“Excellent Place to stay in Fes” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dar Hafsa

You added Dar Hafsa to your Saves list
Dar Hafsa
34 Derb Sidi Safi Souiket Ben Safi | Talaa Sghira Mesdina, Fes 30000, Morocco   |
Ranked #13 of 87 Hotels in Fes
“Excellent Place to stay in Fes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

It is beyond a shadow of a doubt the best place I have stayed in Morocco, the place is clean, beautifully decorated in Moroccan style, with a lovely terrance giving a great view of the Medina of Fes. The raid is well located in the heart of Fes Medina, so you can go any of the famous sightseeing spots including the tannery easily by walking. The owner of the raid is also very helpful, not only did he help us to get rid of the greedy taxi driver that drove us there, he also showed us around the medina, helped us to get to get the tickets for bus, and gave very valuable advice for our trip. They even serves the best breakfast as well as mint tea I have ever have in Morocco! Seldom do I write a review for the the place I had stayed in, but this raid do deserve an "Excellent"!!! I would recommend this raid without any reservation!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Polish first
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Dar Hafsa is one of the best hotels I've stayed at while abroad. The service is absolutely spectacular. The owner, Abdul Kareem is a gentleman who goes out of his way to make sure every aspect of his hotel is satisfactory for the customer. His service provides an amazing breakfast spread each morning that is unlike anything I have ever experienced before. They are also very prompt in cleaning the rooms and proving fresh linens and towels. The rooms are very nice and bathrooms have constant hot water for shower and the sink. I would absolutely recommend Dar Hafsa to any and all traveling to Fez and looking for an authentic experience.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

All in all this was by far the best place that I have stayed at in Morocco! The service is great! The food is even better! The owner is extremely helpful in organizing tours and showing great places to eat! To top it all off there is a great roof top balcony that over looks Fez and the beautiful Moroccan country side!! This is a great place to stay!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dijon, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

While planning my quick, three day trip to Fes, I was at a loss for how to arrive at Dar Hafsa from the airport, as I was arriving at 11:30 PM. I contacted Dar Hafsa and they assured me that it was not a problem and arranged pickup from the airport which brought us into Fes and to the Blue Gate. At the Blue Gate, one of the employees was waiting for us to take us the rest of the way to the Riad. And when we arrived we were warmly welcomed and shown to our wonderful room.
The breakfast in the morning was such a highlight! I am not exaggerating when I say we would go to bed looking forward to it! Ten very different types of bread (with jam, honey, butter, and cheese at your choosing), along with a boiled egg, olives, fresh orange juice, coffee, and AMAZING tea kept us going through our long and busy days!
Overall, my stay at Dar Hafsa is, without a doubt, the best stay I have ever had in all my years of travel. The staff could not be kinder or more helpful! If you are looking for a place to stay in Fes, you will not be disappointed here!

Dijon, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Having never been to Morocco, I was really nervous. Luckily, we chose the best place to stay! The entire staff was so helpful and kind, and truly went above and beyond for us. The manager booked wonderful excursions for us at great prices. Both the excursions were great. The rooms were beautiful and the entire riad is done in a lovely moroccan style. The room was incredibly clean and comfortable. The riad could not have been in a better location either! Not to mention the delicious breakfast every morning! We were helped and guided in every aspect of our explorations in morocco and they could not have been more helpful. I absolutely have nothing negative to say about this place and would recommend it to anybody. My only regret is not staying longer!

singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

I'm writing this in my room at the Dar right now. My husband and I have stayed here for the past 6 nights and tonight is our last night here.

It's an excellent experience staying here - we have everything well taken care of, by Karim and his family/team.

We didn't get to plan much prior to our trip as we were busy with our wedding preparations, so we were really thankful for the suggestions given by Karim. He helped us book our driver and also suggested when we should visit each place given the weather forecasts. As such, we got to explore some very beautiful places in Morocco.

We travel often and the family-styled hospitality we received from the Dar is exceptional - it's as though we've made some good friends in Fez! We will surely stay here again if we visit Fez again!

If I have to pick a fault, it would be that the Dar is rather cold in the morning, since it's winter now.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Manager was rude.When we left he snatched the Maid's tip from us out of her hand and said '70 dirham, is that all.' Shower squirted water and soaked the bathroom,light in room didn't work, no hot water on first day, set us up with a rip off tour guide who was constantly sleazy all day (charged 40 euros when going rate is 30). Manager constantly interrupted us when we spoke, listened in to private conversations, told us off for talking in common area at 8pm because guests were sleeping, every time we asked for tea it was a chore even though he was drinking it in front of us and pouring himself teas. Wouldn't stay here again. Breakfast is good and room is nice but it was dark to the point we couldn't see anything at night. He said he would get it all repaired but didn't in the 4 nights we were there.

• Stayed January 2014
MerieID, Gérant at Dar Hafsa, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear kirstspen,
Thank you for your review posted on trip advisor and we are happy that you found the room nice and good breakfast. However, I would like to clarify some points raised in this review:
The maid's tip mentioned here wasn't a tip but a fee of an additional service which is cleaning two big plastic bags of your cloths after your arrival from desert ( one is yours and the other one for you friend). Though we don't have this service, we asked the housekeeper to do it for you . To clarify more the guests asked that those cloths should be hand washed. As a reward , the guest gave her 20 MAD (1,5 euro). I didn't accord and ask them to give her 30 MAD (3 euro) more. The thing which irritated them. Sorry if that upset you but as I care about our guests' satisfaction,feelings and comfort, I also care about our worker as we consider them a member of our team that I also respect because their job is difficult one and they are always doing in a good way.
The water issue in your room when you arrived was faulty but this was fixed the next day. Besides, I did give you a room where you had your shower for that night. You did mention in your review that the problem of the water was only for the first night which means for the next three night it was fixed. So, an action was taken,it wasn't only talk.
Regarding the bathroom , I did explain that the shower has a closed drain which will be opened once you press it. Thus, the water flows normally. This was purposely done for the sake of hygiene. In addition to this, in each room there are three lamps but if you think it is not sufficient , I will take that into consideration and try to add more.
As for ripping you off, we did nothing of the sort. I told the Guest when she asked for a tour guide that we can be only intermediary between them and the tour guide agencies. Therefore, we can't take the responsibility of their behaviours or services. But, we can still help if guests complain the thing that this guest didn't when I asked about her tour with him. Moreover, the tours cost are set by the National Office of Tourism : Full Day: 400 MAD/ Half Day: 250 MAD. So, if the guest has any concern about the price or the guide then s/he can contact them. Here are the contact details:
Tel:+ 212(0) 535 623 460.
Fax:+ 212(0) 535 654 370.
Our priority is to guarantee the comfort to all our guests like we were doing with those guests. Unfortunately, they used to disturb other guests by shouting in the sitting area. They talked very loud on the phone. Consequently , I received complaints from the other guests. I politely asked them to be just careful next time or they can sit in the room which is next to the sitting area.
Finally, I am truly saddened to read this review but I hope that the rest of your travels were successful one.
Kind regards,

Been to Dar Hafsa? Share your experiences!