only repaid £246.14 on 2 SEPT therefore I am still owed £10.35. Whilst this is not a great amount of money it is their duty to refund the costs that have been incurred by their mistake.

Sofitel do not answer any emails I send so I have been left with no choice other than to post this review. I would never recommend this hotel based on such terrible customer service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Milano
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

If planning a trip to Morocco, you have to stay at the Sofitel Palais Jamai.
From the moment you arrive until the end of the stay you feel like a member of the Royal family.
The service is perfect, the rooms are comfortable, the food superb and the view of the hold Medina breathtaking.
I recommend Fes and definitely the Palais Jamais as the place to be in town.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Madrid
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Fes is a unique, charming city with an authentic Moroccan feel. The Palais Jamai is probbaly the best place to stay at while enjoying this experience. The decor and the rooms are all fabulous, nicely done in a traditional Moroccan style. There are lots of options in terms of pool, dining, terrace, and even some restaurant with a show nearby. The fact that a couple of movies and soap operas were filmed here also enhances the experience. Even the elevators are fantastic as well as the welcome tea. An experience that leaves behind great memories.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

This was the last hotel of our two week trip. We wanted a splurge but not in a riad so staying in an old palace fit the bill.
Our room - we tried to book one room for two adults and two children on expedia and failed. So we called sofitel directly about 3 times and on the third managed to get an agent who called the hotel to check if a double could accommodate us and they said yes. On arrival we actually got upgraded to a junior suite which was simply lovely. Huge bed. Lovely bath and separate shower room. Fluffy white robes. They actually bought us two foldaway beds vs one with lovely crisp white linen. The view of the city from our room on the fifth floor was spectacular.
The pools - there is a main pool which is really deep. Deeper than any hotel pool I have ever experienced. S if you are travelling with small children you may want to use the more shaded shallow pool in the courtyard below.
Breakfast - was a sumptuous buffet everyday. Over three days the menu items did not change but there was enough choice for us to have something different everyday. The female waiting staff were not very great at remembering your tea or coffee order and would get rather surly on being reminded. This was the only downside and the only negative experience of the staff. The spread is French, Morrocan and Continental.
The Bar - is in a lovely setting looking over the medina rooftops. As smoking is permitted indoors in Morocco you do have to move about a bit to be away from the smoke! Sitting on the terrace was our preference.
The Cafe - there is a cafe open all day serving food from the room service menu. We only ate there once and paid 650Dhms for three large baguettes and a bowl of pasta.
Concierge - was simply lovely. Always smiling. Always helpful.
Decor - I have read the reviews below about shabby interiors etc etc. This is an old palace! How amazing to stay somewhere with so much history and character. It's not spanking and shiny everywhere but it is full of wonderful antiques and nooks and crannies that are beautifully decorated in traditional Moroccan style. All areas are spotlessly clean and the gardens are lovely.

Room Tip: Try for a room on one of the higher floors facing the pool side of the hotel so you get the city and...