“Well cooked traditional Moroccan food, friendly surroundings and host” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Scorpion du Desert

Cuisines: Moroccan, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Norwich
“Well cooked traditional Moroccan food, friendly surroundings and host”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

We went to this place on the recommendation of Trip Advisor and because is is a few metres from our Dar. It is a small and inconspicuous doorway which we had passed several times without realising it was a restaurant. Even once we had entered we were not sure! To be honest for a while I regretted out choice as we seemed to be the only person there apart from the owner and his friends. we ordered from the menu which had nothing more than the standard chicken couscous, meat tagine etc. I was not that hungry so ordered harira as I was uninspired by the choice. We appeared to be the only people there but it turned out there were many floors above with people upstairs. But as our food was served, the atmosphere warmed up a bit. The meat tagine and chicken cous cous were very flavourful and well cooked. My partner's tortilla was also very lovely. My harira was a big boring but after eating it in several places I have decided it is the nature of the dish and this was as good as any, though I did have to ask for it to be heated as it arrived luke warm. All was dealt with nicely and the owner Mohammed introduced himself as a Berber from the Sahara who had taken over the restaurant from his father and he also runs desert tours. His speciality is a Berber pizza which is traditionally cooked in hot sand (not in Fez though, he adapts the method) that you have to order in advance. He invited us to return on Saturday night for music from Sudan and Mali plus Berber. All in all a very nice experience, not without its rough edges (my partner advised me to use the loo at our Dar rather than the restaurant one after his visit there where he said a camel had probably been). Recommended for a good authentic meal and Moroccan style.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

New Hampshire
“Fun, authentic Moroccan restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We went as a family (with five kids) tonight and had an excellent time. A Moroccan band played, our kids danced, we ate very authentic Moroccan food. The atmosphere was fun and lively. Mostly young Moroccans with just a few tourists. It felt very authentic.

• Visited November 2012
Breda, The Netherlands
“Superb!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

We had dinner two times in this great place! It is clean, the food is amazing, the atmosphere is real Moroccan with its deserttent, terrace and great interior and it is less touristic than many other places. Really the place to be in Fez!!

• Visited March 2012
chew magna
“Great Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

I took some of my clients from Dar Iman for the concert on saturday night.. just amazing essoua music,full of young Moroccans and tourists everyone up dancing and on the night there was a film crew from 2SM a moroccan tv company Its a must do if you are in Fes

• Visited October 2011