“Extreme pricing differences” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Fes

Save Saved
You added Ibis Fes to your Saves list
Ibis Fes
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue des Almohades | Place de la Gare, Fes 30000, Morocco   |
Ranked #49 of 85 hotels in Fes
Taza, Morocco
“Extreme pricing differences”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

So I had just dropped my family off at the airport and they generously gave my husband and I a "honeymoon," by giving us money to stay a few nights in Fez before returning to Taza where we live.

We drove from Casablanca to Fez arriving at the Ibis around 6pm and requested a room - we were charged 600+ dirhams for the first night - and then 470 dirhams the second night we stayed - this is an extreme price difference from what I saw online which ranged from 548 dirhams a night to 371 dirhams a night. This is my main issue - is that one shouldn't be charged two such extreme prices over the course of two days. Next time I will book the room ONLINE to ensure the best price and that I get my Le Club Member Points.

Well since it wasn't my money - it was a gift and we were both exhausted we just paid and went up to our room.

The front desk also requested our marriage certificate - which the Ibis in Casablanca that we stayed at the night before never asked for.

I noticed when we got to the room that a lot of the flyers and helpful information we found in our Ibis hotel in Casablanca was missing from the room - it makes sense to have the number for the front desk next to the phone or on the phone in the area where one can list numbers - but no such luck. So we had to get on the Wifi to call the hotel from our personal cell to get the number to the front desk.

Our bed was much better than the one we had at the Ibis Casablanca - it was a regular box spring mattress with a lovely foam pad about 3-4 inches thick that made that bed feel like a cloud.

The shower was an amazing with tons of hot water. I also love that the thermostat worked and that we could heat or cool the room as we pleased.

The last night we ate at the hotel restaurant and it was quiet, basically empty with great service. We ate at the breakfast buffet both mornings and it was a pleasant quiet space with a great selection of food.

The second issue was people smoking in the hallway of the hotel - it came into our room and was really unpleasant. I think they should have one wing for smoking guests and one wing or floor for non smokers. All guest shouldn't have to deal with second hand smoke if they don't want to.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

458 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Stayed there for 3 nights with my wife. The hotel is located near the train station (3-5 minute walk). But are at a moderate distance from the atractions of fes.

It is worth staying there if you have lot of bags, and good also if you plan to visit Meknes (40 minutes by train from fes).

The rooms were very confortable, but the staff was not very friendly but was ok. Did not fell so bad as the reviews i read, felt they are really trying to improve this point.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

its a nice hotel for the money you pay ,so close to the train station ,if you are traveling the next
day.ok the could have hairdryer , it wasnt easy to dry my hair with out it .
but it was clean and the staff nice and helpful.medina is far so better get a taxi .
we had a room with pool view and it was quite and warm.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

The hotel couldn't be more convenient if you're arriving by train as it's just yards from the main station. This also means easy access to taxis. The medina and most interesting parts of the city are a 25-35 minute walk away. It's decent value with a nice pool area, bar and good breakfast buffet. It also has good wifi in rooms.

I stayed on the third floor and detected a very faint and constant smoke smell in my room. You can still smoke in indoor public places in Morocco which may explain it. I also suspect the paper thin walls have something to do with it, which sometimes make it a noisy place. The rooms are fine with decent facilities, although the windows are quite small.

The staff are good and generally helpful, although a gripe is how they seem to be in cahoots in the taxi drivers outside. I asked them about getting to the airport and they told me the 'public price' was always 150 dirham for a roughly 20 minute journey. I paid them, not the driver, so who knows what cut they took. I am aware of the need to haggle in Morocco, but instead of my hotel seeking extra profit from me I would much rather have unbiased and trustworthy advice.

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook the nice pool area at the back.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Istanbul, Turkey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

This place is a disgrace to Ibis name or even a hotel name in general. First of all we booked a room with a double bed via booking.com but they give us a twin bed room instead. We asked for a crib during reservation and double check it with 2 separate mail but they didn't bother to reply. And they offered us a floor cushion instead of a baby crib. It was small, old, and mouldy. The first room they gave us smell very bad so we had to change it. The 2nd room they gave us is on the 3rd floor which has no elevator and in construction. There was some paints on the corridor carpet but we didn't mind. There was openings under the corridor and balcony doors. If you consider the broken A/C, it was freezing cold in the night. Extra pillow had long hairs on it. We woke up from noises coming from the corridors. There was a construction work on the floor. Everywhere is covered with plastic sheets and there were lots of painter. You can't move without bumping to a painter or a scaffolding. This hotel!!! was by far the worst hotel I've ever stayed

Room Tip: Rooms on the other hotels are better.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Next to the gare. Lovely garden and pool. Easy to get a taxi to the medina. Take the train 1 hour to Meknes to spend the day and go back to Fes afterwards. Good small restaurants in the neighbourhood.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Madrid
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

This western-style hotel is just metres away from the train station. It was reasonably quiet, although the rooms need some re-decoration and are a bit dark due to the small windows. For food and breakfast there are many cheaper places nearby. WiFi was free and quite fast.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Ibis Fes? Share your experiences!